I was wrong. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I was wrong.

Originally posted by fin-atic
I want to acknowledge, publicly, that I was wrong.

A couple of months ago I slammed the Dolphin front office for making no moves during the free agency period. I was very vocal about their lack of action and the inability to secure some big talent that went by them.

Many of the fans on this forum insisted, wait until June it is still early.

Well we are in June and you were right, I was wrong. They have secured some great talent and we are a better team.

I still think we are vulnerab le on the offensive line, but overall I give them a grade of B.

I can't wait until kickoff!

Many others did too, but it is okay we aren't all right all the time. I know i phrased that wrong but you catch my drift. :goof:

Takes a lot of guts to apologize publicly for being wrong. I think he's probably doing it not cuz he was just wrong all of us have been wrong no need to apologize publicly, but rather because things got ugly around here between fin-atic/blitzkrieg and some of the others around here myself included who kept saying wait until June/July see what we've done by then. I mean obviously fin-atic could have been right or wrong at that point in the prediction thats true. I just hope that next time there won't be a huge big fight over it like there was before cuz it resulted in some ugly name-calling (Dolphin Commandos and etc).

I prefer everyone to just take a step back and enjoy the prospects of our team cuz they look good.

Recently Sporting News said somethin about Derrius Thompson like "Thompson runs crisp routes, Gadsden does not, and he makes the tough catches in traffic, a Gadsden specialty"

I liked it. :)

And CK, the sporting news was right, this kid really impressed me last year, especially since everyone knows Steve S. kept changing QB's and receivers every other game, but this kid kept sticking around...until coles was coming, believe me, we got a player..and it's kool with the apologies, I had to suck it up over Henry with CK last year, even though I think we both won the argument.:D

Ck is right on the money. It isn't that I am ashamed of my position. I had a valid argument at the time.

But the discussion got real intense. I vowed if I was wrong that I would come back and apologize. Which I have done. I am a man of my word.

I am more than okay with that. For those who don't understand, these forums are a place to reveal and debate your opinion about subjects. However, be prepared to be met with some strong opposition who are equally vocal. Inevitably, the discussions will reach a stand off. Also they can get a little personal.

When I believe I am right I will stand up and fight the good fight. For the same token, when I am wrong, I can humble myslef and apologize.

Either way I win. Because when I am wrong in this case , it means the Fins are getting better!!

Sorry if some don't agree with the "B" grade. But I still feel we have not resolved anything on the O line, which was one of the biggest needs we had.

But just my opinion...unless you want to argue it!:) :)

-Fin-atic

I want to acknowledge, publicly, that I was wrong.

A couple of months ago I slammed the Dolphin front office for making no moves during the free agency period. I was very vocal about their lack of action and the inability to secure some big talent that went by them.

Many of the fans on this forum insisted, wait until June it is still early.

Well we are in June and you were right, I was wrong. They have secured some great talent and we are a better team.

I still think we are vulnerab le on the offensive line, but overall I give them a grade of B.

I can't wait until kickoff!

:lol: Your sins are forgiven my son :lol:

Ck is right on the money. It isn't that I am ashamed of my position. I had a valid argument at the time.

But the discussion got real intense. I vowed if I was wrong that I would come back and apologize. Which I have done. I am a man of my word.

I am more than okay with that. For those who don't understand, these forums are a place to reveal and debate your opinion about subjects. However, be prepared to be met with some strong opposition who are equally vocal. Inevitably, the discussions will reach a stand off. Also they can get a little personal.

When I believe I am right I will stand up and fight the good fight. For the same token, when I am wrong, I can humble myslef and apologize.

Either way I win. Because when I am wrong in this case , it means the Fins are getting better!!

Sorry if some don't agree with the "B" grade. But I still feel we have not resolved anything on the O line, which was one of the biggest needs we had.

But just my opinion...unless you want to argue it!:) :)

-Fin-atic

A B is a fair grade. We didn't get the LT we needed. If Dixon gets hurt we may have problems there.

Doesn't everyone have a problem if their LT gets hurt? I personally like the players we got in the draft at O.L. My opinion.

Fin-atic, nice to see you stand up and do the right thing. I for one REMEMBER all the arguments we had, and it's refreshing to see someone admit they were wrong. Now if we can just get you to do this one more time at the end of the season, with Jay holding up the Lombardi Trophy...we'll all be happy. ;) :D

Fin ... I remember those dog days well, and I have to hand it to you for stepping up. I, too, would give the Dolphins a solid B, as I am nervous (a bit) about the O-line.

Although, I would say even on that point we were close to filling a hole with the tackle whom we (rightly) voided the trade on due to injury. So we even tried there.

I look forward to more spirited and intelligent discussion with you. Go Phins!

Well, like someone said, free agency can go either ways sometimes and nothing's for sure. Well, actually one thing is for sure. Ozzy rules and I'd think that everyopne here agrees with me....lol

:drool:......Dolphan87, you're killing me with that sig.....I used to have a bad-ass '69 mach1 when I was in HS....I had to sell it before I wanted to and I swear I dreamed about driving that car for 15 years afterwards.....The one I had was a beast.....Borg-Warner 4speed......302 w/351 heads.....big Holley 850 double pump......cherry bombs coming straight off the headers and ending right there.......Big giant 50s on the back with traction bars.....

Sorry for going off topic but, that just brought back some memories.....that car actually scared the crap out of me a few times...I miss it...:(

It handles alot better than that Mustang but, it's not nearly as fast.;)

BTW, fin-atic, classy move! I gotta remember to do that if I'm ever wrong. :nana: ;)

Well D, I will have to tell you about my 70 Mach I am building sometime. Has those wheels, is close to that color...and is 536HP, with a 5 speed, and four wheel disc brakes.

When it comes back from the paint shop, I'll post a pic or two. ;)

69 is still my favorite year though.

Back
Top Bottom