I Think I’m Onto Something... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Think I’m Onto Something...

After watching these guys for 42 years, I was never a “Fire this guy, then fire that guy!” fan.

Although I admit Cam Cameron needed to go.

But all I’ve heard is Gase, Burke, and Tannehill need to be shot. And I ignored it. But.....

Gase is not a guru or anything like it. This offense has been anemic. Before the injuries, they weren’t whacking and stacking.

At Cincy: 3rd and 1, Gore is running hot. So we throw it deep for an incompletion. Idiocy.

Today: 3rd and 10. Oh yeah, NOW is the time to hand it off. Stuffed. Idiocy.

Gase may not be going anywhere soon, but I don’t see him taking us anywhere. Not with that horrible play calling, that he shouldn’t be doing in the first place. OC???

Burke? Oh boy. This Wide 9 thing makes sense now. Send your D ends on a fierce pass rush which results in maybe one sack per game. Meanwhile, the other guys get more yards rushing than we do passing as they destroy your D tackles.

Go back to a base 4-3. Quit the gimmicky horseshit.

And while I’m not soured on Tannehill, Os is playing every bit as well for a fraction of the cost.

And why didn’t the team show up to play?? They did last week. Were they counting on the Miami heat to melt the Lions? That didn’t pan out. This one is on all hands.

Our coaches aren’t what we need. They aren’t getting the value out of the players. Sticking with dumbass calls (Gase) and a scheme that chews a D up (Burke) isn’t getting it done.

And how in HELL are all our guys getting banged up? Yeah, yeah, all teams have injuries.

But not to this extent. Again.

Something stinks...
https://i.gifer.com/VRYN.gif
VRYN.gif

Unfortunately, youre not alone bro,

Lol, yup. We know names like Stanfill, Den Herder, Kolen, Anderson, Fernandez, Heinz, Strock, Baumhower, Nathan, Harris (Duriel), Keuchenberg, Little, Langer, Evans, Crusan.....

But us old guys also knew what is was like to watch Miami dominate.
Putting Duriel in there was superb. Or depressing... since I thought of Charles.

Putting Duriel in there was superb. Or depressing... since I thought of Charles.
Charles Harris - you just knew he didn’t have it the moment you saw him play his first game. I know that’s extreme but I recall being so underwhelmed in that there was nothing about his game that stood out. Speed? No. Strength? No. Instincts? No. Intangibles? No. Spin move? Get outta here w that garbage. No. Duriel on the other hand was a player.

45 year Dolphin fan from NYC here (I was 11 years old when my Uncle Frank who lived in Miami Beach took me to the Orange Bowl to see my first NFL game). I've supported this team all through the years and they have given me ulcers but also some good memories. My 24 year old son got infected by me and he is even a more loyal fan and completely possessed, I truthfully am starting to feel bad about that. My wife and I visited him in NYC today and went to Slattery's Bar (Dolphin's stronghold in Manhattan) to all watch the game together and feel good about our team.

I watched all the Dolphins faithful and observed a bunch of good folks that deserve so much more from this franchise. The play calling on both sides of the ball is just UNWATCHABLE at times. I appreciate commitment to the running game but how may times are you going to run it up the gut when there is NOTHING there? Can you change the call? Shift? Pitch out? Can we give Drake a chance to find a rhythm and give him consistent touches? I have nothing against Gore but why do we hate one of our most explosive players? How is he going to get his game in gear if he never gets the touches?

Our defense? COMPLETELY Gashed. No run stoppers on the front. No finishers on the pass rush. Tackling? Does anybody know how to tackle? Even the often bright spot (our secondary) was awful. Played off the receivers, didn't challenge at all. The brilliant rope a dope strategy is failing. I really expected our Defense to show up.

Gase - you completely suck at play calling (I dare anybody to disagree - he may be good at play design but he has no feel on how to deploy) but if we are to believe you can be a great head coach and leader of a NFL team when you eventually stubbornly (maybe sometime?) concede play-calling to a competent OC I just need to ask one thing. You are in a game where its clear your defense is outmatched, they can't stop the run, can't get to the QB. Do you maybe try to open the offense up a little? Try to win a shootout? Change the approach? No absolutely not. Be the stubborn guy you always are and we can watch the rest of the game play out in slow motion and totally predict the outcome. Made it easy for us to leave in the 3rd quarter to drive 60 mins home up north.

This was a depressing loss at home and now I will be flying to Houston to take clients to the game Thursday night. Dolphins, National TV audience? Ugh I really hope we show up I will report and take pictures.

I understand we are short on talent and know where to look. OL, DL, QB The shopping list is long but now I am really worried that I DO NOT trust the leadership which is totally depressing me. I would not feel bad if I was comfortable with the guy at the helm but he is steadily losing me

I don’t think it’s luck.

In the 70s, we were the toughest team on the planet. Shula made those guys do 4-a-days in the August Miami heat.

And it payed off. They were animals.

These guys seem like China dolls.

I doubt Gase has the players hit in practice. The lack of physicality shows with all of the injuries. I remember even in HS we would do 3 a days in full pads and hitting. College at FSU was the same way. We would practice after breakfast, lunch and dinner out in the heat hitting eachother. Miami has become pussified.

