If Andrews is gone at #20 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Andrews is gone at #20

I think Miami's best value just might be at WR. They might think Andrews has too many questions marks and the other guards have better value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. You can never have too many good players--even if they are at the same position. You can always trade a player who has a high value and be very selective about what player you can get in return. I hope the Fins go with the BPA and not REACH for need. I think reaching hurts the team and the draft in more ways than one. I would love to see the Fins field a team of Chambers, Boston, (Evans, Clayton, Jenkins or Woods) at the wide reciever sets. All these guys would even make Fielder look half way decent. It certainly would keep Ricky from getting too banged up. Above all it SHOULD open up our weak offense. We shall see :D

I know I'm in the minority but I'd pass on Andrews. Too many questions .... overweight and apparent inability to manage it, potentially recurring sinus polyps, questionable dedication, etc. for a #20. My money is on a WR. I really think RS & crew believes they have a serviceable OL & feel they can add depth later in the draft.

Just say no to Andrews...

If I am wrong about this opinion, I'll be eating my words in a couple of years, but here is my arguement...

Andrews has a discipline problem...he can't keep his weight in check on a consistent basis. Sure, now that he stands to lose millions he is in check, but does a leopard ever really change his spots ?? He's had a back injury in the past...anyone who has had a back injury knows that you will never be the same and it is something that can come up at any time, not just on the football field (think of D. Gardener). It is now reported that he is a lockerroom cancer, but since I have just heard Big O just say it and have no other sources, I'll forget that one...too many questions for a big man like he is...I just have a bad feeling about a guy who misses a bowl game...didn't even travel with the team, in his last year at school...something is definetly wrong with that picture....gains 50 pounds when he knows the interviews of his life are coming in a couple of months...and he will be out of commission for 6-8 weeks after the draft because of surgery, which I don't hold against him, but how much of that weight will he gain back ??

I'll repeat....just say no to Andrews....IMO

It is also very possible that he will not be there when we pick...don't the Vikes want an OL too. Carey is a possiblity, but the Pats may be trading up to get one of those guys too. Cleveland, if they can't get their guy, will want to trade down for an OL too.

gearhead said:
I know I'm in the minority but I'd pass on Andrews. Too many questions .... overweight and apparent inability to manage it, potentially recurring sinus polyps, questionable dedication, etc. for a #20. My money is on a WR. I really think RS & crew believes they have a serviceable OL & feel they can add depth later in the draft.

As a former coach you know dang well how much his weight problem and potential attitude with coaches can hurt his impact on our team.

He has 2 knocks against him, not just one. Your vibe on him comes from years you saw the same trend in others (I'd bet). I know when I heard all this crapola hit the fan today about him it reminded me of a few problem players i've seen over the years!

I'd take Lee Evans and go o-line in round 3.I think Evans would do better with us that Clayton would but that's just my opinion. I like Smiley but unless we take him at 20 he'll probably be gone soon after so if we move down he could be gone at that point.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom