I think Wannstead is getting tough on those who aren't producing and it sounds good. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think Wannstead is getting tough on those who aren't producing and it sounds good.

finheavenfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think he has made his voice heard and you better hope that these two guys will start playing better.

If Greenwood plays bad, he'll be demoted to backup. If Chambers plays bad, he'll be demoted to the #2 WR and they'll bring in someone like Darrell Jackson next year to be the #1. NOW IF FLETCHER PLAYS BAD.. peace out!

But how are we so sure Wanny will be here next year to be able to demote/promote players?

That's my question.. Will he be here next year if we don't reach the next level?

I think WANNY is the guy who needs to step HIS GAME(coaching) up or else HE is out of here..

Just my point of view..

We won't sign Darrell Jackson or any other WR next year for one reason...we won't have the money to do it! We may draft a WR in the first round next year if either Thompson or Chambers struggle, but Chambers will be the #1 WR for a while, if he does well or not, just for the simple reason that there is no one else for the job, and we don't and won't have the money to sign someone for it. However, I have confidence in Chris, and he will deliver!

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
However, I have confidence in Chris, and he will deliver!

Well, for me to have this name as my username and screen name, you know I'm with you. I hate when people talk bad about Chambers. He is gonna breakout this year. I'm just saying, say for some VERY ODD reason he played TERRIBLE.. then you never know.

But I can't see him catching under 75 passes this year..

I imagine it is very possible for Chambers to not catch 75 this season. In fact, I would be extremely happy if we did get 75 out of him. Not that he isn't capable, just that he is going to be doubled a lot and things of that nature.

Chambers to get 75 would be difficult, seeing as we do not pass much and that our running game rules now and that we have 4 wideouts to spread out those passes. I think if he has a breakout season 70 ctaches 1058 yards 8 TDs. Thats IF.

we're a running team so I don't see anyone catching more than 60 cathes this year. If anyone does then that's great. But we don't need that to win. What we need is to stay healthy and we'll be fine.

One thing is for sure: if we miss the playoffs again this year, Wanny is gone. What is with this new attitude? If he were a good coach, he would have cracked the whip last season.

Originally posted by finheavenfan
I think he has made his voice heard and you better hope that these two guys will start playing better.

Wannstedt has NO choice !!! He knows that he has to improve this team dramaticallly or clean out his desk .....:eek: Marino1983

Wannstedt already said we are gonna pass more. Before Chambers got the HUGE CONCUSSION.. he was on pace for 74 catches.

So why on earth would you say you don't think anyone would catch more than 60 catches, Danny? :confused:

Before Chambers was hurt he had 6 catches in BOTH of his last 2 games an Wanny had said that they want to get Chambers the ball ATLEAST 5 times a game.

Ricky can get over 1500 yards rushing with Chambers catching 5 a game.

What's 5x16? 80..

Last edited by a moderator:
dude, take it easy. I'm a big fan of CC but regarless of what you read or hear, we'll be running the ball a lot more than we'll be trowing it. And when we do trow it, it'll be to CC, konrad, thompson Randy and hopefully Tolver. It won't just be to CC. Do I think he can catch 75 passes? I think he can do that and more, just not in this offence. One more thing. If he catches that many passes it could mean that we're behind in games and that'd not be a good thing.

I hope that explain my thinking to you. Is not a slap on CC at all, is the offence that we'll run.

Originally posted by Danny
dude, take it easy. I'm a big fan of CC but regarless of what you read or hear, we'll be running the ball a lot more than we'll be trowing it. And when we do trow it, it'll be to CC, konrad, thompson Randy and hopefully Tolver. It won't just be to CC. Do I think he can catch 75 passes? I think he can do that and more, just not in this offence. One more thing. If he catches that many passes it could mean that we're behind in games and that'd not be a good thing.

I hope that explain my thinking to you. Is not a slap on CC at all, is the offence that we'll run.

I'm not saying you're slapping CC. And I'm not saying we're gonna run/pass the same. I'm saying WE WILL throw the football more than last year. You didn't mention McKnight. Chris Chambers CAN CATCH more than 70 passes in THIS OFFENSE..

What, you think Ricky is gonna get 1800 again? No way..

If the talent in the next draft at quarterback fits our need that would be our main priority. Our franchise needs to head into a different direction in the first place. Jay Fiedler days will likely be over as a starting quarterback in the league if he fails to do anything or get hurt again. No other team will have Jay Fiedler starting, specially since most teams now a days have a more dependable quarterback or a young guy waiting to get his chance. Under Jay Fiedler Chris Chambers won't have his best seasons. He is a deep threat not a short route threat or a great posession receiver. He stil has things to work on a lot and Miami needs to fix their problems before the season starts. We need a backup quarterback, I don't trust Jay Fiedler into being healthy.

Back
Top Bottom