If Griese was picked up...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Griese was picked up......

MIADolFan

Starter
Reaction score
Do you guys think he would be a much better player than he was in Denver???

I think so... he has a hell of a lot more stock in the dolphins and his father being part of the 72 team. I think the effort put in to the game on his part would sky rocket.

Just look at Ricky... all it took was to go to a team he liked and cared about..... BAM!!! Now hes the NFL rushing leader.

I Think he will fit in well, He has the talent to play in this league and he will not be looked upon by the whole country to be the guy(the Star) on the football team. That is alot of pressure for a young guy. Here we have RICKY!! PLus we have a great supporting cast with our O-line, chambers, konrad and others!
I hope we get him

Originally posted by MIADolFan
he made the Pro Bowl a few years back. All he has to do is return to form and not even improve. When is the last time we have a QB go to the Pro Bowl...

The key to Brian Griese success would be working with the best Offensive Coordinator in the business..

Don't forget that in Denver he had to replace Elway.

We all know that replacing a legend (ask Fiedler...) is not easy.

Griese would not have the same pressure in Miami. A lot of people think that he would have to face the pressure of being the second Griese in the house, but it's been 20 years now (don't know exactly how) and there are a lot of new fans. I'm 25 years old and I've been watching the Dolphins the last 12-15 years, so I haven't seen Bob Griese play.

What do we have to loose with him ? Nothing. Maybe he will become the next Griese ...

not even had to replace elway but played in his first game against miami at monday night with a guy called dan marino on the other team, i think we ripped them like 38-20 although griese opened the game with a long td pass over the middle to mccaffrey, wasn´t that the season were buckley had 9 picks ?

Deinitely think he will be okay. He just became disenchanted when the Broncos made it clear he wasn't welcome anymore.

He has always been a success and has the talent to be a Pro Bowler again. He just needs the right fit and this is it.

I think the dude just has to stay away from the drink. I mean he (probably) doesn't have a drinking problem by a normal mans standards but by football standards he does because it affected his performance on the field, gave him injuries, and teammates lost faith in him because they didn't think he was very dedicated to the team if he's lettin somethin small like havin a drink every now and then affect his performance and availability.

I still think he has talent. And I think the only reason he let somethin stupid like alcohol effect his performance and team chemistry, might be the enormous pressure of replacing a hall of famer who had just brought the Broncos to the promised land twice in a row.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Deinitely think he will be okay. He just became disenchanted when the Broncos made it clear he wasn't welcome anymore.

He has always been a success and has the talent to be a Pro Bowler again. He just needs the right fit and this is it.

Exactly.

Look at my signature....Feidler + Greise = SuperBowl Champions! :party:

Originally posted by MIADolFan

I think so... he has a hell of a lot more stock in the dolphins and his father being part of the 72 team. I think the effort put in to the game on his part would sky rocket.

Just look at Ricky... all it took was to go to a team he liked and cared about..... BAM!!! Now hes the NFL rushing leader.

It's very possible. 1st he has to put aside his drinking and tripping over his dog act. That didn't work in Denver and it most certainly won't fly down here in Miami.

After saying all that Griese will garner much more fan support than Jay ever has, and that is no small thing, it's very important IMO. If Griese can be patient, he could find himself the starting QB either after a Fiedler injury this year or at the start of the 2004 season.

He has every opportunity to make it in the NFL in this town for obvious reasons. It's his to screw up.

My only concern with Griese is that if he is coming here and thinking he will be the starter the start of the 2003 season, and if he does not win the job will he be the good soldier like Lucas was?

Oliver...

It will all depend on his drinking. If he stops drinking he has a chance to return to form, if not who knows how far he falls.

Parrot, I don't think there are different standards for football players and regular people. Any individual who had the same amount of drinking related instances as Griese would be considered to have a drinking problem.

Hopefully we have nothing to lose by signing him because it's very apparent that you need at least two QB's in today's NFL.

Back
Top Bottom