If griese starts, we're finished | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If griese starts, we're finished

Originally posted by t2thejz
I still think fiedler should be starting, im just saying if he gets injured i think were still in good shape
I am with you, for 4 reasons
  1. Ricky Williams
  2. Solid D
  3. Solid STs
  4. Griese is not Ray Lucas
    [/list=1]

If Griese does get a chance to play this season, some of you might love him because of his big pla ability he brings to the passing game where he's very accurate on the long bombs and some might not like him for his inability to run like Fiedler and avoid a sack..

Griese should definetely have this offense down and should have it memorized like the back of his hand..

Fiedler is the guy for this offense.. or "Wannstedt's guy", but I would really like to see Griese play if Fiedler does not expand this offense other than it's "Run Ricky Run" mantra..

If Ricky is given the ball like he is with Fiedler in, I believe Griese would hit Chambers, McKnight or McMichael deep 7 out of 10 times with opposing defenses sellin out on the run..

But that's just me...

Fiedler has to take advantage of all the chances the guy get with Ricky back there. No he is not the best for this offense he is the only reasonable thing you have seen in this offense. Lucas does not count.

Aikman was the best QB of this offense ever. There is no question to it.

Fiedler isn't the prolific pocket passer we are used to, and not many people like his style. But you can't deny the facts..... he wins football games with this team.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
If Griese does get a chance to play this season, some of you might love him because of his big pla ability he brings to the passing game where he's very accurate on the long bombs and some might not like him for his inability to run like Fiedler and avoid a sack..

Griese should definetely have this offense down and should have it memorized like the back of his hand..

Fiedler is the guy for this offense.. or "Wannstedt's guy", but I would really like to see Griese play if Fiedler does not expand this offense other than it's "Run Ricky Run" mantra..

If Ricky is given the ball like he is with Fiedler in, I believe Griese would hit Chambers, McKnight or McMichael deep 7 out of 10 times with opposing defenses sellin out on the run..

But that's just me...

I would agree with you, if you were talking about the early griese, but he did not impress me at all in his later days as a bronco. He became inaccurate and slow in making decisions. But I think that can change, and I think it will, but I dont think he deserves the chance this year.

kerry collins made a mess of his early career with the giants......he then turned things around..a very dangerous man with the right weapons......i wonder if griese will take this opportunity with the dolphins.........and become dangerous again.....

I can very well see that happening. I am in favor of starting Griese next year, if he beats out Fiedler, which I think he will. I think Griese can turn into a great qb, but I do not thing now is the time to put him in.

Griese won't be back next year and I rather see Sage get a shot.This year is obviusly make or break year for Fiedler.At the end of year the DOlphins could be looking for a new starting QB and it might be neither QB.

How can you be so sure Griese won't be back. And I don't want to see sage have a chance, from what little I have seen of him, I dont think he has what it takes to be a starter, he has been in the back up role and he is doing a good job.

Well now that's pretty stupid actually. Both of those statements. Griese could be back for all we know with a re-structuring. Sage has the needed talent and has shown only good in his chances at QB. No offense but seriously how do you know he cannot be a starter?

Fiedler is decent but isn't going to make defenses respect the passing game. Even the Giants knew that and pursued Ricky like he was the only offensive player on the team (i.e. the McKnight reverse). If it wasn't for the reverse, the outcome could have been different since the passing was subpar. And Miami can't keep running reverses. Since our offensive line can't help ricky, we need Griese to at least make defenders think about putting some men on our wide recievers.

Originally posted by Jaj
Well now that's pretty stupid actually. Both of those statements. Griese could be back for all we know with a re-structuring. Sage has the needed talent and has shown only good in his chances at QB. No offense but seriously how do you know he cannot be a starter?

Why would Griese be back?Is not like he was impressive and yes he was learning a new offense but I'm talking about his attributes.Of course there a chance that Griese could be back but I think is best for both sides to explore other options.I said that I would prefer Sage getting a shot over Griese anyday to be Dolphins starting QB.I actually like Sage and I think he could become starting QB but if Fiedler doesn't get his act together;I would prefer to look at FA since there so good Qb's that will be available at a affordable range(Tim Couch,Kurt Warner and Mark Brunell).

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Jaj

I think you are the one that is an idiot.... do you even read the crap you write? Sage has fallen into the back up role for to long, he wont be a starter anywhere, and def. not for miami. If he ever becomes a starter he will be much worse then fiedler. We are doing the same thing to him the pats did with Mike Bishop, look at him now....

I never called you an idiot. Second of all he is in his third year, give me a break.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins

I think you are the one that is an idiot

Didn't he just call me an idiot too? Okay, you're the smartesr poster on Finheaven. I admit it. Actually, you may be smarter than TJ. Why don't you write ESPN and try to get a "W34P's Weekly Take"?

Someone needs a vacation. Don't worry either, it's free..

Back
Top Bottom