If it is true that Seattle and Indy would take....... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If it is true that Seattle and Indy would take.......

MikeO said:
Jesus christ, if we trade our 2nd rounder then pretty much all we have to pay is our 1st round pick and our 3rd round pick. Every guy we take after that is playing for esentially no money.

We have money. That isn't an issue anymore.

Hell how much money do they save if they trade down from the #2 to 5 or 7?

PhinPhreak said:
Hell how much money do they save if they trade down from the #2 to 5 or 7?

Some. Does it matter? Look, we have money. The cap can be manipulated. We can re-work deals. Cut dead weight. We just cleard $6 mill. This isn't even an issue. People are making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

Getting Henry would make sense for you guys. He's only 1.6 Million for next year, and he's one hell of a back.

That being said I doubt it would happen.

Losman7 said:
Getting Henry would make sense for you guys. He's only 1.6 Million for next year, and he's one hell of a back.

One hell of a backup?

He was rooked out of the starting spot in Buffalo that he EARNED and performed EXCEPTIONAL in. McGahee looks good, but it still is BS what they did to Henry.

And I love to hear Bills fans act like McGahee is sooooo much better than the 1300-1500 back they had before

Getting Larry Johnson along with the 15th pick makes more sense...and he has alot less wear on those tires. He has the same capabilites as Ronnie Brown.

fishypete said:
Getting Larry Johnson along with the 15th pick makes more sense...and he has alot less wear on those tires. He has the same capabilites as Ronnie Brown.

Larry Johnson sucks! Like all Penn St RB's who have come out the past 15 years.

We shouldn't trade away draft picks for guys who only have a couple of great years left. James is an injury waiting to happen, and Alexander is great in Seattle, but might not be Miami, we don't have walter jones to pave the way.

I would rather draft someone who will cost little money than pay a boat load for a RB.

MikeO said:
Some. Does it matter? Look, we have money. The cap can be manipulated. We can re-work deals. Cut dead weight. We just cleard $6 mill. This isn't even an issue. People are making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

That's what I am saying, if they trade down that even gives them more savings from the #2 pick to use.

Losman7 said:

Definitely makes more sense. Henry is cheaper and Bills are only asking for a 3rd rounder. He also is a probowl caliber back when healthy, and has a chip on his shoulder b/c nobody seems to be interested and he doesn't want to play for buffalo. With henry, gordan, morris and minor we have a decent backfield w/ depth.

It leaves our options more open on draft day w/ a one and two rounder to play with. We can always pick up a rb in next years draft. Edge and alexander are better backs but they are too much money and Saban would not give our second rd pick we just got for them.

I know what the cap issues are, but I agree, you trade that 2nd for either Alexander or James and get Either Smith if available or Edwards, and our offense has just improved drastically, that combined with a Scott Linehan's new offense could instantly make us a playoff contender if the first year. It will be interesting and fun to see what happens tomorrow. Nick has a plan and we'll see if it's really a 2-3 year plan or a fix everything asap and get back to being a playoff team immediately tomorrow. How fun is all of this?

Look, we are not going to win the Super Bowl next year. Saban is looking for us to contend 2-3 years down the line. By that time Edge and Alexander will be that much older, all the while we are paying them huge bucks. A much better strategy is to try and pluck a gem out of the draft. Why pay a veteran massive money in a draft deep with RB's? No way Saban goes after either one of these two.

fishypete said:

KC will not get rid of LJ. They cant, with priest injured tthe last 2 yrs. Vermiel can talk a lot of S*** about him but he is a good back that will take the reigns when priest leaves.

if we are drafting one of the big 3 backs, we won't be paying them LITTLE money... it'll be close to what edge and alexander make.

MikeO said:
Larry Johnson sucks! Like all Penn St RB's who have come out the past 15 years.

Sorry..saying he sucks after running for over 2000 yds in one season at Penn St...and carrying over a 4.0 ypc avg in his limited playing time as a Chief is foolish on your part. I know personally some here when Larry Johnson was in the draft...would have done flips if the Dolphins drafted him...of course now...those same person's wouldn't want him. Larry Johnson just needs a change of address...and some reps. If the rumor I heard comes true...we'll see Larry Johnson in a Dolphin uni.

Back
Top Bottom