If Miami Falls Into The Top 5 In The Draft... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Miami Falls Into The Top 5 In The Draft...

levv151

Scout Team
Reaction score
(this is an unlikely scenario unless we bomb out the rest of the season and go O'fer...) but if we do fall into the top 5 or 6 picks would you take Justin Herbert if the were sitting there still?

I say yes, even with all the other needs we have and here is why:
- the game against Stanford...yes, 1 game but it shows the potential this kid has
- cannon of an arm and extremely athletic
- great strides with his anticipation with throwing to receivers before the break...good ball placement into tight spaces

Another scenario I like is trading out of the first round for more picks this year and another 1st rounder in 2020

Just all pipe-dreams at this point but I think he and Haskins will be the first 2 QB's gone off the board in the top 10...and there is good chance we could be sitting there...

I think if that happens Gase and the coaching staff are gone. In that scenario, a quarterback makes even more sense.

I'm turning into a big Haskins fan. He may bring a top 10 pick by the time the draft rolls around with what he is doing this year. He would shine at the combine

It won’t happen.

We’lll find a way to f••k it up again

It's amazing how they can consistently disappoint no matter what you want the outcome to be. Playoffs? Nope. They'll lose that crucial game and dash your hopes. Top 5 pick? Nope! They'll win meaningless games down the stretch and draft #14 overall.

Tannehill will find a way of messing this team again winning a couple games against bad teams. And we end up picking around 20....like some fools believe.

I'm turning into a big Haskins fan. He may bring a top 10 pick by the time the draft rolls around with what he is doing this year. He would shine at the combine
I'm right there with you...i ran a bunch of mock's and most show him going to the Giants before Hebert...I think you're right, he is going to kill it at the combine...

Quinnen Williams from Bama, Greedy Williams from LSU , Rashaun Gary and Devin Bush from Michigan would be on the top of my list before QB.

Quinnen Williams from Bama, Greedy Williams from LSU , Rashaun Gary and Devin Bush from Michigan would be on the top of my list before QB.

Bingo. Quinnen Williams or Greedy Williams would be awesome. Imagine Greedy, Howard and Minkah in the defensive backfield. Then get a DE/DT in the second.

I wouldn’t touch Gary in round one. He should have dominated and was just okay. Williams in round one works for me.

If Suh couldn’t move the needle, why would you expect one of the above to?
This team is stuck in neutral until they upgrade the QB position. Everything else is a distant second.

This team is stuck in neutral until they upgrade the QB position. Everything else is a distant second.

Because Williams can pressure the QB. He’s also a high character guy unlike Suh.

So we should just stop trying to acquire elite talent until the QB is found? Just draft a QB for shits and giggles no matter how the front office grades him out?

I would trade down and pick up a top asset for 2020.

I think there's enough defensive talent here, you could trade down and still get a nice one, if you're discerning.

The extra asset in 2020 could come in handy to address the QB position.

Back
Top Bottom