If Fletcher and Greenwood get beat out... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Fletcher and Greenwood get beat out...

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Lol...that's a heck of a standard to be striving for..."can we draft players who would start for the Bungles?" As I've said repeatedly, I haven't done an in depth search of players to see who is doing a bteer job than we are...it's just my perception. But I look at teams like the Packers who were able to absorb a ton of injuries and still win games and did that in part because of the the players they drafted.

I think Wanny agrees with you and you see him cleaning out the house and bringing in a lot of Draftees, especially on O..for decent depth..obviously our Vets of the last 2 years haven't done the job...Remember, even Zach was concern about depth last year..I think between the draft and FA's..Wanny's addressing these issues...but you know..doubting the draft's results don't bode well with the teams success...obviously we're winning too..we haven't been below 500..and as someone mention...Wanny's only had 1 first round pick..and the one's he traded away I think was well worth it...I really don't think he thought Ricky would run over 1500 yards his first year here..I really think he was pleasantly surprised by that..Unfortunately, it cost him an opportunity to get a LT in the 1st round this year..but you have to pay a price, for success..Hopefully this year's signings of Draftee's and FA produce super dividends.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

I think Wanny agrees with you and you see him cleaning out the house and bringing in a lot of Draftees, especially on O..for decent depth..obviously our Vets of the last 2 years haven't done the job...Remember, even Zach was concern about depth last year..I think between the draft and FA's..Wanny's addressing these issues...but you know..doubting the draft's results don't bode well with the teams success...obviously we're winning too..we haven't been below 500..and as someone mention...Wanny's only had 1 first round pick..and the one's he traded away I think was well worth it...I really don't think he thought Ricky would run over 1500 yards his first year here..I really think he was pleasantly surprised by that..Unfortunately, it cost him an opportunity to get a LT in the 1st round this year..but you have to pay a price, for success..Hopefully this year's signings of Draftee's and FA produce super dividends.

As I said...I REALLY think that overall Wann/Speil have done a GREAT job with our personell. And I'd even say that they've done a solid job in the later rounds of the draft and the undrafted FA's. But I'm just not satisfied with the fact that of our last six players taken in the first three rounds, we only got 3 players that are solid prospects to start and win a job from existing personell. Heck, I'm sure that all six could start on other teams in the NFL, but Wann/Speil aren't drafting for the Bungles...they're drafting for the Dolphins. If any fan here is satisfied with Bengals quality players, they REALLY need to set their standards a little higher. The first three rounds are EXPECTED to be impact players and starters. And I just don't see a 50% success rate in those rounds as being satisfactory. Maybe my stabdard is too high, but if my bar is too high, it's only because I've seen how well our FO does in the other areas of personell acquisition.

Originally posted by inFINSible

I think Omare Lowe might be able to step in for Fletcher w/out missing a beat.:goof:

What makes you think that?

Oliver...

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Since you didn't use a silly smiley, I'll assume that you missed the dripping irony in the post.

Oh is that what that silly lil face was for at the end of his post?

Yeah it's real easy to pickup on sarcasm over the Net.

Oliver...

Well...he was probably counting on people understanding that given the level of faith that the FO has towards Fletcher right now, you or I could probably compete with him, so Omare Lowe wouldn't have any problem at all....throw in the fact that Lowe would be competing for the 4th or 5th CB spot, and it's just a hoot of a post...:)

Back
Top Bottom