If San Fran takes Smith...? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If San Fran takes Smith...?

thepoolboy said:
The main problem with our roster is we have a 4-12 team with 4-12 talent. Our offensive players underachieve and our defense is aging quickly. IMO, a 23 year old (turning 24) RB does not fit well in this scenario. There is little chance that Brown will perform as well as Ricky did in 2002...not many RBs have had seasons like that. What's worst of all is the fact we didn't even make the playoffs that season.

We need to clear our heads and realize we are a long way from competing with NE. We need to develop building blocks for the future and there is no better place to start than at QB. If we draft Brown and he performs well (say 1200 yards), then what does our team look like two years from now? Most of our current defenders will be retired or near retirement, while some of our offensive players will have developed while others have been cut. In that scenario, I do not see how a 26 year old RB can be the centerpiece of this organization. In a similar scenario without the 1200 yard rusher we would have a 23 year old QB who may be the flagship player for the following decade. Then we would at least have a reasonably bright future.

Let's just hope Saban makes the right choice.

wow i couldn't agree anymore.

Trade down with the Buccs...

1) SF - Smith
2) TB - Rodgers
3) Cleveland - Edwards
4) Chicago - Benson
5) Miami... Cadillac, Ronnie or Mike Williams.

thepoolboy said:
The main problem with our roster is we have a 4-12 team with 4-12 talent

Wow, I'm really surprised you were not assaulted for that assessment. The talent level of our roster is generally overrated here, IMO, sometimes to extreme degree.

I think our talent level is more like 6-10, maybe 7-9 tops counting the FA acquisitions. When I looked at our depth chart late last season, it was the worst I could remember in 30+ years of following the team. Spielman has done a disgraceful job, regardless of his surprising number of apologists.

I have many friends in Las Vegas who rely on sports betting income alone. They cannot afford to be anything but impartial. Every single one of them I've quizzed this offseason rates Miami's personnel as below average.

byroan said:
RB or Edwards.

Two top RB's (Brown and Benson) are too old IMO to take at number 2 overall. I didn't realize this until yesterday. Didn't know Brown was going to be 24.

If Smith is taken by SF, I would do this:

1. Cry (I'm not kidding. Smith is the next Joe Montana waiting to happen)
2. Draft Rodgers
3. Call Jon Gruden
4. Make deal w/ Gruden
5. Draft Brown or Cadillac
6. Call pothead and tell him to go jump in the Indian Ocean
7. Resume draft

rodgers will be 10 times the pro alex smith will be... id still rather not have either but i pray SF takes smith, i dont wanna reach for either of these QBs... take the BPA, one of the WRs or one of the RBs...

what I dont understand is that if tampa wants to trade up to get a QB, why did they sign griese to a 5 year 30 whatever million deal? Seems like a waste to trade up to #2 and pick a QB unless they plan on having him ride the bench for 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom