If a new coach came in and had a losing record in his first season... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If a new coach came in and had a losing record in his first season...

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Would he be fired immediately?

We had high standards in Miami.. I think one below .500 season would get someone booted..

That depends on if he retains a majority of the talent that is still here, offseason aquisitions etc.

If the new coach were to rebuild then some time to get a plan established would be needed.

All the teams at the top...NE, KC, Philly, STL, Indy, Tenn..they all sucked before they could get better. You have to take that into account.

If he were to retool not neccessarily rebuild, then i would give him 2 years to see a noticable difference. but with the talent we have already, i could see us 8-8 in the first year. But the deal is if we are a fighting 8-8 as opposed to a surrenduring 8-8. thats the deal for me.

Originally posted by finfan54
If he were to retool not neccessarily rebuild, then i would give him 2 years to see a noticable difference. but with the talent we have already, i could see us 8-8 in the first year. But the deal is if we are a fighting 8-8 as opposed to a surrenduring 8-8. thats the deal for me.
True with regards to fighting & surrendering. We already have a white flag coach and the team executes his lay down plan to perfection.

F that.....i say get a new coach every year until we get to the AFC championship....i don't care anymore....we suck, and i'm tired of it....win or ban yourselves from the nfl.....this is BS....we're not a rebuilding team....we should be dominating....but instead we're getting dominated.....11-5 next season or get the hell out....thats what i would tell the new coach!

Seriously? You wouldn't give a proven winner like Parcells...

...time to work his magic?

Our cap situation is such that we may be unable to make any sensible moves to resolve the glaring weaknesses we have in the coming offseason and any new guy coming in has no responsibility for that situation. Certain players with big cap numbers may not be willing to take restructures given the uncertainty of the new regime.

BS...lets say we go 8-8 this year (worst case scenario)....all u "bimbos" set the standards. Calling for Dave's ouster after a 11-5, 11-5, 9-7 and yet another at least .500 season (heck what of we go 10-6).

Noooooo...don't start to cover asses already. The bar is set to above a .500 record. below is unacceptable. I actually would say...anything less than a 11-5 record, winning the east and go deep into the playoffs will be reason to fire anybody from now on.

You all set the standard,,,,,you all live and die by it.

FFiB... that's a little bit too "drama queen" for me. You cannot really hold a new coach to the same standards as you do a coach who has had many years of gradual decline.

Originally posted by Total-Revamping
F that.....i say get a new coach every year until we get to the AFC championship....i don't care anymore....we suck, and i'm tired of it....win or ban yourselves from the nfl.....this is BS....we're not a rebuilding team....we should be dominating....but instead we're getting dominated.....11-5 next season or get the hell out....thats what i would tell the new coach!

You're insane!! :tongue:

Seriously, you can't expect a new coach to come in and immediately take the team to the AFC Championship game every single time. Those are some of the longest odds around. Especially in today's NFL.

Seriously, look at the AFC. The best teams are New England, Kansas City, and Indy. Actually, those are arguably the three best teams in the entire league. And one of them is GUARANTEED not to reach the AFC Championship game.

Belichick, Vermeil, and Dungy. No less than one of them will lose in the 1st or 2nd round. It's not as easy as it sounds.

Originally posted by phinphanphrommi
FFiB... that's a little bit too "drama queen" for me. You cannot really hold a new coach to the same standards as you do a coach who has had many years of gradual decline.

excuse me....dave was on the hot seat after two 11-5 seasons....

if a new coach comes in and he would not change a thing playerwise he should do much better than Dave because that's why Dave got fired in the first place.

With the group of players we have a new coach can only get better...sooooo....anything less than 11-5....is a reason to fire him.

FFiB, why are you so stuck on the 11-5 season... since then we've gone 9-7, stand to go 9-7 or possibly 8-8... and we're EXTREMELY close to missing the playoffs two years straight. If you graphed the dolphins season performance... you'd notice the line sloping in a steep downward direction. If we hired a new coach, and he continued that downward direction for a bit, then yes fire him. I can see your argument if Dave went 11-5 last season, or 11-5 this season.... but you're conviently forgetting the fact that it was 2 years ago, and that we've been getting worse since then.

Originally posted by SkapePhin
Would he be fired immediately?

We had high standards in Miami.. I think one below .500 season would get someone booted..

Any Dolphins coach under .500 --> :shout: :apc: :apc: :apc: :apc: :apc:

:bombyou:

rofl... we have Wayne H. has our owner! you have a few seasons to do nothing before you're fired.

Back
Top Bottom