If Denver wins, we would have been out of the playoffs with 11 wins anyways | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Denver wins, we would have been out of the playoffs with 11 wins anyways

"the new playoff system is good. now teams can actually focus on winning their division, instead of sneaking in the back door with a wildcard spot. it makes the league more competitive.. this time the dolphins got the bad end of the deal. better luck next time.
even if the dolphins backed into the playoffs, they would not have done any damage. they would have been outcoached and outplayed."

well, since we now have four divisions in each conference and 32 teams... it is time to add two more wildcards to the playoffs in each conference in my opinion.

Miami could have finished at 11-5 and not made it. chances are they will finish 10-6 and they definitely will not make it.

but, either Baltimore (who we've beaten) or Cinncinatti will slide in as the champs of a weak division. being the champs of a division including this years Steelers and Browns doesnt make the Bengals or Ravens anything more than "back door" teams, who benefit from being in a weak division in my opinion. Baltimore's defense and ground game could give them a prayer of a playoff win, but realistically neither they nor Cincie will do anything in the playoffs, be it because of being outcoached or outplayed by overall stronger teams made ready for the playoffs by playing tough schedules (unlike perrenial losers Cinncinatti) full of playoff contenders teams with a legitimate shot at a Super Bowl.

Originally posted by Jaj
No I am sick of this NFL. The playoff system and everything. Parity is ridiculous.

That is why the NFL was more popular before, in the early 90's and mid 80's. You knew one team was gonna kick this little team's *** and yet sometimes they were upset.

When two powerhouses faced off it made incredible games back then. Now it looks like any other game.

Parity is great. Every team in the NFL has a chance, and anyone can win on Any Given Sunday. There are upsets all of the time. At the beginning of the season, no one has any idea who will go the Super Bowl. The NFL is so great because it is so unpredictable.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Every team in the NFL has a chance, and anyone can win on Any Given Sunday. There are upsets all of the time

That was true before and after the watered down NFL.. I mean parity. I like the possibility of having the FIns becoming a great team and I mean great like the Steelers of the 70's, not the NFC of today.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
So many what ifs and noone cares that winning your division is the only thing that matters. If you don't win your division you're depending on others to help you out.

THAT is what's not right. Win your games you're supposed to, a few games that are close and win your division. We don't have this conversation otherwise.

New England has less talent and more wins, they clearly deserve to go for winning the division.

We didn't and are whining because the help we were depending on to get in, didn't come.

NE clearly deserves to go for having the best record in the NFL. Think about this tho. Altho highly unlikely but it could happen, but suppose NE lost the div to us with identical 14-2 records. Two other divisions have a pr of 14-2 teams with the last div winner being 8-8. Think any of thse 14-2 teams deserve to go home while the 8-8 team plays on? Yes a bizarre point but wierd stuff could happen tho.

Back
Top Bottom