If Dave should go............ | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Dave should go............

Charlie Weis is the same guy that called three striaght passes against indy when two freakin runs would have killed enough time where Indy would have never gotten to the 1 yard line to choke.

He loses it often.........I remember Belichick screaming at him in the Browns game this year when he called a pass play that almost got intercepted when they were trying to run the clock out.

As for offense.....I like Kubiak because he might bring the plays and blocking schemes that produce that incredible run offense that has CP at 5.8 ypc this year...........YEP 5.8 ypc!!!!!!!!!!!

i really thought that to until his vikes went 15-1 and lost the nfc championship game AT HOME to the falcons the falcons?? chris chandler??

Dennis Green also has a spotty draft record..........he had very few hits................it also got him fired........(Personnel decisions was the reason he got fired)

Look it up.

he would be a good fit, i think he would get the best out of ALL of our players ALL the time....he got fired because he's ****y and tried to run the entire show over there, when their managment was built with levels of authority.....we don't have any of that....huzienga drops by every now and then to show off his suit and tie, and really doesn't get involved in anything....the entire show is pretty much ran by dave, that is what denny wanted in minn, but could never fully get it....here he could

Originally posted by Section126
Dennis Green also has a spotty draft record..........he had very few hits................it also got him fired........(Personnel decisions was the reason he got fired)

Look it up.
you are right 126 moss and cullpepper was it!! he had several miss fires until then.

I'll agree with Denny Green too - I like the fact that he has NFL experience, I think we need that as well. On the other side of the coin, I like Nick Saban. We need discipline for this team as well.

Are we even sure that Dave goes if we don't get into the playoffs this year?

Originally posted by Total-Revamping
he would be a good fit, i think he would get the best out of ALL of our players ALL the time....he got fired because he's ****y and tried to run the entire show over there, when their managment was built with levels of authority.....we don't have any of that....huzienga drops by every now and then to show off his suit and tie, and really doesn't get involved in anything....the entire show is pretty much ran by dave, that is what denny wanted in minn, but could never fully get it....here he could
id rather have a guy that has been to 4 afc championship games and a super bowl ala bill cowher than denny green.and to your comment maybe if wayne took more time to put effort in our team we could get better just a thought.dropping by every now and then to me seems like he has better things to do.

Originally posted by Section126
I have revised my list of candidates.

Tell me what you think.

1. Gary Kubiak
2. Jim Mora Jr. (about to drop him)
3. Nick Saban
4. Herman Edwards
5. Jim Fassell

I would give NO control to any of them, and if Dave came back, I would take control away.

I would hire Ron Wolff for GM. If he doesn't want it, I promote Spielman.

Heh. I took Kubiac after the '03 season was over in Madden. He was the top rated candidate. :D

Charlie Weis has done a lot considering what he has. I agree the NE Offense has not carried that team, but look at the lack of Offensive fire power this guy is working with. He ahs no RB, WR's are all hurt. Brady is good and Oline is ok. But without the threat of a running game and the safety of a top notch WR he is able to score enough to win.......

Weis is from a good line. Parcells, Belichek (sp) like Shula and Noll from Paul Brown. I think Denny Green as my second choice and Saban as number 3. With the exception of Turner. Our coaching staff stinks. The only reason Turner gets a pass imo is that the o line is not even average.

Well after a lot of thought I have decided on a particular candiadte to be the new head coach, if a change is made.
On the reasons for my choice. I do not want a retread. That would eliminate people like Dennis Green, Tom Coughlin, and Dan Reeves. I also do want a co-ordinator who does not have any head coaching experience at any level. As seen with Greg Williams in Buffalo, it often blows up in a team's face. Therefore guys like Charlie Weis, Romeo Crenell, Lovie Smith, Mike Mullarky I am not real hot on.
My preference is to get a head college coach, who has been in the NFL as a key assistant in the past. The type of college coach I want is a good offensive coach, who also is more of a coach than a program director.
The popular person in this situation is Nick Saban from LSU. However two things worry me about him. He is a defense first coach. The other thing is his closeness to Bill Bellicheck. I personally do not want a coach who uses the Parcells/Bellicheck football philosphy.
The candidate I prefer has been a head coach for three years. In those three years he took a program that was inept for over a decade, to one than will now win in double-digits every year he has been there. He is a disciplinarian. He also is very creative offensively. He also is very good at maxifying the effects of a good running back. During his time as an NFL assistant he made stars out of Marion Butts and Natrone Means. His last year as an NFL assistant he got his team into the Super Bowl, and since he left that team has not been close to playoff calibur since.
This coach is Ralph Frigden of the University of Maryland.

Back
Top Bottom