I Think I’m Onto Something... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Think I’m Onto Something...

multistage

Club Member
Reaction score
After watching these guys for 42 years, I was never a “Fire this guy, then fire that guy!” fan.

Although I admit Cam Cameron needed to go.

But all I’ve heard is Gase, Burke, and Tannehill need to be shot. And I ignored it. But.....

Gase is not a guru or anything like it. This offense has been anemic. Before the injuries, they weren’t whacking and stacking.

At Cincy: 3rd and 1, Gore is running hot. So we throw it deep for an incompletion. Idiocy.

Today: 3rd and 10. Oh yeah, NOW is the time to hand it off. Stuffed. Idiocy.

Gase may not be going anywhere soon, but I don’t see him taking us anywhere. Not with that horrible play calling, that he shouldn’t be doing in the first place. OC???

Burke? Oh boy. This Wide 9 thing makes sense now. Send your D ends on a fierce pass rush which results in maybe one sack per game. Meanwhile, the other guys get more yards rushing than we do passing as they destroy your D tackles.

Go back to a base 4-3. Quit the gimmicky horseshit.

And while I’m not soured on Tannehill, Os is playing every bit as well for a fraction of the cost.

And why didn’t the team show up to play?? They did last week. Were they counting on the Miami heat to melt the Lions? That didn’t pan out. This one is on all hands.

Our coaches aren’t what we need. They aren’t getting the value out of the players. Sticking with dumbass calls (Gase) and a scheme that chews a D up (Burke) isn’t getting it done.

And how in HELL are all our guys getting banged up? Yeah, yeah, all teams have injuries.

But not to this extent. Again.

Something stinks...

40 + year fan here and I'm with you. The only difference is I have soured on Tannehill and feel he's not the guy to take us anywhere. I base this on his play and the way the offense moves the ball. I see other quarterbacks move around the pocket make big plays Etc. I'm saddened by this because I really like 17 especially his toughness but I am absolutely ready to move on. I hate to say it but I just don't think he's a winner. As much as the back and forth with the coach or should I say coaches I also don't like what I see, the most annoying thing is their inability to change. I guess they have a philosophy but if it's not working you have to change things up. I'm really torn in the fact that I don't want to start over again with a new coach but I see it happening. I would really like to give him a shot with another QB but I'm on the fence with that thought as well

Yeah I’ve been concerned with the injuries as well. Either it’s bad luck, or the conditioning regimen needs tweaking, IMO

Yeah I’ve been concerned with the injuries as well. Either it’s bad luck, or the conditioning regimen needs tweaking, IMO

I don’t think it’s luck.

In the 70s, we were the toughest team on the planet. Shula made those guys do 4-a-days in the August Miami heat.

And it payed off. They were animals.

These guys seem like China dolls.

I don’t think it’s luck.

In the 70s, we were the toughest team on the planet. Shula made those guys do 4-a-days in the August Miami heat.

And it payed off. They were animals.

These guys seem like China dolls.

My first game was 1975 in the Orange Bowl, Strock’s first start. I am with you to a point.

I think it depends on the situation. I’m sure you remember Baumhauer. One of my favorite players ever.

His knees were not the best yet Shula made him practice even as a 7-8 year veteran, full pads...

Not sure he admits it, but other teammates have, Shula being so hard headed cost Baumhauer easily 2-3 more good years.

He also wanted to win so fanatically, he blew up at Jake Scott not wanting to take the needle for a preseason game. Then traded him away.

Shula was a great coach, but I strongly question some of his tactics.

My first game was 1975 in the Orange Bowl, Strock’s first start. I am with you to a point.

I think it depends on the situation. I’m sure you remember Baumhauer. One of my favorite players ever.

His knees were not the best yet Shula made him practice even as a 7-8 year veteran, full pads...

Not sure he admits it, but other teammates have, Shula being so hard headed cost Baumhauer easily 2-3 more good years.

He also wanted to win so fanatically, he blew up at Jake Scott not wanting to take the needle for a preseason game. Then traded him away.

I surely do remember the Mad Baumer. What a nose guard! He was pretty lanky for that position, but sure did play it well.

Jake Scott wouldn’t put up with Shulas ****. A bit of friction there.

And yeah, he was pretty hard on his guys.

Well at the time Shula could do whatever he wanted having been to 6 Super Bowls in 15 years. It’s like BB now - whatever he does is “right” because all he does is win. Gase doesn’t get any benefit of the doubt yet.

Well at the time Shula could do whatever he wanted having been to 6 Super Bowls in 15 years. It’s like BB now - whatever he does is “right” because all he does is win. Gase doesn’t get any benefit of the doubt yet.

And after games like this, he won’t.

Another 40 plus year fan. I've never been so frustrated by what seems to be coaching incompetence week in and week out. Gase wins with smoke and mirrors or when his players play a near perfect game. On defense Matt Burke is the epitome of a "Gorilla in the Mist ", he has no goddamn clue what he's doing. His players have bailed him out. Can't continue to give up 425+ yards a game and win. What a #$%#$@& show these 2 coaches are. Get them out of here!!!

Back
Top Bottom