I was wrong. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I was wrong.

Originally posted by inFINSible

Interesting that you should be the one saying this because that first coach in your name would be my first choice.;)

He will definately attract alot of attention in the off season. I hope to hell he hangs aroung for the Pats to collect a few more rings, but the business of the NFL speaks louder than winning with one franchise these days. See Lawyer Milloy! :cool:

Re: Re: Re: I was wrong.

Damn....that hokie song in your sig 'bout brought a tear to my eye.....:(

Bro, I'm a 'phins fan for life. My dad put it in me when I was young. My dad had me watching Dolphin games from day one and I fell in love not only with the 'phins, but the game of FOOTBALL.

usually I would come here after a loss

and try to look at the bright side, or at least be somewhat positive, but I hear you Infins, I've conceeded this year is over. I still have some hope left because it's impossible not to, however, it's become evident that with the ever changing NFL and the parity that Free agnecy brings, the only true and permament difference in making a team a true competitor is Coaching and the front office.

When you're GM/president can make your draft picks gems, and have the presence of mind to pick for the imediate future and your coaching can turn a second/third string qb into a star.... It's no coincidence, it's coaching.

If you think that Philly went to the NFC Championship last year because their 3rd string qb is better than most starting qb's than you're mistaken. And isn't it ironic how the two teams that lead the conferences has had the most adversity, in terms of injuries, and questionable personnel moves (which leads to lockeroom issues). Yes they had some luck or had some bad calls go their way, but the bottom line is the coaching has kept them in close games and given them oppurtunities to win, despite the personell issues and injuries.

So I don't want to hear how wanny doesn't tackle or he isn't out their missing assignments, or droping passes, becasue that's obvious he isn't, but it's also obvious that he and his staff sans Bates, is not making the necessary in game adjustments or statement personell moves to motivate the players, or whatever to give this team a winning edge.

This is coming from a staunch Wanny and Fiedler supporter.

What's ironic, if you put wanny on someones coaching staff as a defensive coordinator, you can garauntee a very good defense and I'm willing to bet, if you put Feidler with a good coach like a Gruden or Belicheck in a west coast type offense, I'm certain he would be a perenial pro-bowler. You put Wanny and JF together and you get mediocrity....

that's sad. here's to a long offseason.

one other thing

I will be thoroughly pissed if WH goes out a get some w@nker as a head coach next year, like a Jim Fassel type. We need a difference maker, a mover and shaker, and someone with the presence of mind to surround themselves with good assistant coaching and not so much involved with nepotism (putting their friends/family on)...or someone who can't take advice from his asst. when things aren't working or can take charge over his asst when things arent working.

I suppose this thread represents the way most of us around here feel. It's just sad that it had to come to this however, I think most of us have known somewhere deep down, that this season wasn't going anywhere anyway. I say the Dolphins adopt an offical tag line: "There's always next year." :cry:

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Good post infins...sad, but true. Wanny's a nice guy and all, but he's not good enough as a HC--as a coordinator, yes. I'm still holding out hope too(foolishly). As the Cubs fans say, "till next year"..or some **** like that

See thats the thing, the Marlins won the world series, its just not going to happen. Miami won't get two championships in back to back sports seasons, it just never happens. It may sound outrageous, but just think about the odds...
By the way, I owe you So. Florida guys a thank you, I'm a White Sox fan.
:drinkers:

Originally posted by Expo88
I suppose this thread represents the way most of us around here feel. It's just sad that it had to come to this however, I think most of us have known somewhere deep down, that this season wasn't going anywhere anyway. I say the Dolphins adopt an offical tag line: "There's always next year." :cry:

Dido Expo, I've had that feeling for most of the season until thanksgiving, but even then I felt that the team need to prove something.
Im sure some raw raw over optimistic fan will try and cheer everyone up, and I'd love to see a wildcard/superbowl but I just don't see it happening folks.

Nice post InFins.

Re: Re: Re: Re: I was wrong.

Originally posted by phinsphan4ever

Bro, I'm a 'phins fan for life. My dad put it in me when I was young. My dad had me watching Dolphin games from day one and I fell in love not only with the 'phins, but the game of FOOTBALL.

The Fins ARE football to me. I rarely watch any other games.

That song has been with me as long as I can remember. When i was a little tyke living in Miami, I always heard that song on the radio. It was real popular then. That was back when it meant what it said.

I will always hope that one day, it will mean something again.

