If I were Dave Wannstadt I WOULD start Griese this Monday Night. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If I were Dave Wannstadt I WOULD start Griese this Monday Night.

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Its basically a Win/Win..

Griese will either:

-Fall flat on his face, thus solidifying Fiedler's status as the STARTING QB and have everyone stand behind him.

-Ignite the offense

Plus, We are playing San Diego, a team Griese is familliar with and is quite frankly not that good right now (Especially the defense)

Plus, Fiedler could use the rest..

agreed...i think we as dolphin fans need that.........i really think griese is a better qb....but of course mcaffrey can make most qb's look good........fiedler filled marino's shoes and griese filled elway's i think.......big shoes to fill on both sides

i think griese is a smarter qb....i hope we get the opportunity to have griese in the game.....

I'll go out on a limb and make a prediction right now: if Griese gets the start and IF he lights up the offense and plays well, Fiedler will not get his job back. (Okay, so it's a short limb. :D )

at this point it is up to Jay and the trainers, i.e. if he practices, he will start

If Fiedler is unable to practice for part of the week because of his injury, the Dolphins won't be able to work with him on the deep passing game.

''If he's got to miss practice, then you're talking about a whole new set of circumstances,'' Wannstedt said.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7064035.htm

Originally posted by dolphan39
at this point it is up to Jay and the trainers, i.e. if he practices, he will start

That's all coachspeak. If Wanny wants to get a look at Griese behind center, the trainers will be told to decide that Fiedler can't practice.

We need soemthing to spark the Offense.

We got some o-Line changes and a New QB should be fun to watch.

|
|
|
V

So I've read in the article that Griese has been doing some practice in the last couple of weeks BUT...

Does anyone know if he REALLY is recovered from his injury. I thought he wasn't suppose to be back until much later. What if Fiedler is not really injured in hopes that Griese has to play not at 100% which might result in failing and then people clamoring for Fiedler's return. What if?

I wondered about the idea that Fiedler isnt injured myself.

He never got hit hard enough in the game to be taken out and I dont remember seeing him twist anything. Maybe its all in his confidence. Ie: His confidence is shot to **** so his back hurts.

Who knows what the heck is wrong.

Originally posted by SkapePhin
Its basically a Win/Win..

Griese will either:

-Fall flat on his face, thus solidifying Fiedler's status as the STARTING QB and have everyone stand behind him.

-Ignite the offense

Plus, We are playing San Diego, a team Griese is familliar with and is quite frankly not that good right now (Especially the defense)

Plus, Fiedler could use the rest..

i'm going the other way with this and say it's not necessarily a win/win deal. Suppose Griese implodes, possible, and Fiedler is the no doubt about it starter. What do we do next yr? Cut griese, obviously, and let Fiedler's big $$$ kick in. Think he's worth that??

Otherwise, you make a good point!! ;)

Originally posted by dolphan39

Wannstedt will no doubr use this to his advantage. If Fiedler "can't" practice then he'll "have" to start Griese (everyone knows he's looking for the right chance). If griese flops then Wannstedt CYOA and say something like, if Fiedler wasn't injured, then he would've started that game, thus not having to look like the dork he really is.

Originally posted by RikWriter

That's all coachspeak. If Wanny wants to get a look at Griese behind center, the trainers will be told to decide that Fiedler can't practice.

BINGO !!! :D :D

Originally posted by MacAttack
We need soemthing to spark the Offense.

We got some o-Line changes and a New QB should be fun to watch.

|
|
|
V

You know what would be interesting?? Say that Jay "can't" go, Brian starts and lights up the joint for a ton of points. All of us would be behind Brian to do well just as we're all behind Jay (yes, even the anti-Jay guys) because we're all Fins fans first and then players fans next. Anyway, could you imagine all the hype and such that would bound to be going on next week?? But it would be something good to "have" to put up with tho !!

Originally posted by Dolfan02
So I've read in the article that Griese has been doing some practice in the last couple of weeks BUT...

Does anyone know if he REALLY is recovered from his injury. I thought he wasn't suppose to be back until much later. What if Fiedler is not really injured in hopes that Griese has to play not at 100% which might result in failing and then people clamoring for Fiedler's return. What if?

This could be true also and purposely setting any player up to fail should result in Wannstedt being strung up by his balls on either goal post for all 75000 to see, and on nat'l TV as well !!

Ya.. I am sure wannstedt would purposely set his backup QB for failure.. He just WANTS to be fired ya'know! :\

Back
Top Bottom