I want a honest answer... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I want a honest answer...

It's all on the players here. If they raise the level of their play, this team could see 13-3 or 12-4. On the other hand, the team could give up Redskin style, leading us to a very painful 5-11.

It is important that we believe in the team, but it's far more important that the guys believe in themselves. If they do, this team can take it all the way.

i think if the coahes can figure a way to slow the leak at LT, then it is just a matter of schemes to keep griese on his feet long enough to make a few plays. if. if. if.

if that one thing can happen then i think this offense has a chance to win those "colts" games. regardles of what people are saying, i think miami lost that game instead of the colts taking it. some want to say not as close as the score, that's fine. but if the O was able to have just two long drives then i think this team wins. the weakness at LT gave that game to indy.

Is anybody else curious to know how Rob Burnett would compare this year's Dolphins to the 2000 Ravens? I know I would be very interested to know.

Originally posted by phinfan34
Do you really see us going through from mid-November and all of December and coming out strong, ready for the playoffs? Especially after looking at that schedule?

No..and no !!:cry: :cry:

Originally posted by i2panzer
inFINSible might be the best poster here... i agree 100%

No no no....not even close, but thanks for the compliment.:o

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
nope

I don't see it happening either. I've been a die-hard dolfan for years, but I can still be objective. We can't get far with a piss poor O line and no 2nd receiver. Those are the 2 major holes in our team.

Originally posted by Jimmy James
It's all on the players here. If they raise the level of their play, this team could see 13-3 or 12-4. On the other hand, the team could give up Redskin style, leading us to a very painful 5-11.

It is important that we believe in the team, but it's far more important that the guys believe in themselves. If they do, this team can take it all the way.

I think the D definately believes in each other. You should have heard Zgonina raving about Buckley's INT at the end of the game....He said that T-Buck is sooo smart and KNEW Manning's tendencies so well that he totally baited him into throwing that pass by pretending to cover his own man and dropping off right before the throw. He said THAT is the kind of players we have on this defense....veteran, savvy players who will make the plays when they need to be made. He said that they remind him of the SB defense that they had in St.Louis a few years ago.:D

everybody knows that it's who is playing their best football in week 9. it's over...

"inFINSible" makes several excellent points in this thread. IMO this team is half way home (defense), and has some players with the right attitude on offense (McMichael). If this offense can find some things to hang it's hat on in the second half of the season, a playoff run is definitely not out of the question. Griese should improve as his timing with the receivers gets better. This opens up things for Ricky, and makes it easier on our O-line to run block. I'm not saying this will be a dominant offense, but we don't need them to be. I think it's possible that they become "good enough".

Do you really see us going through from mid-November and all of December and coming out strong, ready for the playoffs? Especially after looking at that schedule?

Never give up! Never! Never! Never! Never!

In that light... Mid-November, December, the schedule?...Bring it on. I can't expect failure.

i can see us at 10-6. Like someone said before, 3 bonehead plays leave us at 5-3. and i dont think beating the bills in buffalo will be as hard as once thought. I think we can beat tennessee becuase tennesee is one dimensional. we beat them, i see 10-6. doesnt hide the faults of this team though. and for all you hosers out there who want all these great WR's and such, just suck it up and think Olinemen!

Unless the coaches have a magic wand and tell the O-Line , OK guys the season is half over it's time to step it up and start playing like you no what the heck you're doing out there. If the ability isn't there to get the job done, then this season is over now! I hope not. Time will tell.

This cracks me up

I don't see it happening either. I've been a die-hard dolfan for years, but I can still be objective

Objective does not equal pessimistic.:rolleyes:

5-3, 2-1 division, 2nd in division AFTER WEEK 9 of a 16 week season. Without looking, I am guessing we are in far better position for the playoffs than the majority of other AFC teams.

A little trivia re: parity learned while watching pregame for Colts Phins. It was the only game on the schedule with two teams with winning records.

Of course we are going to the playoffs and, as far as I am concerned, we will win the SB.

That is my honest belief. I also honestly believe that if it doesn't happen this year, it will happen next year, or the next, or the next, or the next.

AHH to be a delusional fan. It is the only way to be. It makes every year THE YEAR.

Texphinphan
(also an Astros fan, see the connection)

What I see is having to beat the Titans, Ravens, Patriots, Bills, and Jets to make the playoffs... Lose any of those games and it's likely we don't get a sniff of the post season...

We can finish 10-6 and make it... But finish 9-7 and we're probably gonna be at home...

Back
Top Bottom