I want a honest answer... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I want a honest answer...

phinfan27

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Do you really see us going through from mid-November and all of December and coming out strong, ready for the playoffs? Especially after looking at that schedule?

Depends on the play of the O-Line and if Wanny has the balls to keep Griese in.

I just don't see it. We use to be able to win those games at home at the end. ( At least the majority of them) and we are now 0-3 at home when it comes to the end. We show no heart at all, which is what everything boils down to. Heart is something you either have as a team or you don't. The New England Patriots have heart, Tampa did last season, the Florida Marlins did this season, etc etc. It is obvious we don't.

With this O-line, I don't see us going far in the playoffs if we get there. I believe we lose to the Titans in Tennessee this week. However, we can very well beat the Ravens, Redskins and Cowboys. That would put us at 8-4 going into December (and the hype on this board will be overwhelming once again). If we spilt the 4 games we would then be 10-6 and possibly a playoff team. I don't want to be negative but I think that's the BEST this team with this extremely poor Oline will do.

I don't see it for the following reasons:

1) The OL isn't 'nails-tough.' It's not a down and dirty, kick your teeth in line. If they can't do it at home in the hot weather against cold weather teams, they aren't going to do it in Buffalo or New England. They are soft.

2) Wanny doesn't have that toughness that Shula did. We used to win in December because Shula had a strong mental attitude instilled in the players. A tough as nails, we are going to win no matter the situation. And, most of the time he did it.

3) Our D is not designed to shut people down. They have good players and make some great plays - but they will not stop Tom Brady in New England. That means the best we can do is a wild card - which means no SB and DW is gone next year.

I will root for this team all the way in every game. But, the reality is, they have weaknesses at the top (coaching) and in the foundation (the OL) that won't get it done.

I'm going to say yes, because were looking at trying to fix some of the line now. Griese will start to be even more comfortable with offense. But as we now its the line that needs to be fixed.

Our O line isn't all of a sudden going to be good, and we aren't all of a sudden goingto start "caring".

As bleak as things look at the moment, there actually was a silver lining to the Patriots' win last night, because it put Denver behind Miami in the Wild Card chase. Seeing as how the Dolphins will almost certainly have to win at New England in December to have any shot at winning the division, I'm afraid I'm pretty much focusing on a Wild Card spot. And if the team loses to Tennessee, then it's pretty much going to be a fight for one spot (since Tennessee and Indy both have such good records).

You are a good team but just not Play-off material.

I mean that with all due respect :)

The last 4 SB representatives from the AFC were either 4-4 or 5-4 before they pulled it all together. He// Oakland lost the whole month of October last year.

Tampa's o-line was horrible at the start of last season, they got it together. And don't say ,"but they have Gruden"....i didn't see Oakland going to any SBs with Gruden and the bucs don't look like world beaters this year either. they came together because they started playing better, nothing more....We can do that too.

Our losses are by a combined total of 13 points. We have played badly and still been in every game with a chance to win. All it will take is one extra play going our way and that could be all the difference we need.

Our road record is spotless. If we continue that trend.....Who is going to be afraid of a few wild card games on the road?

Zgonina said on the radio today, that the defense is taking it upon themselves to carry us to the show. He said they KNOW that THEY are the heart of the team and they SHOULD be responsible for getting things done right. He compared them to the Raven's D and said if they can do it, so can we.

We'll see, but I definately can see it happening....of course.;)

inFINSible might be the best poster here... i agree 100%

Back
Top Bottom