I think Todd Perry could find himself out of a job... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think Todd Perry could find himself out of a job...

how many O-lineman do we usually carry? i see somebody mentioned 8.....that seems like an awful small number. We would lose at least one player who no one expects to lose if we only kept 8 ..........Dixon, Nails, Ruddy, Perry, Wade, McKinney, W.Smith, Whitley,and Jerman.....who gets left out?

The problem last year was that we didn't have any other lineman worth a damn. Wasn't worth keeping nine for the sake of having an extra body. This year we'll keep nine. Barring injuries and unforseen play, it'll be Dixon, Nails, Ruddy, Perry, Wade, McKinney, Jerman, Smith, Whitley.

Injury to the O-Line cost us big time the last few years and we seems to have better depth than ever at the position right now but they're all rookies.

Considering that Nails had a season ending injury last year and that Dixon is injury prone, I don't see them cutting any guys out there. Perry being replaced could happen sooner than later but we won't cut anyone unless we really need the money.

Perry may be gone next year but I think he is pretty safe this year. Whitley will not be ready to take his job this year and I think McKinney will supplant Ruddy next year.

I too liked the Whitley pick a LOT when I read about him but until we get pads on him and see him play, we should wait a bit on him. Remember, we drafted Brent Smith in round 3 too and that didn't exactly work out well for us.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Um...yeah. We're going yo take an O-line with no veteran depth, and cut one of our best veterans off it? Heck, we might cut Jay Fiedler and start Sage too, but I wouldn't bet .20 cents on it.

Duh hence why I said the Oline of the future. I'm not talking about this year since it's obvious we are probably not going to shake things up along the line.

Agreed, I think Perry is pretty much a lock this year. If the reports about him refusing to restructure are true, I imagine he figures that this is his last year also.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Duh hence why I said the Oline of the future. I'm not talking about this year since it's obvious we are probably not going to shake things up along the line.

Dial it back VanD...I was replying to the post. The person who posted this thread was talking about THIS year, and thus my response. Sheesh man, not EVERYTHING is about YOU you know!!;)

Back
Top Bottom