Reaction score
I have revised my list of candidates.

Tell me what you think.

1. Gary Kubiak
2. Jim Mora Jr. (about to drop him)
3. Nick Saban
4. Herman Edwards
5. Jim Fassell

I would give NO control to any of them, and if Dave came back, I would take control away.

I would hire Ron Wolff for GM. If he doesn't want it, I promote Spielman.

Here is the problem i see with your list. Kubiak is overrated, even Shannahan said he was, Mora Jr?????? The Niners D sucks!!!!
Saben is ok but College coach.

Herm Edwards????? Come on. Jim Fassell? No way.

How about Guys like Charlie Weis, Tom Coughlin, Bill Cowher, Romeo Crennell, Brad Childress, Etc.

New Englands Defensive Coach would be a nice up grade. I also think UO HC is a good choice.

I like charlie Wiess. An offensive mind would be a nice addition. At least we would have one then.

BILL COWHER, CHARLIE WEIS OR ROMEO DEPLETE THE ENEMY.IF WE DONT GET EITHER ONE SOMEONE WILL. ROMEO AND CHARLIE WILL BE GONE NEXT YEAR FOR SURE I LOOK FOR ROMEO TO BE IN ATLANTA.MAYBE WE WILL GET LUCKY AND PITT WILL LET BILL GO.ID RATHER HAVE BILL COWHER THAN NORV UP THE GUT TURNER.

Originally posted by tenndolfan4ever
BILL COWHER, CHARLIE WEIS OR ROMEO DEPLETE THE ENEMY.IF WE DONT GET EITHER ONE SOMEONE WILL. ROMEO AND CHARLIE WILL BE GONE NEXT YEAR FOR SURE I LOOK FOR ROMEO TO BE IN ATLANTA.MAYBE WE WILL GET LUCKY AND PITT WILL LET BILL GO.ID RATHER HAVE BILL COWHER THAN NORV UP THE GUT TURNER.
can't agree with you more , bill cowher would be a pefrect fit ...

My only qualm with Cowher is that I think a coach who has been with one team that long needs to take a year to let the battery recharge. I wouldn't want to pick Cowher up and then learn that he just doesn't have the same passion he did...

Everyone should be hoping for an offensive minded coach. The first thing to do is bring in a coach that will clean out all the cocches on the offensive side of the ball. Tony Wise would be the first one cut then Norv Turner. The OL shouldn't be having problems recognizing blitzes and schemes the defense throws at them. All the OL with exception of Wade Smith should have played against any defensive scheme. Nothing should be new to them. And its not always the fault of the OL itself but the OL coach not coming up the solutions during the game. Wise has failed at maintaining some degree of consistency within the OL.

I'm hoping for a good OC, but I really don't care what the specialty of the head coach is as long as he's the sort of dynamic leader that Miami just hasn't had for the past few years...

bill cowher may not be the offensive guy you are right.but you can bet he will clean house and bring in an offensive guy to handle it.my point is he is a defensive minded coach that knows more about defense than wanny and WILL bring in a good offensive mind with him i would bet on it.

I've said it before and I will say it again. We need Charlie Weis. Period. Look at what he's doing in NE.

Originally posted by njfinfan
I've said it before and I will say it again. We need Charlie Weis. Period. Look at what he's doing in NE.
i dont mean this to be smart so dont take it that way but what the hell has he done? the pats could not score last sunday? there have been alot of games where there d and special teams have come up big (indy) to get the wins not their offense. weis is allright not great.their o has not impreesed me.yeah they scored in indy but that was not what won the game.

I, personally, believe he's a genius on the offense and we need an offensive coach. I think he would be a great head coach. However, I'm still not convinced that Wayne is going to give Wanny the boot if we don't make the playoffs. And I didn't take offense at your comment. I just believe CW would be the best choice for our team next season.

Who says we need an offensive minded head coach???...

I like Denny Green. He's a disciplinarian, and he'll get these guys playing more physical. The offense will improve if we can just upgrade the OL. It's not so much the playcalling, but the lack of executing....

I don't like the thought of bringing in an OC as our next HC just because we need offense....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:fire:

i know everyone is going to go crazy with this option....but i would love to have denny green....he gets the best out of his players, he is an amazing talent scout, if you look at who he's drafted, and he WINS!!!

Back
Top Bottom