I was on the Texans site...

Originally posted by BigFinFan
Too many factors for the Texans to win.

1. Our opening day record
2. Our home record
3. Ricky Williams
4. Our "D"

:jetssuck:

Which leads to over confidence and let downs..There's always the possibility, just like Dallas thought they would be 1-0 on opening day, and their whole season went down the drain afterwards.

Originally posted by billsouth
well we swept you.... but u choked and didnt make the playoffs.

isnt that all that matters... how bad we kicked your @$$ last year?

If you're gonna talk smack bring it to the smack board, that's where all the Bills fans that only care about beating the fins post.

So what you're saying is if the Bills beat the Fins twice and go 2-14 it's great because you beat the fins twice and that's all that matters.

hey CW you got some great help here!
:lol:

Originally posted by Hellion

If you're gonna talk smack bring it to the smack board, that's where all the Bills fans that only care about beating the fins post.

So what you're saying is if the Bills beat the Fins twice and go 2-14 it's great because you beat the fins twice and that's all that matters.

hey CW you got some great help here!
:lol:
who?...what?...where?:rolleyes:

i only have a few things to say here:

1) texans will be wearing their dark blue jerseys in 90 degree heat and humidity.
2) TExans will be playing the dolphin defense in miami. no way no how that texas even puts up 14 points.
3) Texans LT spot is disasterous and Jason Taylor will ruin there day so fast and so quick with junior seau making plays and tempting the crowd to fury.
4) there wont be a plane fast enough to get them home before they all get sick.

Last year I watched the Texans beat the Steelers even though the Steelers had almost 10 times more yards then they had. The texans winning next sunday is not impossible. It is just very improbable.

I don't think the heat and humidity will be as much of a factor for the texans as it is for most of our opponents early in the season. The summer weather in Texas is just as hot and humid as it is in Florida.

Yes, the dark jereseys will be a negative for them, but it won't be nearly the advantage we had against the Raiders when they were melting late in the game because they were used to California weather.

But the Texans play in a dome and practice in a $3 million bubble. They'll be hurting when they come to South Florida.

I remember that too DDP. I looked back......TOTAL YARDS: Steelers 422 Texans 47.

But Houston returned 2 INTs and 1 fumble for TDs.

Any given Sunday.......

i kno all this "any given sunday" stuff, but theres no way houston pulls this off. Our team is gonna b jacked for opening day, we're way too talented anyways and the Texans r gonna broil alive in those dark jerseys. This time of yr in FL is REAAAAAALY hot! lol

Originally posted by grooves12
I don't think the heat and humidity will be as much of a factor for the texans as it is for most of our opponents early in the season. The summer weather in Texas is just as hot and humid as it is in Florida.

Yes, the dark jereseys will be a negative for them, but it won't be nearly the advantage we had against the Raiders when they were melting late in the game because they were used to California weather.

not the same. i have lived in san antonio and ft lauderdale. texas heat can get hotter, but is much much drier heat. you feel the difference when you get off the plane. you could be right though, they might handle the heat better than some other teams, but you heard it from seau himself, it is different in south florida. those dark jerseys will be all wet by the second quarter. i think they lost their DT to injry didnt they? they run a 3-4. gary walker i believe, i could be wrong on injury though. i thought i read something or saw them on TV 2 weeks ago and he was hurt and helped off the field.

Yes their starting DT isn't sure of playing right now and their center wasn't a couple of weeks ago but I don't have recent news about him...

Their two centerpiece on OL and DL could be missing. RW will run over their 3-4 without a good DT and the only very good player on their OL could be missing the game. They won't run agains't us and they could see a lot of blitz.

I don't see any harm in Texan fans being optimistic about their teams potential. Remember, Carolina was a playoff team in its second season, and IMHO, Houston have more talent than the Panthers did.

Which is more far fetched...:-

>Texan fans predicting single TD wins over Miami

>Some Phinphans predicting an undefeated season after just a few games (as happened last year).

It remains highly unlikely that the Texans will win this game, but in the NFL anything can happen. Houston has a lot of firepower, and some defensive play makers. Put it this way, if the Phins have a turnover ratio of -3 the Texans plus three...ten who is your money on??

This Phins team is something to really get excited about. However, lets remember that in todays NFL, there are no easy wins.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Which leads to over confidence and let downs..There's always the possibility, just like Dallas thought they would be 1-0 on opening day, and their whole season went down the drain afterwards.

I don't think overconfidence is a problem. It hasn't been a problem in the past either. Look at last year's opener against Detroit.

We usually beat the teams we were supposed to beat at home (unless you have a diaper boy QBing your offense). Look at our home scores last year. We scored an average of 30 points or sumthing like that and we allwed some 14 points.

No, this team will be ready.

a) Norv's O will be lethal this year
b) our D got even stronger
c) the heat and humidity
d) fans are freaky this year (we sold close to 60,000 season tix)
e) we are back with a vengeance

Houston will be lucky to keep our scoring under 40 and score more than 3 FGs themselves.

Back
Top Bottom