If its Rogers that isn't a bad thing

sports24/7

Bleeder of Aqua and Orange
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Messages
3,146
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Location
Miami
I really don't get the uproar of people who think taking Rogers would be such a bad pick. I know some people don't think the QB's this year are as good as some years, but this guy is a good player with no real weaknesses. There are alot of people who like Smith on this board and Rogers and Smith are rated very close. I just hope if it is Rogers there isn't an uproar from the fans like there was in Philly when McNabb was picked. If he is the pick I hope he is at least given a chance before he is run out of town.
 

Jnaledu3

Perennial All-Pro
Joined
Nov 12, 2003
Messages
2,639
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Fort Lauderdale
I think it would be great. Rodgers was originally considered the best QB coming out of college (even better than Lienart). Smith hasnt gotten all this hype until recently.
 

mario88vega

Starter
Joined
Jan 15, 2005
Messages
361
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Miami FL
I just have a bad feeling about him, he has bust written all over him, i may be wrong, it's just a gut feeling.........
 

NJFINSFAN1

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
24,024
Reaction score
1
Age
56
Location
Northern NJ
sports24/7 said:
I really don't get the uproar of people who think taking Rogers would be such a bad pick. I know some people don't think the QB's this year are as good as some years, but this guy is a good player with no real weaknesses. There are alot of people who like Smith on this board and Rogers and Smith are rated very close. I just hope if it is Rogers there isn't an uproar from the fans like there was in Philly when McNabb was picked. If he is the pick I hope he is at least given a chance before he is run out of town.
I would be very upset!

Brown, C & M Williams, Edwards, Benson, Merriman, Johnson amongst others would be better picks then rodgers!
 

ryoung8918

Starter
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
195
Reaction score
0
Location
Orange County, CA
Anybody who can complete 23 straight passes against the National Champs is certainly worth a long look. I saw that game, and talking to my brother-in-law (also a Miami fan) lamenting that Miami needed a QB like this but would never get a chance because we'd draft too low. (shows what I know!)

I'm not a scout, but if Saban thinks Rodgers deserves the #2 overall, I'm ok with it.
 

sports24/7

Bleeder of Aqua and Orange
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Messages
3,146
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Location
Miami
NJFINSFAN1 said:
I would be very upset!

Brown, C & M Williams, Edwards, Benson, Merriman, Johnson amongst others would be better picks then rodgers!
Why would you be upset? I keep hearing this from people, but we need a good young QB to biuld around. It all starts at the QB spot and Rogers is a good one. I honestly think he is very similar to David Carr and I remember thinking last year how bad I would want a QB like that.
 

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
18,226
Reaction score
2,669
Location
Weeki Wachee, Florida
mario88vega said:
I just have a bad feeling about him, he has bust written all over him, i may be wrong, it's just a gut feeling.........
Why does he have bust written all over him?

He has a powerful, accurate arm, he runs a 4.7 40, he has excellent mechanics. For those that call him robotic looking, so does Peyton Manning.

The only quarterback to beat USC in the last two years.
 
Top Bottom