If Dolphins draft defensive player at No. 14, one name stands out | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Dolphins draft defensive player at No. 14, one name stands out

Malcolm Brown is my first choice for round one. Trading down would be the perfect scenario. Doubt it happens.

Goldman/Brown in the 1st and then Xavier Cooper in the 2nd with a guy like M. Spaight later, and I think you've done a great job addressing the middle of the D.

I would not be upset w/ Brown. He will be the 3rd DT off the board after L Williams & Shelton (to the Bears who will transition to a 3-4).

That said I'm all for Shaq Thompson. Why? If as I've read on this site that Miami frequently plays a 4-2-5 then a LB/S hybrid would be ideal. Plus, I like his attitude.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0a...on-i-want-to-put-it-out-there-im-a-linebacker

I want to put it out there: I'm a linebacker. Outside linebacker. Strong side, that's where I feel most comfortable. It's basically like a strong safety," Thompson told USA Today Sports. "Nowadays, this is a passing game. You need linebackers who can cover and drop in zone. And I'm a three-down player. You don't have to take me off the field. Even on special teams, you don't have to take me off. I love special teams, especially kickoff coverage.

Goldman/Brown in the 1st and then Xavier Cooper in the 2nd with a guy like M. Spaight later, and I think you've done a great job addressing the middle of the D.

I like Spaight. Not as much as Dawson from TCU. Neither as much as Thompson... obviously.

Brown is a guy who I've grown on. NOt that I didn't think he's good, but with what we want from our DTs he's a perfect fit. One of many guys who deserves to be in contention for our pick.

I'd rather us get a DT in free agency and draft a top WR at 14. We need a real #1

Ozzy rules!!

I would rather take a WR at #14...we could load up on defensive players after this.

Malcolm Brown is a nice player...but not really a difference maker. I like him, not at 14 to be honest. If we want a 2-down space eater we should just sign Kenrick Ellis from the Jets on the cheap, solve the NT problem. We should be looking at difference makers.

Malcolm Brown is a nice player...but not really a difference maker. I like him, not at 14 to be honest. If we want a 2-down space eater we should just sign Kenrick Ellis from the Jets on the cheap, solve the NT problem. We should be looking at difference makers.

its hard to really say YES on many players right now for me at #14...... still hoping for a nice trade down possibility for a couple nice extra round 2/3 picks.... matters the names there though at 14 obviously

I disagree with that assessment. He's got a lot of burst, and he's very disruptive for a guy his size. There aren't many DT's in the NFL who are both stout against the run and excel at getting into the backfield. Brown projects to be one of those guys.

I disagree with that assessment. He's got a lot of burst, and he's very disruptive for a guy his size. There aren't many DT's in the NFL who are both stout against the run and excel at getting into the backfield. Brown projects to be one of those guys.

now i do agree with you here... but also have a slight disagreement.

I agree we cant just sign Ellis cheap and NT problem solved.... due to I say fine sign Ellis or Knighton, but I want to bring in youth to develop too for depth and future duo starting NTs (rotation). gotta have that always in action.

i agree Brown is a great penetrator to create havoc in the backfield as well as stout in the middle... he provides some great aspects. but where i disagree is there is others in the draft that do the same thing (obviously Shelton), and I like Carl Davis in this aspect too who is bigger as well as can obtain a bit lower in the draft. Xavier Cooper i do like too in this aspect, and he can make plays in the backfield too but more technique wise, BUT these two guys will be able to take on blocks a better and fill the middle better for LBS (team defense!!!). also there are others, but i know arent as reliable as brown, and im not overly as big on them either.

now to also agree with Beard here a little.... i'm not big on Brown at #14 either... i am not sure who will be there, as well as whom i would be overly comfy with there.... hence my comments on a possible trade down to make everything a bit nicer if it could work out!!!

Does Malcolm Brown = Playoffs? I feel like the first round is the perfect place to land a franchise player. There are good franchise players to be had at both sides of the ball with the 14th pick and it'll be interesting to see what falls to us.

Not only bust, but moves phenominal in space. Hes a legit athlete.

Does Malcolm Brown = Playoffs? I feel like the first round is the perfect place to land a franchise player. There are good franchise players to be had at both sides of the ball with the 14th pick and it'll be interesting to see what falls to us.

nope... cause 1 player isnt going to take Miami into the playoffs.... but him as a player for Miami will definitely help!!!

With the top 3 WRs probably gone by 14 and interior oline and linebacker being a major reach . . . . the idea of Malcolm Brown at 14 is starting to make A LOT of sense . . . defense in general at 14 makes a lot of sense.

The skills are very deep in this draft, day 2 WR is gonna be a gold mine and day 3 RB there will be plenty.

If its going to be defense, I'd like it to be a Middle linebacker or a cornerback, but it better be a person with starting ability overall, and star potential.

Back
Top Bottom