I Quit. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Quit.

Bump to the top. Come back and take your licks, naysayers. :chair:

Dont say we didnt tell ya so. :lol:

You have been a fan for 29 years and now you are quitting? I have been a fan for 31 years and will be one til i DIE. I am 37 and remember the 72 season. I remeber the highs and lows and will be there for them all. Fairweather fan by definition is one who supports the team while winning but "quits" when losing. The whole Dungy vs Gruden argument may be relevant but you quit cause wanny is here.

One word Bye. since we are 2-1 and dominated a good team, are you back now or are you true to your word?

The next time you see the two posters who quit in this thread post something on this MB, please remind them for me that they quit being a fan of this franchise and their opinions no longer matter. If there is anything I hate more than doomsdayers, its doomsdayers who want back in when everything looks sunny. Sorry but both those fans are pathetic, pansy waste, FAIR WEATHER FANS. I don't care if they have been rooting for 29 years, 35 years, even before the establishment of this franchise; that just makes the original posts all the more pathetic.

Originally posted by Rrodr038
The next time you see the two posters who quit in this thread post something on this MB, please remind them for me that they quit being a fan of this franchise and their opinions no longer matter. If there is anything I hate more than doomsdayers, its doomsdayers who want back in when everything looks sunny. Sorry but both those fans are pathetic, pansy waste, FAIR WEATHER FANS. I don't care if they have been rooting for 29 years, 35 years, even before the establishment of this franchise; that just makes the original posts all the more pathetic.

Harsh, but I can't say I disagree with anything you said.

I haven't been on in a couple months and I 'm just catching up a little . I have to say that is some funny $hit. I was pretty ticked off but I would never sellout the dolphins.

Gimme the names...I really don't want to go through the entire thread again.....

:lol:

Well the dude who started the thread jumped back onto the bandwagon before the thread was even finished he admitted he overreacted and he could NEVER really give up on the Phins he was just extremely frustrated.

As for Emskirch, that man put out some ultra-tough words and decided it was his responsibility to antagonize anyone who was trying to put perspective on the loss (ie, its not all bad its only the first game of the year etc) and he told everyone that he was going to come back midseason when it was obvious the Dolphins SUCK and he was going to rub it in blah blah blah. He was the one said he'd been a fan for 26 years or whatever and he was saying that nobody has the right to criticize him for jumping ship unless they too have been fans of the Phins for 25 years or more.

Now, apparently he's back in the fold. He says he's a dolphin fan again but he's just resigned to us losing in the first round of the playoffs yet again this year.

Originally posted by Emskirch

LOL ban me, I have already said cancel my premium membership. And by the way, I have completed anger management classes twice :lol:

WOW... One flew over the kookoo's nest......
you guys say that he's back? He get's his premium spot back too?

Experience tells me it's usually the same "fans" that jump ship when the ship's sinking (at least for a sports team), so this might not be the last time we see the same guys jump ship in the future. Anyway, I'm only quitting this team if they change their name and logo!!

WOW! this was amazing! how did i miss this thread to begin with?

i can understand being frustrated and saying somethings out of line but that one guy, emskirch, i don't know....

i've been a fan since '72. i've been there for highs and the lows( mostly highs thankfully ) i would never give up on my team.

I'm not much of a fan of guys who quit a team either, but ... who cares? No skin off my back. It's just as superficial and pathetic to get down on someone b/c their passions change about a football team when they lose, as it is to quit a team for losing!

It's football, not life. Lighten up. I'm sure this will get someone even more angry, thus proving the point. ;)

Originally posted by Da 'Fins

I'm not much of a fan of guys who quit a team either, but ... who cares? No skin off my back. It's just as superficial and pathetic to get down on someone b/c their passions change about a football team when they lose, as it is to quit a team for losing!

It's football, not life. Lighten up. I'm sure this will get someone even more angry, thus proving the point. ;)

Agreed, while I was amazed at this thread, I just think it was started out of frustation of the first game..If you're a fan and had been talking a little stuff before that game and then we lose like we did, it does get a little embrassing. I know I took a lot of heat from my friends and other fans of other teams, It was a tough week, I was so glad when Miami got that W against the Jets..whew, it slow the one liners I'd heard, and beating the Bills the way we did shut up all my and the Dolphins critics around me. But these guys deserved to let off a little steam, they knew they weren't going anywhere. There's times like last year, when the fins lost to miss the playoff's where I didn't want to talk to any one about the phins, I had to slimmer down first, I think I didn't even post on the board for about a month. I was pissed. But I started coming around when we starting picking up FA's.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Well the dude who started the thread jumped back onto the bandwagon before the thread was even finished he admitted he overreacted and he could NEVER really give up on the Phins he was just extremely frustrated.

As for Emskirch, that man put out some ultra-tough words and decided it was his responsibility to antagonize anyone who was trying to put perspective on the loss (ie, its not all bad its only the first game of the year etc) and he told everyone that he was going to come back midseason when it was obvious the Dolphins SUCK and he was going to rub it in blah blah blah. He was the one said he'd been a fan for 26 years or whatever and he was saying that nobody has the right to criticize him for jumping ship unless they too have been fans of the Phins for 25 years or more.

Now, apparently he's back in the fold. He says he's a dolphin fan again but he's just resigned to us losing in the first round of the playoffs yet again this year.

Losing in the playoffs round 1 eh? He/she gives him a lot of time there. I bet he/she is hoping that when the time comes around and we win in the first round that we all forgot about the prediction...BUT if he/she would be right he/she would jump up first to say "I told you so"

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom