If griese starts, we're finished | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If griese starts, we're finished

Chambers34Phins

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I can see that the talks are starting to heat up.... again. But I am a firm believe in not changing your qb during the season. It leads to many problems, and we dont even know how Griese will preform. I mean, everyone wanted Lucas in last year, he got his chance after Fiedler went down, and look how well that turned out.

I want to see Griese start, but not this year.

I knew someone would bring up that point. It was one of the RARE cases it worked out. But in the end it didn't really. They didn't even make the playoffs the following year. And Bledsoe went crazy over in Buffalo. If I were a pats fan I know I would rather have buffalo. Most people have cuaght onto brady by now, he is not that great of a qb anymore.

I agree bledsoe is better but it did work out for them because the won a SB. It can work out if you have a solid backup QB. Another example, Tommy Maddox

My XFL buddy lol. But Stewart wasn't really a hot pickup, he is on the downward spiral of his career, I wouldn't call that a good enough example.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
I can see that the talks are starting to heat up.... again. But I am a firm believe in not changing your qb during the season. It leads to many problems, and we dont even know how Griese will preform. I mean, everyone wanted Lucas in last year, he got his chance after Fiedler went down, and look how well that turned out.

I want to see Griese start, but not this year.

I believe that if players call themselves professionals they should be able to adjust if one player is changed in the lineup. Granted, the QB is the pivotal player in the offense. That said, if the backup is capable it should take the team at most 4 games to get back up to speed.

Griese should not be starting unless 1) Fiedler is hurt or 2) the team goes into a tailspin and loses a game or two (or mroe), in which Fiedler plays poorly. All of the examples of back-ups coming in and teams being successful are because of one (or both) or those reasons. Miami should be no different.

It doesn't matter if your a good team or not, you shouldn't be fiddling with the qb position in the middle of the season. It usually generates problems..... good team or not.

i wouldn't wait more than two quarters to put greise in........and even if griese wins the game...fiedler starts..........but if he flubs two quarters....back in with griese......and if he wins the game again........then start griese!.....but i agree......you don't take out fiedler.......until fiedler begins to mess up........bottom line though.....HE has to get the offence to score points........

STOP IT!!

Here's an idea.... get over Brian Griese. Jay Fiedler, with all his imperfections is exactly the type of QB we need in Miami. The Phins need a guy that can WIN. The Phins need a smart player.... a guy that can make plays when it counts. That is Jay Fiedler. Is he gonna beat you by going 32-45 for 350 yards with 5 td pass's, umm... probably not. But thats a different guy. What we have here, is a ball controll team. Solid defence, killer rushing, and a passing attack that has to be respected, if its not, Jay can do some damage. Is Griese going to be able to come in and fit with our offence? Is he going to get out of the pocket and throw on the run like Jay? Is he going to be able to fire up our team with his inspired play? No. No. No. Jay is our guy... so deal with it. Furthermore, apprieciate what he does for an organization that has fans that would rather have Ray ****ing Lucas under center when he starts to struggle lightly.
The one thing I would like to see Fiedler improve on, is the deep ball with man to man coverage. He reads it, and he thoughs it, But seems not to be in sync with the recievers, and vice-versa. But... he's working on it, and will get it.
Honestly, Im sure you can name a bunch of QBs you'd rather have as a Dolphin, but who fits us better? No one.... Fiedler isnt Dan, but right now, and for years to come... he's the Man in Miami.

Spazzo.

I still think fiedler should be starting, im just saying if he gets injured i think were still in good shape

Back
Top Bottom