If Griese out plays Fiedler this pre-season, should Griese start? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Griese out plays Fiedler this pre-season, should Griese start?

I think it would be a huge mistake to start Griese. If he comes here in June, I don't think he will have enough time to learn the system. Also, he would have missed almost all of the offseason workouts and a few minicamps as well.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I think it would be a huge mistake to start Griese. If he comes here in June, I don't think he will have enough time to learn the system. Also, he would have missed almost all of the offseason workouts and a few minicamps as well.

I think the odds are against that happening as well. 1st he has to be healthy, which at this point is still very much in doubt. He's had 3 inuries to that shoulder, how much of that shoulder is even in shape or ready for the NFL any more? Can he pass a physical?

I'm not even going to talk about his drinking problem that has effected his football career 2 times in the past already.

If Griese is healthy I hope he comes in here with the attitude that he will contend for the starting job next off-season, or if Fiedler goes down with injury this year. If he doesn't have the right attitude he may just crash and burn and that's not good for anyone concerned.

Oliver...

I don't think he has a chance in hell. You don't learn Norv's system in 3 months and Jay has a year and a half head start on him.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
I don't think he has a chance in hell. You don't learn Norv's system in 3 months and Jay has a year and a half head start on him.

What you don't think the ppl who say that Denver runs a complicated offense, and because of that he should have no problem with our system aren't correct? :D

Oliver...

i don't know what people see in this drunk bum with an f-ed up shoulder anyway, like my man said up top, shanahan aint cuttin him loose for plummer because of nothing. he had smith, Mc, shannon, best o-line in football, and CP and didn't do jack, why is he gonna be a 'star' here?

Originally posted by Phishstix
i don't know what people see in this drunk bum with an f-ed up shoulder anyway,

Now you see why I flip on fools sometimes? :rolleyes:

YUP

I agree 100%

Originally posted by Oliver

What you don't think the ppl who say that Denver runs a complicated offense, and because of that he should have no problem with our system aren't correct? :D

Oliver...

I hope that was sarcasm....so hard to tell on the net. Did he learn their offense in 3 months? I doubt not. It's an entirely new system that he has to come in and learn. Remember the stuff Jay was talking about last year? That is the same stuff Griese will have to do all the while trying to compete with someone who has a 1 1/2 year head start.

I hope that was sarcasm....so hard to tell on the net. Did he learn their offense in 3 months? I doubt not. It's an entirely new system that he has to come in and learn. Remember the stuff Jay was talking about last year? That is the same stuff Griese will have to do all the while trying to compete with someone who has a 1 1/2 year head start.

Yeah man it was. Just because you have learned a complicated system that does not mean you can learn another complicated system in 2-4 weeks.

I was being very sarcastic.

Oliver...

well, I think Jay will start on opening day unless Griese has an incredible preseason. Having said that, I think Griese could start at some point this year regarless of whether Jay gets hurt of not. In any event, I fell better about Griese being the back up or starting as oposed to Lucas.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Now you see why I flip on fools sometimes? :rolleyes:

No.....That's his opinion...it really has nothing to do with you....you could debate him but "flipping" on him would be wrong on your part. :D

The only way I see Griese starting is an injury. Jay knows the team and it's system better. He SHOULD start even if Griese does well in the preseason. Remember, how well Lucas did in the preseason?

Originally posted by inFINSible

No.....That's his opinion...it really has nothing to do with you....you could debate him but "flipping" on him would be wrong on your part. :D

No, this dude comes out with "F-ed up drunk bum" or whatever.. that's funny how that's all he has to say..

Originally posted by breckenridge55
Lucas outplayed Fiedler last year, supposedly. How did that turn out?

Actually, the only people who believed Lucas outplayed Fiedler were the fans. If you all can recall, reports coming out of mini-camps and training camp last season reported that Fiedler was far and away the best QB out there. I never doubted Wanny's decision to start Jay then, when everyone was calling for Ray, and I certainly know he made the right decision now.

If Griese comes here, picks up the offense quick enough, and outplays Fiedler in mini-camps and training camp, where it matters, he will win the starting job. I have no doubt in my mind that Wanny will out the best player on the field. However, most people are EXPECTING that to happen, when the reality is that it is very unlikely.......

Back
Top Bottom