If Cutler falls.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Cutler falls....

Thats a tough question now that Culpepper is here. I mean you figure that Culpepper will be here for at least 6 years. So if Cutler is any good, you might have another San Diego situation. At some point they will need to draft a young QB to groom, but I believe they will probably wait until the 2007 draft to do it since they don't have many picks this year.

If he does, Saban will get somebody to trade up with us to get him. Everybody will know the Vikings will take him right after us. Maybe we can even squeeze our 2nd rounder back out of Minnesota so they can take him.

Why would we take a QB early? Gettin Pep has solved our QB problems for atleast 5 years.

GCD960 said:
No. We cannot spend 3 draft picks on a QB this year.

Thats a good point with the Dolphins giving up a 6 rounder for Lemon last year. That is why I think they will wait until the 2007 draft to take one since they don't have many picks this year.

TXFinFan said:
If he does, Saban will get somebody to trade up with us to get him. Everybody will know the Vikings will take him right after us. Maybe we can even squeeze our 2nd rounder back out of Minnesota so they can take him.

:pray:

Right now we need another WR to help Chambers. Also we need OL, and Def secondary help.

We punched our QB ticket with Culpepper.

Cutler is now considered a top 5 pick, and rated higher than Vince Young by many. No way he falls to #16, so it's not even worth discussing.

I love Cutler. I'm one of his biggest fans and when a lot of people started talking about us getting him I got excited. But if he falls to 16, which he might, we won't take him. Consider this. If we do take him, we would be using a first (Cutler), second (Culpepper), and sixth (Lemon) round pick on QBs.

Back
Top Bottom