If Foster/Reddick are off the board by #22 - list your TOP 5. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Foster/Reddick are off the board by #22 - list your TOP 5.

My top 5 - who would you take? Please post your own top5 below.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phinfan31

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Mine are listed in the poll - please vote for the player YOU would want the most out of my picks --

T.J. Watt, - Love his fire. Love his family. Love his work ethic and leadership. He could be the Jarvis Landry of the D. This team is about finding "OUR" kind of players now. He fits the bill perfectly. How bout that high jump btw? Alonso/Timmons/Watt is a massive upgrade over our unit last year.

David Njoku, - This guy is for real, and if we have the luxury of taking him and having him mentored by JT (for routes) and Fasano (for blocking) ....the sky is the limit for him under Gase. Our offense becomes just ****ing NASTY.

Forrest Lamp - The year after taking the best tackle in the draft we get the best guard in the draft? **** yeah. I'm cool with it. Having young/healthy potentially ELITE O-Line is NOT a bad thing with the amount of weapons we now have on O. T-Hill takes the next step gaurenteed.

Jarrad Davis - Arguably the best LB prospect after the top2. I just hate gators...but if hes better than Channing Crowder then **** it - bring him on down to South Beach!!

Jabrill Peppers - The total wildcard of the draft...and I usually say stay the **** away from these guys...but if he does pan out then him and Reshad Jones could be the best duo of safeties in the league. This article changed my mind on him. He also brings that attitude/work ethic to his team - another "Landry" type ----- http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2017/03/jim_harbaugh_jabrill_peppers_w.html

----------------------------------------------------------

So please vote for who you'd take from my top5 above, and then PLEASE POST YOUR OWN TOP 5 desired players for pick #22!!!! Lets see who the favorites are.

Last edited by a moderator:
DE Jordan Willis - Very explosive player. Impressive bend with active and violent hands. Best fit for our attacking philosophy on the front 4.

Don't really have a top 5 though I know I want nothing to do with JaBell Peppers in the first few rounds.

I'd take Lamp. He's a guy that starts immediately, and he solidifies our O line right away. Fill our holes on D rest of the draft.

I think the sky is the limit for OJ Howard and Njoku. I'd love to pick up either obviously, but I think the needs on D and the O-line don't allow the luxury of picking up a TE. But who friggin knows?

From the ones you listed I like Lamp the most but I'm not a fan of taking an OG round 1.

Derek Barnett is the guy I want at 22. Gonna be interesting to see if he gets that far.

If Foster and Reddick (who I wouldnt take anyway) are off the board here is my top 5:

1. Malik Hooker
2. Solomon Thomas
3. Derek Barnett
4. Forest Lamp
5. Obi Melafanwu

I think the sky is the limit for OJ Howard and Njoku. I'd love to pick up either obviously, but I think the needs on D and the O-line don't allow the luxury of picking up a TE. But who friggin knows?

True...I just can't help thinking about how both Julius Thomas and Anthony Fasano are injury concerns. For the last what...5-6 years we've had serious injury problems at the position? Its destined to happen to one of these 2 guys...and if they can mentor Njoku he will be able to step in their shoes and help us right away. Love the idea. I'm sure Gase does too :)

I went Watt. You know he's got the focus and work ethic. 6'5 ran 4.69 I think him Kiko and Timmons would be a nice upgrade at LB

DE Jordan Willis - Very explosive player. Impressive bend with active and violent hands. Best fit for our attacking philosophy on the front 4.

Don't really have a top 5 though I know I want nothing to do with JaBell Peppers in the first few rounds.

Totally agree...this guy is physically impressive, he also is a very mature young man. Heard a great interview with on NFL radio....he is my #1 pick.

2017 NFL Draft: Senior Bowl star Jordan Willis studies Cameron Wake

MOBILE, Ala. — Kansas State defensive end Jordan Willis has broken down tape of every starting defensive end in the NFL and his favorite pass rusher is Miami Dolphins defensive end Cameron Wake.
The Dolphins need an injection of youthful defensive ends and Willis should be on their radar, especially if he is available in the second round of April’s NFL Draft.

Willis says he has spent up to five hours in a single day studying the moves of defensive players like Wake, J.J. Watt, Khalil Mack, Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware.

“The reason why I watch those guys is they are always around the football,” Willis said after a Senior Bowl practice. “They’ve got good takeoff. They set up their moves. And they’re explosive.”

Willis creates quarterback pressures but also is a solid run defender. Miami needs more players who can do both.

Willis is a solidly-built 6-feet-3 and 3/4 and 255 pounds. After a good week of practice, Willis helped improve his stock with draft evaluators with two sacks and two forced fumbles in Saturday’s game.

Willis was named South Team Outstanding Player.

Just finished watching tape on lamp. All pro guard potential, no questions. If he's the pick I wouldn't be upset. I would rather go defense first.

I really like Jarrad Davis and I really like Forrest Lamp. If it were me, I'd go with Lamp since I absolutely don't trust Larsen and Bushrod at guard. Plus, if Pouncey goes down, Larsen is likely to move to center since he's played there before.

I really like Jarrad Davis and I really like Forrest Lamp. If it were me, I'd go with Lamp since I absolutely don't trust Larsen and Bushrod at guard. Plus, if Pouncey goes down, Larsen is likely to move to center since he's played there before.
I like Davis too...but in the second round. And he might still be there at 54

1. Forrest Lamp- rounds out the OL unit, instant LG starter, Larsen swing C/G.

2. Budda Baker- FS/Nickel instant upgrade to secondary, such a force. Quick twitch heavy hitter and great blitzer, him in the slot would be huge for this defense.

3. Jordan Willis- high effort pass rusher, would love to see how he plays in the wide-9, guy reminds me of Wake/Strahan.

4. Malik McDowell- Only truly if BPA. If he bought in to our system, with Phillips also stepping up, we would be LETHAL on the line. I think that 3-man rotation would be very dynamic, you could play them all at once in a 3-4 , with Wake off the edge, and be pretty formidable.

5. David Njoku- Special talent, so many weapons on offense if we grab this guy.

Jordan Willis is not a loud or boisterous individual. At the 2017 NFL Scouting Combine, Willis spoke with a calm and confident, but controlled demeanor.

One day later, he attacked the turf at Lucas Oil Stadium as if it had personally offended him.

Willis, a defensive end out of Kansas State, posted arguably the most impressive workout of any edge rusher in the 2017 NFL Draft class at the Combine, showing the explosiveness and speed that made him the Big XII Defensive Player of the Year in 2016. Take a look at the numbers:

4.53-second 40-yard dash with 1.54-second 10-yard split
39” vertical jump
10’5” broad jump
6.85-second 3-cone drill
4.28-second short shuttle
To make things more impressive, he posted all of those numbers after measuring in at 6-foot-4 and 255 pounds, putting him squarely in the running to be labeled a “Force Player” by Bleacher Report’s Justis Mosqueda.

This is the guy!

Peppers. I just love the idea of having him back there with Howard and Jones for years to come. Gives the defense lots of options and even gives us multiple options as to who will be covering all these talented TEs that are en vogue in the league. Go Peppers in the 1st, LB in the 2nd.

Back
Top Bottom