If Jay is Traded? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Jay is Traded?

Originally posted by deadpoolX
since you just traded for a quarterback it's obvious you arent happy with him, so no one is going to approach you for a quarterback you might release.

Well, the entire league knew that Mark Brunell was getting released this offseason, but the Redskins moved in with a trade offer to make it happen for them.

If I'm not mistaken, Fiedler is due a roster bonus sometime in March (can someone help me with the date?), so he will presumably be cut the day before if a deal can't be worked out. But I don't think it's unreasonable that some team would give up a 4th or 5th rounder for him.

Well, if we'd give a 2nd, conditional 1st for a 3rd stringer whose only played in 5 games... using that same logic, another team will probably give us two #1s for a 5-yr vet with a 60%+ winning percentage, right? I mean, surely every other management team is as competent as Miami's, right?

Originally posted by 95340
What could we expect for him. Considering his record, and seeing we gave a 2nd (or 3rd) for a back-ups back-up. What could we get for a quater back with one of the highest winning records over the past four years???????? 1st rounder maybe????

expect anything at all, but not a 1st, more than likely a conditional 6th or 7th. if he was SO valuable, wouldn't it be a safe assumption that someone would have inquired about him already. It ain't like this is some big surprise in the league. Everyone knows he was good as gone anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK, It has been rumored that Jay will restructure OR be released....not just released......Gone, maybe, forgone conclusion, hardly.

Originally posted by Maggot Brain
Not being a capologist I'm not sure of the ramifications, but wouldn't trading Fiedler and his current cap figure cause mucho dead cap weight? Besides, who would trade for him with his current contract unless a renegotiation were an intregal part of the deal?

The way I figure it, if he's cut or traded, all his amortized bonus kicks in this yr. Something like 1.1+ for the remaining 3 yrs left or a total of over 3.3. Could be worse but if this roster bonus kicks in, then we are screwed.

I would not be surprised if someone offered the Finz a 2nd rounder...

Whether his stats show his inconsistancies or not, but it will be more likely that teams are probably betting that he will be released and won't have to pay the Finz anything for him...

If anything, there will be a bidding war (small one) for him once he enters FA...

I am sure you will get a :lol: out of that one....;)

lets be honest, we will be lucky to get a conditional 7th for him.

what would you give for a running back that cant run? a wide receiver that cant catch? an offensive lineman that cant block? a linebacker that cant tackle? why would you give a high pick for a guy that cant throw? i know its harsh, but i think jay single handedly set quarterbacking back 25 years. ive seen kids in punt pass and kick competitions that throw a tighter spiral.

Originally posted by mbbransc
Well, if we'd give a 2nd, conditional 1st for a 3rd stringer whose only played in 5 games... using that same logic, another team will probably give us two #1s for a 5-yr vet with a 60%+ winning percentage, right? I mean, surely every other management team is as competent as Miami's, right?

As competent as ours?!? LOL....Thanks, I needed that.

Seriously...if I mean IF we could trade Jay it will be for only a conditional pick between 5-7 rounder. There just isn't really a demand for him. No one sees Jay as their missing piece. He is decent as a care taker to hold down the fort until the real QB arrives or as a back up for a 3-5 game stretch and not wreck your season. Dallas might be interested in him but doubt they would trade for him, but in all honesty the only place I see Jay doing well would be in Pittsburgh. He fits their offensive philosphy better, mid range passing game and run run run.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for offers for Jay...

he won't be released unless we get another QB, but he probably will get traded

IMO Fiedler restructures and is the #2 Feeley starts and if he starts to struggle Wanny will pull him and put Fiedler in and we are right back where we started

I can't talk bad about AJ as most of us can't because I've never seen him play but from what I've heard he might be better then Jay and so what if he sucks at least our team is trying new things out, Jay obviously is not the answer so we are at least trying somebody different

Since we've been ripped off so many times, I think it's only fair we rip someone else off this time...I say the Raiders should give us the #2 pick

Seriously though we'll be lucky to get a 5th or 6th rounder

Originally posted by LIQUID24
Since we've been ripped off so many times, I think it's only fair we rip someone else off this time...I say the Raiders should give us the #2 pick

Seriously though we'll be lucky to get a 5th or 6th rounder

I don't think a 3rd pick is out of the question, after all whoever gets him will be getting a former QB.

All we will get for JF is a ticket to the game of what ever team takes him. And he might not even be worth that.:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom