If its Rogers that isn't a bad thing

sports24/7

Bleeder of Aqua and Orange
Reaction score
I really don't get the uproar of people who think taking Rogers would be such a bad pick. I know some people don't think the QB's this year are as good as some years, but this guy is a good player with no real weaknesses. There are alot of people who like Smith on this board and Rogers and Smith are rated very close. I just hope if it is Rogers there isn't an uproar from the fans like there was in Philly when McNabb was picked. If he is the pick I hope he is at least given a chance before he is run out of town.

Jnaledu3

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I think it would be great. Rodgers was originally considered the best QB coming out of college (even better than Lienart). Smith hasnt gotten all this hype until recently.

mario88vega

Starter
Reaction score
I just have a bad feeling about him, he has bust written all over him, i may be wrong, it's just a gut feeling.........

NJFINSFAN1

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
sports24/7 said:
I really don't get the uproar of people who think taking Rogers would be such a bad pick. I know some people don't think the QB's this year are as good as some years, but this guy is a good player with no real weaknesses. There are alot of people who like Smith on this board and Rogers and Smith are rated very close. I just hope if it is Rogers there isn't an uproar from the fans like there was in Philly when McNabb was picked. If he is the pick I hope he is at least given a chance before he is run out of town.
I would be very upset!

Brown, C & M Williams, Edwards, Benson, Merriman, Johnson amongst others would be better picks then rodgers!

ryoung8918

Starter
Reaction score
Anybody who can complete 23 straight passes against the National Champs is certainly worth a long look. I saw that game, and talking to my brother-in-law (also a Miami fan) lamenting that Miami needed a QB like this but would never get a chance because we'd draft too low. (shows what I know!)

I'm not a scout, but if Saban thinks Rodgers deserves the #2 overall, I'm ok with it.

sports24/7

Bleeder of Aqua and Orange
Reaction score
NJFINSFAN1 said:
I would be very upset!

Brown, C & M Williams, Edwards, Benson, Merriman, Johnson amongst others would be better picks then rodgers!
Why would you be upset? I keep hearing this from people, but we need a good young QB to biuld around. It all starts at the QB spot and Rogers is a good one. I honestly think he is very similar to David Carr and I remember thinking last year how bad I would want a QB like that.

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
mario88vega said:
I just have a bad feeling about him, he has bust written all over him, i may be wrong, it's just a gut feeling.........
Why does he have bust written all over him?

He has a powerful, accurate arm, he runs a 4.7 40, he has excellent mechanics. For those that call him robotic looking, so does Peyton Manning.

The only quarterback to beat USC in the last two years.

Top Bottom