I saw some combine workouts of JP Losman and I am very impressed.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I saw some combine workouts of JP Losman and I am very impressed....

I don't know much about Losman, so I don't have strong feelings either way. If Rick thought he was worth the #20 pick, or traded down a bit and got him, I'd be okay with it.

I don't think the Leaf comparison is valid. Leaf was the 1b to Manning's 1a in that draft. Leaf got like an $11 million dollar signing bonus, he was supposed to be the savior QB of the Chargers, he cost multiple draft picks. :shakeno

There was SO much pressure on the kid, he was immature, so him turning into a HUGE bust should have been forseen.

Losman would come in here as the rookie, #3 on the QB chart (I think Sage is cut) then gets this year to watch and learn. Maybe next season he is ready to compete with Feeley. He gets a fraction of the signing bonus that Leaf got by the way, but much less pressure to succeed right away. He would have a much better team around him too.

The Dolphins do lack a real vocal leader on offense, though Feeley might provide that. Getting a solid QB prospect would not be the worst move the Dolphins could make in this draft.

If we trade down, I would consider taking him at 32.

I think it would be a miracle if he gets both pass both the Packers and Rams.

Matrz has a woody for him.

gearhead said:
Check out the "Outside the Lines" show on ESPN that features Losman's tryouts. He's an impressive athlete but I'm not sure they make a helmet big enough for his swelled head. :shakeno: IMO he's a real jerk that will not be liked or a good leader because he's full of himself.

Jerk as in bigger jerk then Jeff George?

I honestly think the bottom line with Leaf is he couldn't make the reads. I know he had blowups and stuff but he could have gotten past that if he ever showed one ounce of talent on the field making the right reads and throwing an accurate ball.

We'll see if Losman can do that. The small modicum of success that Ramsey has had speaks well for him though.

I am a huge fan of Loseman and we'll pass him up like most teams. Swelled head and all my prediction is that he will be more effective than both Manning and Rivers. The Jury is still out on Big Ben...

Phinzone said:
he does sound like Ryan leaf.

How can he sound like Ryan? Ryan was a #1 pick and JP is lucky to go in the 2nd round. He's ****y, but at least Ryan had reason to be because of his draft status.

Back
Top Bottom