If Jay leaves

If Jay leaves who would be the qb?

• Find a free agent starter

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Let Mcknown and Lucas battle for the job

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Heres a #1 overall who has arm strength and proven leadership, but is stuck in a backup role: Trent Dilfer

I know he was horrible in Tampa, but he did well in a Baltimore situation similar to our's(If we get a running game)

He also has a good deep ball. Did anybody see him in the QB challenge after last year's Super Bowl? I know it isn't the same as a real game, but he was throwing bullets.

Originally posted by dolfan87

Ryan leaf was second overall...Rick Mirer was...oh never mind. lol

Ryan Leaf played 5 WR sets on tons of plays, it wasn't hard to find an open man.

I am sure he does, just have to wait for him to get back on the boards. :D

And the Winner is...

Lucas and Mcnown to fight it out makes sense to me. The only "franchise" Qb in FA will be Drew Bledsoe and he has a price so high it'll make your nose bleed. ;)

Under Wanny, we are never going to be back to the Marino days where it didn't matter that we had no running game and the defense was stacked against the pass. He's not even going to try and draft that kind of QB for the future.:(

The Dan may never have won the big game, but when he was driving you always had hope...

Re: And the Winner is...

Originally posted by GazPhin
The only "franchise" Qb in FA will be Drew Bledsoe and he has a price so high it'll make your nose bleed. ;)
Bledsoe is not a UFA, it is just likely the Pats would want to trade him and start Brady. Brunnell is also in a similar cap situation with the Jags, but he is their starter, so they are forced to be more creative trying to keep him.

there are no premier QB available thru FA, Jay is the best FA QB out there: http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/offense.htm

i'm not too sure................

but IMHO, brady is just like mitchell, a flash in the pan. i think he'll come down to earth next season!:stooges:

Re: i'm not too sure................

Originally posted by dolfan06
but IMHO, brady is just like mitchell, a flash in the pan. i think he'll come down to earth next season!:stooges:
I do too but if the Pats are gonna start him, they need to trade Bledsoe since they need the money to sign A Smith and others.

Bledsoe's too good a player to be second string to Brady long term, it's a waste of his talent to stay with the Pats as backup. Having found that they can win without his $100m talents they can cash in now.

Doesn't help us tho' cos he's too expensive.:eek:

Brady's clearly good enough though. When your bread and butter is strong D and cool running as the Dolphins coaching team aspires, the QB only has to be good enough.

i forget..........

who pointed this out, but we had one of the best QB's in the history of the game and couldn't get it done, yet the ravens and pats did it, get a good supporting cast and you'll go far. get some bodies to fill that hole, some call an offensive line, and i think the fins can win a few more games. (the o-line was pretty offensive to me this season).

Brady's clearly good enough though. When your bread and butter is strong D and cool running as the Dolphins coaching team aspires, the QB only has to be good enough
:stooges:

Originally posted by dolfan87
I am sure he does, just have to wait for him to get back on the boards. :D

The point is that he always had an open man to throw to. I have school and **** so I usually don't get on here till 6 P.M. EST.

Back
Top Bottom