I think Wannstead is getting tough on those who aren't producing and it sounds good. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think Wannstead is getting tough on those who aren't producing and it sounds good.

just curious do you guys think IF wanny would get fired would norv had a chance to move up to HC ? when he was HC in washington did he call the plays as well ?

Originally posted by Al13
just curious do you guys think IF wanny would get fired would norv had a chance to move up to HC ? when he was HC in washington did he call the plays as well ?

I'd like to hope not. Our head coach of the future was at the draft..

DENNIS GREEN! :D

That's right, The assistant Head Coach would get the Head Coaching job. Norv turner has coached for the Redskins but like wannstead, General Manager problems started happening and they ended up getting fired. Norv Turner actually posted Redskins last succesful season and so has Dave Wannstead with the bears(last playoff game by the bears was won by Dave Wannstead as a Head Coach).

WELL NORV TURNER ALSO FEELS THE SAME WAY AS ME..

"I'd love to see us have a guy rush for 1,500, 1,600, 1,700 or 1,800 yards," Turner said on the eve of the first minicamp. "I think we can have a couple of 1,000-yard receivers. And I think we can have a tight end that catches 50 balls."

Norv Turner, Sun-Sentinel..

I'd rather be a running team than a passing team because I'd rather feature Rickey than Jay, it's a no brainer. I've been a big fans of Jays ever since he got here and he's let me down alot. The guy misses wide open recievers, flutters the ball on crossing patterns(putting our recievers in a dangerous position,ask CC why he got clocked last year, he can't hit the deep pass( after 80% of his long passes the announcer is saying, wow, I'll bet he'd like that one back.) Under pressure he will make alot of bad decisions, sometimes major bonehead decisions that cause turnovers. If we're going to FEATURE the passing game or even go at a 50/50 rate we must upgrade the Quarterback. I'm one of the biggest supporters in getting Griese here. Bottom line: I think he can do better. Defenses will be forced to respect the long ball and all of a sudden the box won't be so crowded. Then we come with play action and Rickey eats the other team alive. McMichael will thrive with the precision of Griese and the long ball will finally get to CC without him having to make circus catches every time. Grieses' career will be reborn in Miami. Junior Seau is here, this is our year. I was at practice yesterday and you could feel a whole new excitement in the stands, People are pumped. We're not done though, we still need Knight, we still have to get Griese here and one more playmaker at wide reciever. By the way, up close, Timbo and Larry Chester are MAMMOTH!!!!!

I think some of you guys have Griese highly overrated. If he was all that, Denver surely wouldn't be eating millions in cap space to run him out of town. He's better than Lucas, and that's why we need him here, but he's no real threat to Fiedler's job, not this season anyways.

Back
Top Bottom