I was wrong. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I was wrong.

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
I've seen enough.

It really doesn't matter what happens from here on out, I'm convinced that at some point this season is going to end far short of the Super Bowl.

It's time to lay down my sword and call it a done deal. I've been one of the staunchest supporters of a faulty regime. But, even I can't comprehend where we are going to find the ability to be anything more than good. I just don't think the talent is there and I don't think that the coaching staff has the ability to get these guys to play over their heads.

It's too bad. Because they put together a team of professional players that is unmatched in terms of blue collar dedication. We have a bunch of players who are outstanding human beings.

The coaching staff also is made up of quality people.

Too bad the talent could never match the desire.

In both cases.

I know the playoffs are still a possibility, and of course I'll be passionately rooting for this team until the end but, I also now truly believe that the end will be a bitter one once again.

I've got no hard feelings toward this team. I enjoyed watching them try and would have been ecstatic if they had pulled it all together. They always somehow gave me hope, however fleeting, and that is better than most teams give their fans.

It's just that now, I know, it's time for change.

And it's the anticipation of that change, that gives me hope again.
:)

Originally posted by inFINSible
I've seen enough.

It really doesn't matter what happens from here on out, I'm convinced that at some point this season is going to end far short of the Super Bowl.

It's time to lay down my sword and call it a done deal. I've been one of the staunchest supporters of a faulty regime. But, even I can't comprehend where we are going to find the ability to be anything more than good. I just don't think the talent is there and I don't think that the coaching staff has the ability to get these guys to play over their heads.

It's too bad. Because they put together a team of professional players that is unmatched in terms of blue collar dedication. We have a bunch of players who are outstanding human beings.

The coaching staff also is made up of quality people.

Too bad the talent could never match the desire.

In both cases.

I know the playoffs are still a possibility, and of course I'll be passionately rooting for this team until the end but, I also now truly believe that the end will be a bitter one once again.

I've got no hard feelings toward this team. I enjoyed watching them try and would have been ecstatic if they had pulled it all together. They always somehow gave me hope, however fleeting, and that is better than most teams give their fans.

It's just that now, I know, it's time for change.

And it's the anticipation of that change, that gives me hope again.
:)

Bro, that was a great post. It's exactly how I feel. I'll root for my beloved 'phins until the bitter end. But, I've got a lot of hope with an upcoming change of the guard of our coaching staff. I wish Wanny the best as a DC or college coach.

Re: Re: I was wrong.

Originally posted by phinsphan4ever

Bro, that was a great post. It's exactly how I feel. I'll root for my beloved 'phins until the bitter end. But, I've got a lot of hope with an upcoming change of the guard of our coaching staff. I wish Wanny the best as a DC or college coach.

Damn....that hokie song in your sig 'bout brought a tear to my eye.....:(

Thanks....it was probably the toughest one I've ever written.

I know how you feel bro'...I've felt the same way the end of the last three seasons. The last time I ended a season hopeful was 2000, when it seemed like we just needed a bit more depth and a bit more luck to get to the SB. Since then, it's just been downhill.

I felt the same way at the end of the last 6 seasons but somehow some way, they always entice that hope again before the next season starts.

Well, I said it last year but, I mean it this year, I won't get fooled again. There needs to be some major changes before I buy into the hype again.

They aren't gonna put lipstick on a pig and tell me it's Pamela Lee.

They are going to have to do breast augmentation and tons of lypo on that pig before I'll kiss it again.

Last edited:
Look on the bright side, you have the rest of the season to see where the pieces fall and pick the best coach available. I wouldn't be surprised to see Miami go after one of the Pats coordinators. Last yr. when we beat you guys in the last game of the season, I didn't want to make the playoffs cause the Pats were playing so poorly, and I wanted to avoid seeing the kind of embarrasment the Colts went through against the Jets. Sometimes I think its more merciful to know ahead of time that you are done.
It scares me to see the Pats getting a leg up on the league so early. 3 games left and anything can happen!
Good luck the rest of the way.:cool:

Originally posted by Crennelichick
Look on the bright side, you have the rest of the season to see where the pieces fall and pick the best coach available. I wouldn't be surprised to see Miami go after one of the Pats coordinators. Last yr. when we beat you guys in the last game of the season, I didn't want to make the playoffs cause the Pats were playing so poorly, and I wanted to avoid seeing the kind of embarrasment the Colts went through against the Jets. Sometimes I think its more merciful to know ahead of time that you are done.
It scares me to see the Pats getting a leg up on the league so early. 3 games left and anything can happen!
Good luck the rest of the way.:cool:

Interesting that you should be the one saying this because that first coach in your name would be my first choice.;)

Originally posted by inFINSible

Interesting that you should be the one saying this because that first coach in your name would be my first choice.;)

WOOP

WOOP

Patriot fans, man your battle stations!!!!

:eek: :mad: ;) :D

Good post infins...sad, but true. Wanny's a nice guy and all, but he's not good enough as a HC--as a coordinator, yes. I'm still holding out hope too(foolishly). As the Cubs fans say, "till next year"..or some **** like that

It's kind of tough to swallow this waste of a season. The Fins have so much talent that is going to waste.

Back
Top Bottom