i love McMike....but......

upgrade at TE, if it presented itself ?

• yes

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • no

Votes: 48 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm a senior at The University of Maryland this year. I've watched every snap Vernon Davis has taken. The man is clearly top 10 talent and this discusion is moot being that the fins draft at 16.

The value a player like Davis brings would be impossible to pass up at 16. This guy is gunna light up the TE position a la Gates/Gonzalez.

If the Falcons were smart they would make a move for Davis, run two TE sets with he and crumpler, send out flyer WR's and invent "The Mike Vick Offense."

is awesome but i thin this is the case where u have to take need over bpa. we gott to many holes to fill but maybe we can fill them in fa so i dont know it all depends...

I've heard the saying if it aint broke dont fix it. But if you are driving a Corvette, and can also add a Lamborghini, you do so.

what really has mcmichael proved? that he is a wife beater? to be real he isnt as good as ppl hype him up 2 be.....but anywayz id get davis and trade away mcmichael for some oline or secondary.

this is not a hate mcmike thread.. i even prefixed it with " i love mcmike"......

No way he can't block and McMike has got alot better at that and will be used alot more this year or at least should be!

Skeet84 said:
No way he can't block and McMike has got alot better at that and will be used alot more this year or at least should be!

He better be, he definitely dropped off towards the end of the season last year. For someone as vocal as he is, he needs to back it up.

If Davis was there, which he wont, I would see if I could trade down. There should be a handful of calls to us if Vernon is there at #16. I would use it to trade down.

i think you always look to improve and also i would probabaly do it then run a lot of 2 tight end sets or try to move davis to wr at first i doubted that but when he ran like a 4.4 or 4.3 i was like wow he could play wr

This is pro sport. The operative is "pro". If Vernon Davis fall to 16 then you take Davis and immediately start fielding trade offers to McMike.

This is not hatin' on McMike is just pro sports. Everybody is upgradeable.

so, so, so dumb to draft him. He has talent, but why take him. We have McMike, he is a top ten TE. He has been hugh for us. Think about how much DC likes to throw to his TE. McMike is gonna have a big year! Mark my words. We have way bigger needs than dreaming that a TE falls to us

MofoPhin said:
no... im not gonna get an unproven tight end with a good combine over a top 10 or even top 5 TE in the league

Unproven? He proved a lot in college. The guy is a unique talent. He's faster than Antonio Gates.
RM isn't even in the same class

Back
Top Bottom