If it is true that Seattle and Indy would take....... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If it is true that Seattle and Indy would take.......

Losman7 said:
Getting Henry would make sense for you guys. He's only 1.6 Million for next year, and he's one hell of a back.

That being said I doubt it would happen.

As much as I am in favor of Alexander, I do like the price point bargain of Henry. I was just thinking.. in this market... his pick compensation could be lowered to a 3rd.

I'd love to have 1200yard back for $2M/year vs. 1500yard back for $5M/year. Linehan's offense does not reward the 1500yard back as much as other's do. Henry would be a very nice fit for us. With Gordon, Morris and Minor, we would have a very capable and cheap backfield for his offense.

I just don't know how willing Saban is to jettison a draft pick after just acquiring one. I think much of it would hinge on our plans and ability to execute those plans @ #2.

NYinBostonFin said:
KC will not get rid of LJ. They cant, with priest injured tthe last 2 yrs. Vermiel can talk a lot of S*** about him but he is a good back that will take the reigns when priest leaves.

He can't? Sure he can...if he feels it will better his team in the long run. The Chiefs problem isn't offense..it's defense...and with Surtain now aboard...the chiefs have one player most likely in mind....but they need to trade up to make sure that they can acquire him...that player more than likely is D. Johnson.

It would seem like a good idea because certainly as of right now there is no back in the draft as good as these two (or at least as proven). HOwever, WE ARE NOT GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL this year so let's keep our eyes more towards the future. Sign a rookie in the draft instead of paying huge bucks for a RB nearing 30 years of age!

Not to say that I'd be totally upset if we did get one of them for a 2nd or a 3rd but I don't think it is the proper move (and I think Nick realizes this).

phatmatt said:
It would seem like a good idea because certainly as of right now there is no back in the draft as good as these two (or at least as proven). HOwever, WE ARE NOT GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL this year so let's keep our eyes more towards the future. Sign a rookie in the draft instead of paying huge bucks for a RB nearing 30 years of age!

Not to say that I'd be totally upset if we did get one of them for a 2nd or a 3rd but I don't think it is the proper move (and I think Nick realizes this).

Do you really believe Saban cares what anyone thinks? It's his team...and Wayne has given him full control.

fishypete said:
He can't? Sure he can...if he feels it will better his team in the long run. The Chiefs problem isn't offense..it's defense...and with Surtain now aboard...the chiefs have one player most likely in mind....but they need to trade up to make sure that they can acuire him...that player more than likely is D. Johnson.

Who will go in when holmes goes down again? I know the line makes anyone look good but it made LJ look like a monster instantly.

NYinBostonFin said:
Who will go in when holmes goes down again? I know the line makes anyone look good but it made LJ look like a monster instantly.

They have other running backs...and nothing doesn't say that they can find one in the later rounds...maybe Clarrett?

If we can trade down manana, i say pick up Alexander or Henry, snatch a playmaker on offense(williamson ?), and load up on yound defensive talent with the other picks.

fishypete said:
They have other running backs...and nothing doesn't say that they can find one in the later rounds...maybe Clarrett?

You're not serious, are you?

Back
Top Bottom