If Rosen Has....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Rosen Has.......

EasyRider

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
A great season this year and makes us all believe in him........

I still draft a QB with my first pick.

I’m a big Rosen supporter, I want him to be our QB, not sure if he’s actually got the goods but I’ve liked what I’ve seen so far.

With that being said I want the top draft pick to be a QB. I want competition between the two over the next few years. If Rosen has a huge year but falters after we have that insurance. If either get hurt we have two young QBs who can step up. I want two young guns competing against each other every camp and preseason.

As much as I’m a Rosen supporter I want this to be a position we don’t have to worry about the next 10 years. I may not live for another 20 years looking for our next QB as we spent the last 20 years.

Define great. If he, for example, evolves into an all pro this year than no, you don’t draft a qb 1. I’m not saying it’s a likely hood but it’s not like he was UDFA. He was a top ten pick a year ago so who knows.

Do you realize how unrealistic this is? Under this scenerio the team wouldnt know who its QB was going to be at the start of the season for many years and that is NOT a good thing. The ultimate goal is to have 1 franchise QB who is the leader and builds chemistry with all of the weapons at his disposal. This just doeant happen with a QB battle every year.

If he has a good year he’ll probably take us out of the first overall.in that case I would give him at the very least another year before drafting someone in the first.

I’m a big Rosen supporter, I want him to be our QB, not sure if he’s actually got the goods but I’ve liked what I’ve seen so far.

With that being said I want the top draft pick to be a QB. I want competition between the two over the next few years. If Rosen has a huge year but falters after we have that insurance. If either get hurt we have two young QBs who can step up. I want two young guns competing against each other every camp and preseason.

As much as I’m a Rosen supporter I want this to be a position we don’t have to worry about the next 10 years. I may not live for another 20 years looking for our next QB as we spent the last 20 years.

I’m with you... I think Rosen has a great arm and if he develops the mental part of the game could be great!

I still want two shots at finding that QB...it gives us depth and a much better shot at striking gold... if they both can play we have cheap depth for a couple years and a nice trade piece down the road.

Just curious. If Rosen has a top half season while improving every game, what do you think FLO will do? What if he has a top 10 season?

I don’t think any QB could lift this team out of the first pick... the O-line is historically bad.

Combined with below average RBs and WRs who forget to catch the ball.

Gesicki has made some plays, when given a chance. At this point Josh Rosen really needs to look for his big TE.

I don’t think any QB could lift this team out of the first pick... the O-line is historically bad.
If he has a great season like the OP states, We won’t be drafting first

It's vastly easier to state the holes this team doesn't have to fill than ones it does. We have almost no building blocks anywhere. Even if every single player we drafted was starting caliber next year, down to the late rounders, we would still be well short of a starting caliber 22. It would be stupid to waste a pick on a QB if Rosen shows really well, but that's a hypothetical that's a long way off.

I like Rosen and I think he can be the future here. With that being said, I don't understand why we traded for him. He isn't going to be capable of being evaluated with this roster and I think we are drafting his replacement next year.

If Rosen has a the year you describe then no you dont pick a QB first. You do pick a QB but you use the #1 pick to trade out and build the team, or get a game-changer on defense with the #1 pick.

Rosen is under contract for low money. He is actually cheap enough to be a back up QB if he's beaten out. I also see a lot to like about Rosen, especially his age, 22. He's still a kid but a kid with a freaking gun for an arm. His skill is God given, he's that outstanding of a passer. Put a solid team around him and he'll make us proud, that's my feeling.

If you're starting a team from scratch do you prefer Josh Rosen or Marcus Mariota. I'm taking Rosen. That guy Mariota was missing receivers the whole game. He holds the ball forever, they'd be better off giving Tannehill a shot. RT is better than that guy.

Back
Top Bottom