Re: one other thing

Originally posted by rhadaddy
I will be thoroughly pissed if WH goes out a get some w@nker as a head coach next year, like a Jim Fassel type. We need a difference maker, a mover and shaker, and someone with the presence of mind to surround themselves with good assistant coaching and not so much involved with nepotism (putting their friends/family on)...or someone who can't take advice from his asst. when things aren't working or can take charge over his asst when things arent working.

great previous post rhadaddy but this one I choose to comment on specifically because I'm right there with you. If we get some retread, use-to-be somebody, I'll throw a fit from day one.:mad:

Originally posted by Expo88

Originally posted by Hellion

Dido Expo, I've had that feeling for most of the season until thanksgiving, but even then I felt that the team need to prove something.
Im sure some raw raw over optimistic fan will try and cheer everyone up, and I'd love to see a wildcard/superbowl but I just don't see it happening folks.

Nice post InFins.

I don't know if I knew it or not, maybe it was there and I blocked it out but, I knew one thing, the New England game was going to tell the tale.

All season long I've been saying "wait, wait, they can still get this thing together"....well, they got it together for 5 quarters and they had the 10 day lay off to get in top shape mentally and physically. They talked a great game going in. They said all the right things and they focussed on the task at at hand. They admitted this was big game, if that wasn't obvious, and they knew it was do or die....What more motivation can you ask for?

None, and that tells me all I need to know.

I felt the same way at the end of the last 6 seasons but somehow some way, they always entice that hope again before the next season starts.

Well, I said it last year but, I mean it this year, I won't get fooled again. There needs to be some major changes before I buy into the hype again.

They aren't gonna put lipstick on a pig and tell me it's Pamela Lee.

I bet they could convince you it was Anna Nicole though :lol:

Bad Phinphreak,

I guess that wasn't very nice I believe I saw here on a commercial recently and she lost quite a bit.

While in todays NFL anything can happen the Fins could go undefeated the rest of the year get on a lucky streak and make it to the SB,(sort of like the 85 Patriots) Hell they could even wind up winning it, but I guess I am still used to the old school way and expect that the best teams should be playing in the game, and as much as it sucks to say, the Fins (at this pont) are far from being the best team in the AFC.

I honestly don't think at any point this season did the Fins show that they were a legitimite SB contender. They had some good games but all teams do at some point during the season.

Just like the rest of you I will be rooting, screaming and yelling the rest of the season just like I would if they were the #1 seed as I don't know any other way, but I also have accepted the fact that this once again is not the year of the Fins.

Funny thing is I live in Bills country and theheadline in today s paper was "Buffalo not out of playoffs yet", So I guess as I said with the way the NFL is today anything is possible and you don't actually have to be the best team.

I've seen enough.

It really doesn't matter what happens from here on out, I'm convinced that at some point this season is going to end far short of the Super Bowl.

It's time to lay down my sword and call it a done deal. I've been one of the staunchest supporters of a faulty regime. But, even I can't comprehend where we are going to find the ability to be anything more than good. I just don't think the talent is there and I don't think that the coaching staff has the ability to get these guys to play over their heads.

It's too bad. Because they put together a team of professional players that is unmatched in terms of blue collar dedication. We have a bunch of players who are outstanding human beings.

The coaching staff also is made up of quality people.

Too bad the talent could never match the desire.

In both cases.

I know the playoffs are still a possibility, and of course I'll be passionately rooting for this team until the end but, I also now truly believe that the end will be a bitter one once again.

I've got no hard feelings toward this team. I enjoyed watching them try and would have been ecstatic if they had pulled it all together. They always somehow gave me hope, however fleeting, and that is better than most teams give their fans.

It's just that now, I know, it's time for change.

And it's the anticipation of that change, that gives me hope again.
:)

well said infinsible..

I don't even wan't to imagine....

great previous post rhadaddy but this one I choose to comment on specifically because I'm right there with you. If we get some retread, use-to-be somebody, I'll throw a fit from day one.:mad:

How WH could botch picking up a new HC. I know everyone has been talking about a new HC for a while now, but just like the draft, we have an oppurtunity to get a playmaker like Boldin, and we get a reserve LB. I'm just saying it to you guys cause no matter what I'll always be a dolphan, but I know with all of the Stoops, Crennels, Weis's, and Greens of the worlds, there are plenty of Fassels, Mora's and Greg Williams types out there looking for work. I just hope that WH has the presence of mind to pick a solid coach and if he sticks with Speilman, make him the GM and not some token lame duck president with no final say, becasue I bet RS probably pushed for Boldin and Wanny pulled the trigger on Eddie Moore... just a hunch

Good post, but I refuse to give up on this team. Call me a dreamer. Call me a pothead. Call me w/e. I will not give up on this team. The team can still do it. They can still go to the SB. It will tkae dedication and luck, but it is possible. I will not give up on this team until we are finally knocked out of the playoffs or playoff contention. Until then, I believe we can still achieve our main goal. Weirder things have happened before.

Back
Top Bottom