If Cutler falls.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Cutler falls....

No we would not draft him! But if he really is still available by our pick, Saban would use to our advtange and possibly trade down with some teams who are interested in him.

Absolutely not. I for one am excited to start a season with no quarterback controversy. Could anyone imagine the Culpepper vs Cutler debate.

I'm pretty sure we'll end up either trading down or drafting defense in the first round. If a guy isn't there that we have a conviction on we'll try to find a trade partner to get back our 2. If one of the great wide recievers is sitting there we might just give Daunte one more weapon.

I don't see him falling past the Raiders or Cards, but if he did? Maybe draft and trade him? Dallas could be looking for a QB of the future, Bledsoe has maybe 1-2 years left. The Chiefs maybe? Trent Green is getting old.

Even the Vikes (at #17) might give up at least a third to get Cutler. If Saban gets a team to believe we might keep Cutler, or trade him for the best offer then we could get a second or third round pick out of it.

can we drop Culter? I mean really. As fans we convinced ourselves that he was better than any other QB in the draft, now we have a real QB in Culpepper...

No way we spend another pick on a QB, I cant see Saban starting a rookie or Lemon opening day if Daunte isnt ready to go.

I agree with everyone else that it's a moot point; Cutler won't fall. But if he did, I'd drive Culpepper to the airport myself. On the right team, with good coaching, Jay Cutler will be that good. The Next Brett Favre? Quite possibly.

I'd try and use our draft picks to better our team in other areas. Culpepper suits Miami fine for right now

TXFinFan said:
If he does, Saban will get somebody to trade up with us to get him. Everybody will know the Vikings will take him right after us. Maybe we can even squeeze our 2nd rounder back out of Minnesota so they can take him.

Exactly. If we were blessed to have Cutler fall to us then the Vikes would have to give us their 51st or we trade to Denver (who have multiple 1st-day picks) and who could use a QB to groom. So does KC. OAK or ARI would be possibilities if they didn't take Vince Young or Leinart with their 1st rounders.

It won't happen (Cutler sliding to 16th) but Vince Young may based on him leaving college early and was so used to running a shotgun/option offense where he ran more than he passed. Maybe he would have passed more if Roy Williams or atleast some decent WR were on their team. His only threat through the air was TE David Thomas who is the epitome of a pass-catching TE who should go no later than the 5th IMO and my limited knowledge.

IMO, of course you take him, let them battle it out in a couple of years time, Culpepper would also be good to learn off because they have similar arm strength and he can get a gauge on what he can and can't do in the NFL relative to the speed of DB's in the NFL compared to college.

I can't see us drafting a QB with a valuable 1st rd. pick with all the other needs on the team. Especially after we just spent a 2nd on a starting probowl QB.

If Cutler is there at 16 then some other team is going to want him. We'd be in a perfect position to move back and pick up a few extra picks. Same goes if Young falls, which is probably more likely.

I f he falls, we trade down. Plenty of teams will want him, and we could capitalize on the situation and get more picks outta of it

We are not going to take a QB in this years draft. The only way i see us taking a QB in the draft is maybe next year when Brady Quinn declares and he won't be available when we will pick.

Back
Top Bottom