I saw some combine workouts of JP Losman and I am very impressed.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I saw some combine workouts of JP Losman and I am very impressed....

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
The man is real fast and he has a hell of an arm. He might be a greenbay packer but other than Eli I think Jp Losman will be a future star. He is young, smart and he can run like hell.

I heard he is a big prick though.

Check out the "Outside the Lines" show on ESPN that features Losman's tryouts. He's an impressive athlete but I'm not sure they make a helmet big enough for his swelled head. :shakeno: IMO he's a real jerk that will not be liked or a good leader because he's full of himself.

There's plenty of jerks out there become good QBs anyway. People didn't like Brett Favre's attitude coming out...Gannon is a jerk...Heck Marino use to point the finger at other players all the time but he was so damned talented everyone knew he was right, and so we called it "demanding excellence" or "fiery leadership"

Losman did stick by his teammates at all the right times including his aweful OL. He thinks he's the best...he says he's the best. If you're looking at just his arm and just his feet, he's almost right.

If he figures out the NFL, gets the game to slow down for him, and begins making plays, the attitude won't matter. This draft process is probably the best thing for him. He's seen himself fall all the way to the 2nd round in all the projections, seen a guy like Phil Rivers pull away from him because of his leadership and nice guy attitude, even without the physical gifts that Losman takes for granted.

If the Dolphins traded down or did something to where they ended up getting Losman in like, the 2nd round...I would be pretty excited.

Physically, he is the best QB in this draft. His workouts remind me of a Boller or someone like that. I think the only knock on him is his personality. I saw the Outside the Lines... he is a confident fella, and I love that coming from my QB. He is worth a 1st round selection

I'm beginning to think Losman could be the steal of the draft at QB.

Dr.Rad said:
Physically, he is the best QB in this draft. His workouts remind me of a Boller or someone like that. I think the only knock on him is his personality. I saw the Outside the Lines... he is a confident fella, and I love that coming from my QB. He is worth a 1st round selection

Sounds a lot like Ryan Leaf ...

:D get JP keep AJ jay take the next flight out :lol: :D :roflmao: :cooldude:

he does sound like Ryan leaf.

He is extremely gifted physically, but he's over confident and ****y. Our offense revolves around Ricky who is an introvery by nature in the first place. Do we want to bring in a big mouthed QB to lead this offense? Chambers is a total team player, McMichael is always wanting to better himself, Ricky silently carries this team and is coming out of his hole, and we have Boston who we know has social problems as well.

I sure as hell don't want some smart assed young gun to walk in here and start stuff. He is NOT what this team wants.

Not only does his attitude effect how he LEADS the team, but it effects his play. Where as QB's like Rivers and Eli make smart plays, and take what their given, JP thinks he can get the ball there in situations that he really can't. Now, he pushes at teh college level, immagine the outcome at the pro-level. Pick city people.

the best comparison's can be drawn between him and leaf. The physical specimen is there, but the attitude and knowledge of the game are HUGE question marks.

To make a successful jump to the pro's, he has to learn. He has to sit, and watch, and study, and make a huge leap in the way he reads the flow of the game, and judges what needs to be done. I don't think someone with his attitude can do it. IF he can, he could be awesome, I totally agree with that. But I really don't expect him to do it.

You can take a ****y kid that forces the ball with all the athletic talent, and set him next to a student of the game with half the phyiscal ability, and that 2nd QB will will all the time, bar none.

Like I say, Losman has A LOT of work to do, he has the physical tools, but needs to develope in many ways mentally. That alone makes him a huge gamble...a gamble that COULD have huge benefits, but not something you put a 1st on. Heck, i'd be wary of using a 2nd on him. 3rd round rolls around, and I'd consider him, but not before then, no way he's a 1st.

Phinzone I like what you posted but we really dont have a leader in this offense and no one wants to step up, we suck really. Ricky just comes to the field to do his job. Jp Losman is a very bright kid, Honors student and very energetic. What makes a good qb? Well liked by his teamates? A person who tells them, we are getting this done and this is the last drive? Forcing the ball? When Farve began his career as a qb, he didn't look great because he was a Jp type of guy, he would force things to make plays and he still does it now a days but with confidence and great execution. Don't expect him to be the next marino or anything. If he goes to a team where they have had success coaching quarterbacks, I can tell you that he will go far. He will be picked up by Greenbay in the First round.

I've posted on another thread earlier that we should not be surprised if we move down and take Losman.I know people don't think we would but noone thought we's take Flecther or Moore so nothing will shocked me.In the end he could be a bust but he could be an all pro too.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom