If Ross succumbs to media pressure and gets rid of Philbin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Ross succumbs to media pressure and gets rid of Philbin

That would be classic Miami, don't get the GM you wanted, because you wanted to keep the coach, settle for a GM, and then fire the coach 2 weeks later. Sad thing is, I wouldn't be surprised.

Plenty of us said Philbin should have been fired for being a chitty coach.

...Ross did set this season up that he can easily pull he plug and clean sweep next January if he wanted to. He aligned Hickey's contract with Philbin so they now appear tied together. If he clean sweeps next January, Ross will likely have his pick of "star" head coaches.

...and end up hiring his fifth or sixth choice.

Waaaay too late to do anything now. The combine is next weekend and FA starts in 24 days. This is a do or die year for Philbin and Conpany, which I believe should not be taking place. I really do hope that he surprises me but, am losing confidence by the day.

No need to fire Philbin. Get rid of Incognito and Martin, fire Turner and move on.

Maybe the situations aren't analogous, but if Belichick survived Spygate and Payton survived Bountygate, then why should Philbin be fired? It seems paradoxical to say that Philbin should be fired for not knowing whereas Belichick and Payton survived despite knowing. It sounds as though those that think Philbin deserves to be fired are using Bullygate as more evidence of perceived incompetence and his inability to become a successful head coach. I think that is a specious argument. I think where Philbin is at fault is in delegating too much responsibility to all assistant coaches. That's easy to see now with the benefit of hindsight, but a priori that would be the type of structure that people would want to work under. I know that I performed my job better when working for a delegator rather than a micromanager.

BB's situation was MUCH worse. Its not enougn to say that he knew. HE INSTIGATED IT!!
I still cant believe he was not suspended for a season. What he did threatens the integrity of the game. Goodell aggravated the scandal, when he destroyed all the evidence, before a third party could review it. Many questions were left unanswered.

Winning cures all!

Here is to a much prosperous 2014 Miami Dolphin season with Lazor-like precision.

BB's situation was MUCH worse. Its not enougn to say that he knew. HE INSTIGATED IT!!
I still cant believe he was not suspended for a season. What he did threatens the integrity of the game. Goodell aggravated the scandal, when he destroyed all the evidence, before a third party could review it. Many questions were left unanswered.

The teacher asked the student if he could use the word "beautiful" in the same sentence twice.

The student replied.

"Beautiful, F'n Beautiful!"

meanwhile,

Darren Sharper druggin two women and raping them doesnt garner any interest.

meanwhile,

Darren Sharper druggin two women and raping them doesnt garner any interest.

That's because those 2 unfortunate women aren't represented by the NFLPA. They don't matter to the league.

Good luck trying to find a "Real" coach. Most coaches would rather coach DIII teams than be part of this mess.

Philbin is safe IMO, this stuff happens in every locker room to some degree, just to hear everson walls talk that bull_ _ _ and schlereth you would that they were choir boys.

Back
Top Bottom