I would blow it up and have a fire sale. FO and coaches would be fired. Tanny, Harris, Parker and maybe a few other traded for picks.

3 years and we aren’t any better.

Charles Harris - you just knew he didn’t have it the moment you saw him play his first game. I know that’s extreme but I recall being so underwhelmed in that there was nothing about his game that stood out. Speed? No. Strength? No. Instincts? No. Intangibles? No. Spin move? Get outta here w that garbage. No. Duriel on the other hand was a player.

Harris was a horrible pick. I doubt any other team was looking at him as a 1st round pick. Maybe a 3rd. **** scheme, should have gotten TJ Watts. I can’t believe there are morons that use scheme as a defense to not getting TJ. Look at how well that scheme and the Harris pick is working out.

Scoring offense:

2018: 21.7 (23rd)
2017: 17.6 (28th)
2016: 22.17 (17th)

I saw a stat today that out of 40 games he has coached we have trailed at the half in 26. That's roughly 70%. Of those 26 games we have won 8

17 straight games without scoring on the opening drive.

We all know how horrid the defense is and point the finger at Burke (deservedly so) but Gase deserves blame to. He is to busy running an inept offense instead of an entire team.

There are some qualities about Gase I like but he needs to rethink his being the OC and calling plays. Be a head coach. Hold his coaches responsible the way he does his players. I'm tired of excuses. He has ignored the QB position, the OL is a sieve and has been for years. His offense is ineffective. He is very inconsistent in game play.

I so dislike the turnover every 3 years but Gase is showing no reason to be held beyond this season. Step up Adam.

Gase doesnt play the percentages in some crucial situations.
He isnt anything special.

Scoring offense:

2018: 21.7 (23rd)
2017: 17.6 (28th)
2016: 22.17 (17th)

I saw a stat today that out of 40 games he has coached we have trailed at the half in 26. That's roughly 70%. Of those 26 games we have won 8

17 straight games without scoring on the opening drive.

We all know how horrid the defense is and point the finger at Burke (deservedly so) but Gase deserves blame to. He is to busy running an inept offense instead of an entire team.

There are some qualities about Gase I like but he needs to rethink his being the OC and calling plays. Be a head coach. Hold his coaches responsible the way he does his players. I'm tired of excuses. He has ignored the QB position, the OL is a sieve and has been for years. His offense is ineffective. He is very inconsistent in game play.

I so dislike the turnover every 3 years but Gase is showing no reason to be held beyond this season. Step up Adam.
Thing is, if he lets go of the play calling what does he do? That was supposed to be his thing - offense. Well, sample size says he sucks at it. He offers nothing beyond the false promise of being some kind of offensive guru. Philbin was supposed to be a “young Don Shula”. Gase is nothing more than a “young Joe Philbin”. **** can this guy at the end of the year. Nothing to see here / time to move on.

Him and this whole entire FO should be fired for thinking we were always set at QB and never drafting one. Just think, we could have had a second year QB waiting in the wings rather than the crap we’ve been served last season and this with cutler and Brock. And yeah, Brock has been servicable, but no future nor hope there.

Harris was a horrible pick. I doubt any other team was looking at him as a 1st round pick. Maybe a 3rd. **** scheme, should have gotten TJ Watts. I can’t believe there are morons that use scheme as a defense to not getting TJ. Look at how well that scheme and the Harris pick is working out.

Agree.

Probably one of the reasons I’ve never hated Tannehill, not that I think he is an elite qb, I just do not think this team can be truly successful unless we have a very good front office...we don’t.

TJ Watt is a perfect example. Pittsburgh is a model franchise. They compete EVERY YEAR.

Do they win the SB every year?

No, nobody does. They almost always pick behind us, but they make those picks count. When they get a diva player asking for more than he’s worth, he’s gone. Funny thing is, we are many times the team chasing that player (Wallace).

I do not see us really being a factor until we get a top tier front office making great personnel decisions.

My opinion, just replacing Tannehill will not accomplish much.

Agree.

Probably one of the reasons I’ve never hated Tannehill, not that I think he is an elite qb, I just do not think this team can be truly successful unless we have a very good front office...we don’t.

TJ Watt is a perfect example. Pittsburgh is a model franchise. They compete EVERY YEAR.

Do they win the SB every year?

No, nobody does. They almost always pick behind us, but they make those picks count. When they get a diva player asking for more than he’s worth, he’s gone. Funny thing is, we are many times the team chasing that player (Wallace).

I do not see us really being a factor until we get a top tier front office making great personnel decisions.

My opinion, just replacing Tannehill will not accomplish much.

Yeah, you are right about replacing Tannehill. Without the supporting cast it won’t do much. Their are still so many needs that I don’t see much hope.

Thing is, if he lets go of the play calling what does he do? That was supposed to be his thing - offense. Well, sample size says he sucks at it. He offers nothing beyond the false promise of being some kind of offensive guru. Philbin was supposed to be a “young Don Shula”. Gase is nothing more than a “young Joe Philbin”. **** can this guy at the end of the year. Nothing to see here / time to move on.
I haven’t reached that point yet. That said, if he continues his focusing on running the offense instead of the team then he can go. I don’t need an OC dressed up as a head coach.

Back
Top Bottom