I think our next quarterback should be........ Tony Banks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think our next quarterback should be........ Tony Banks

Originally posted by DeDolfan

That's sorta like us ain't it? Turn around, hand the ball to Ricky!!

:goof:

Well yeah, I suppose. But Baltimore at least has a good offensive line, which simplifies the gameplan. Miami's gameplan for the QB involves additional wrinkles such as running for your life every other play when defensive linemen are pretty much in the backfield when the ball is snapped.

Originally posted by DolphinzD

Well yeah, I suppose. But Baltimore at least has a good offensive line, which simplifies the gameplan. Miami's gameplan for the QB involves additional wrinkles such as running for your life every other play when defensive linemen are pretty much in the backfield when the ball is snapped.

Ain't that the truth!!:cry: :cry:

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Ain't that the truth!!:cry: :cry:

I should add another stat to the shockingly similar offenses. QBs throw more INTs than TDs. Boller/Redman/Wright: 13 INTs, 7 TDs; Fiedler/Griese: 11 INTs, 10 TDs.

Originally posted by dolfan4good
I posted this on another thread as well.....

You know all this QB talk is pointless until we find out who the new HC is and what type of offense he is going to run. If it is a "west coast" type offense then you need a more mobile QB, etc...

We are not set up for a west coast offense with or without a mobile QB :rolleyes:

I want either Jeff George or Akili Smith!

I won't take no for an answer!!!!!

Mike McMahon is who I would like to see but It isn't going to happen

Originally posted by juniorseau55
Jon Kitna is one of the top quarterbacks this season, I hope that wasn't a joke you know.

It wasn't a joke. I wish Wasnteadt got him instead of Fielder. I have been a Kitna fan for YEARS

Ryan Leaf played for losing franchises but it wasn't his performance that made him who he is in the sports world but it was his whiny attitute.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
Ryan Leaf played for losing franchises but it wasn't his performance that made him who he is in the sports world but it was his whiny attitute.

No, actually it was performance, combined with his whinny attitude that made him one of the biggest busts ever. His career passer rating was a whopping 50.0, which is one of the lowest career QB ratings ever recorded. Just to compare, in Lucas's 6 game strecth here last year where many would agree he played above and beyond horrible, his passer rating was 69.6, almost 20 points HIGHER than Leaf's career passer rating! His peformance as a QB in the NFL was putrid, his abilty to make it worse by his actions was unbelievable.

I didn't point out his performance for a reason my friend. Your attitute will be the cause of your career and your performance will be the effect.

I think you shoud lie down in a dark room. How come when someone plays 1 or 2 good games after a career of infamy, that people want to crown him the next great thing. If you truly believe that Tony Banks is an upgrade over Jay Fiedler then you clearly aren't watching the same games I am.

And to call Banks "THE BEST PURE PASSER IN THE GAME" is ludicrous. Best pure passers don't warm benches. If you want to see the best pure passer in the game, then stick a NY Giants game on and watch Kerry Collins.

Back
Top Bottom