If Jay is Traded? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Jay is Traded?

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What could we expect for him. Considering his record, and seeing we gave a 2nd (or 3rd) for a back-ups back-up. What could we get for a quater back with one of the highest winning records over the past four years???????? 1st rounder maybe????

I'm not expecting anything but would be happy if we could get a pick for him in any round. He's as good as gone anyway so any pick we can get for him would be great.

Ozzy rules!!

I don't think Fiedler will be traded. Dallas, Tampa, Oakland, and the 4th team will probably just wait until he's released. He's not gonna be as hot of a commodity as Brunell was.

BTW, was that 4th team the Chargers?

Conditional pick if a team decides they do not want to go through FA. Trading for a player "guarantees" his acquisition. If Fiedler is released, he's then available to all.

That's right clump, that's the reason a team would want to trade for him. We didn't wanna wait so we made the trade for AJ so there might be a team wanting Jay that don't wanna wait so a trade is posible but I'd think the most we'd get would be a second day pick.

Ozzy rules!!

Not being a capologist I'm not sure of the ramifications, but wouldn't trading Fiedler and his current cap figure cause mucho dead cap weight? Besides, who would trade for him with his current contract unless a renegotiation were an intregal part of the deal?

since you just traded for a quarterback it's obvious you arent happy with him, so no one is going to approach you for a quarterback you might release.

Originally posted by deadpoolX
since you just traded for a quarterback it's obvious you arent happy with him, so no one is going to approach you for a quarterback you might release.

Then why would Washington get Brunell if they were happy with Ramsey?? Same scenario right?? Ramsey commands more coin and value though.

Gibbs has said he was not going to release or trade Ramsey, i havent heard anyone from the dolphins organization say the same thing about fiedler. also, ramsey is a young qb, who has upside, something fiedler has none of. he's had a team that was playoff caliber and has done nothing with them, except get himself injured.

Back
Top Bottom