If Dolphins draft defensive player at No. 14, one name stands out | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Dolphins draft defensive player at No. 14, one name stands out

i think it time for dolphins to put more pressure on thier offensive. add wr, og, fb,cb,mlb... the defense have carrier dolphins to 2 playoff in 14 yr. that not working. it time take trainning wheel of thill. let him play put the pressure on his shoulder. the nfl is setup for offensive score point. philbin is offense coach plus he got lazor.

I don't see a scenario where we can improve enough in one offseason to be a legit playoff contender.
No one wants to hear this but we're better off being cap-stingy this year and go heavy youth movement. Let Odrick walk, get a cheaper alternative and trade picks to totally load up on high picks and great cap space in 2016.
If we reach to max 2015, I fear we'll come up short anyway and be stuck at 500 for the next 3 years at least.
We just have to acknowledge how bad Ireland screwed us.
We made a good reach for it last year but our lack of depth made us a total 'Murphy's Law' magnet. We are doomed without depth. We have to make our own luck.

Keep Wallace cuz you're paying him anyway and prepare to maximize 2016.

6-10 and drafting in the top 10 in 2016 would be an improvement over the incessant mediocrity we're stuck in.

Tannehill is the only reason we're not easily the worst team in our division. The Jets kicked out butts even with Tannehill.
There are no offseason moves we can make to get 4 games better, cuz we'd actually have to be a better team to be 500, as our competition is improving more than we are. If the Jets draft got a good WR, they'd be 2-3 games better than us.

Block and tackle. We suck at both. We will suck until this changes and we are way too deficient to fix this before next September.

nope... cause 1 player isnt going to take Miami into the playoffs.... but him as a player for Miami will definitely help!!!

I mean we had Starks and Odrick for quite a while and no playoffs. Will Malcolm Brown be the difference maker?

so what do we do now that all the lb's we were looking at in the draft put up bad 40 times and dropped their stock significantly? Perryman looks short and slow, McKinney looks big and slow, paul dawson looks slow, smallish and obnoxious, and shaq thompson looks either undersized or oversized depending on where you put him (which nobody seems to have an answer to). I'm leaning towards mckinney in the second now. Dawson seems like he is either gonna boom or bust. I'm just not sure now.

so Charles Davis said Bud Dupree would be a good fit for us. Thoughts? Not a position of need, but as of right now our pass rush doesn't exactly look great and you can never have enough

I don't see a scenario where we can improve enough in one offseason to be a legit playoff contender.
No one wants to hear this but we're better off being cap-stingy this year and go heavy youth movement. Let Odrick walk, get a cheaper alternative and trade picks to totally load up on high picks and great cap space in 2016.
If we reach to max 2015, I fear we'll come up short anyway and be stuck at 500 for the next 3 years at least.
We just have to acknowledge how bad Ireland screwed us.
We made a good reach for it last year but our lack of depth made us a total 'Murphy's Law' magnet. We are doomed without depth. We have to make our own luck.

Keep Wallace cuz you're paying him anyway and prepare to maximize 2016.

6-10 and drafting in the top 10 in 2016 would be an improvement over the incessant mediocrity we're stuck in.

Tannehill is the only reason we're not easily the worst team in our division. The Jets kicked out butts even with Tannehill.
There are no offseason moves we can make to get 4 games better, cuz we'd actually have to be a better team to be 500, as our competition is improving more than we are. If the Jets draft got a good WR, they'd be 2-3 games better than us.

Block and tackle. We suck at both. We will suck until this changes and we are way too deficient to fix this before next September.

Who's gonna throw to this new receiver? And you must've forgotten about all the injuries because we were headed directly towards the playoffs until our cornerstone on the o-line went down, followed by a starting cb, and his backup, our starting safety, the backup backup corner. The dropoff in blocking when albert went down was unreal. The dropoff in pass coverage when finnegan and delmas went down was also unreal. The bills have no real qb and a defensive minded coach that failed to develop qbs at the place he just got fired from. The jets have geno Smith and no good options in the draft. I don't see how they are better. They just caught us at the right time, early when we were getting accustomed, and late when our whole team was wearing casts.

so what do we do now that all the lb's we were looking at in the draft put up bad 40 times and dropped their stock significantly? Perryman looks short and slow, McKinney looks big and slow, paul dawson looks slow, smallish and obnoxious, and shaq thompson looks either undersized or oversized depending on where you put him (which nobody seems to have an answer to). I'm leaning towards mckinney in the second now. Dawson seems like he is either gonna boom or bust. I'm just not sure now.

Have to just go BPA at 14 I know we have alot of holes but if we draft for need we could get burned yet again. There will probably be a good player at 14 there - hopefully Hickey and staff have put good time in and will make a good selection. The LB situation scared me last year and it doesn't look like were going to get much improvement there this year unfortuntely.

One offensive lineman going down should not wreck our season like it did, and our injuries on D was because they were hot garbage to begin with. Jamar Taylor has never been right, Delmas has been perennially injury-plagued, so has Finnegan along with him being 'meh' when healthy.

We suck at blocking and tackling. I don't see how one offseason can change this enough. Our LB corps is a trainwreck.
You keep Wallace and if Tannehill continues to fail at long passes then I struggle to see paying him elite money. Give him 1/2 a season to earn that extension.

great player but if we resign Odrick Brown would be redundant. I think we need a 0-technique guy, so we don't get our asses run over(especially since I don't see a great MLB falling into our laps)

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

people who believe that the ability to trade down is an absolute certainty are fools. supply and demand my friend

If you go to Drafttek draft chart, there are not many teams with multiple picks in later rounds and some teams dont have picks in certain rounds. Not sure people want to trade as much in this draft.

Detroit would work as a trade down partner. We get #23 (Collins, Perryman, Kendricks, Brown,) and #54 (Dorsett, Davis, Peters, Dawson) and they get #14 (Waynes, Gurley, Gordon).

They need help badly at RB and getting first dibs on the best backs in the draft would be something they might be interested in.

Back
Top Bottom