I wonder if Carolina... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I wonder if Carolina...

Is in the XH market. Yetur Gross Matos and a second and fourth round pick.

We get rid of a headache and clear millions in cap space.

YGM has a high motor and some pass rush ability. Hes big enough to set the edge and hes still young.

The picks will allow us to continue to replace aging vets.
i saw every game gross matos played as a penn state season ticket holder. good player but it would take him and a 1st for me. imo

YGM has a high motor and some pass rush ability. Hes big enough to set the
He seems like a bit of a project. Unless we are getting an anchor along the OL I don’t see the value in trading X for a player over a higher draft pick. Chandler Jones was a beast, but he’s on the wrong side of 30 for the position that he plays. That’s the only name I’ve heard that makes me consider it so far. But he’s older, just coming off an injury and looking for big money. It’s a riskier, more expensive option than resigning X. So, that doesn’t make any sense to me.

Didn’t this dude sexually assault one of his teammates at penn state? I’m good. Seems like a whole different kind of headache rather keep the one we have that actually produces on field.

YGM has a high motor and some pass rush ability. Hes big enough to set the edge and hes still young.

The picks will allow us to continue to replace aging vets.
They want to get rid of YGM, why?

I didn‘t want Gross Matos in the 2020 draft, much less trading Howard for him. Personally I wouldn’t trade a 5th round pick for Gross Matos. To me he is just another guy and I think the defensive linemen the Dolphins already have are much better than he is,

If the Panthers want to give the Dolphins a first and second round pick for Howard, that would be a good deal. Otherwise they can keep Gross Matos as far as I am concerned.

He was but the fact that he is trying that is exciting. Plus they can revisit it. Glad they are exploring their options
The report said, ALLEGEDLY a trade offer was made to trade Howard for Jones. Which means to me that this trade offer was nothing but speculation by McAfee and he really has no idea if the trade offer was made or not.

Not that I see it happening and first they better keep Howard but IMO Eric McCoy and some actual help on the OL would be reassuring. Though have learned to accept that the curse of the team just might be in the there unbelievable lack of insight in the OL area. Been going on ever since Marino left and Wanny's talk and no action sense, going on now for 20 yrs.......

Ya, Ya, Ya I know we signed a couple and have great potential now with probably the not ready for prime time guys we are going to be starting.
Tua keeps up his progress, Imagine a solid dependable OL to work behind.... But no lets get another CD, TE, scrub OL man or how about another def. guy....man seen this happening so many times is sad

Awful lot riding on our line being significantly better than average which still is an unknown for everybody. It could turn out to be our most significant weakness screwing up everything.......JMO

Last edited:
No to YGM, but I’d take Jeremy Chinn or Derrick Brown

We need a thread on this?

Come On Man GIF by memecandy
He has a trade idea, and put it out to discuss. What's your problem?

Jones is 31, coming off biceps surgery, in the final year if his deal and asking for a trade. No thanks. This is the type of player our former GM would sign and then extend for big $$.

Back
Top Bottom