If SF takes Smith, the choice is simple... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If SF takes Smith, the choice is simple...

Dubfire said:
We take the BPA and thats Braylon Edwards who many think is the best player in the draft. The draft is loaded with RB's and taking one at No. 2 while the best WR is still on the board is stupid.

I AGREE 100% BECAUSE RICKY WILLIAMS WILL BE BACK HE OWES US 8.6 MILL AND NOT ONLY THAT HE OWES CHILD SUPPORT TO THE WOMAN HE GOT PREAGNET AND WITH THAT I THINK WE TAKE EDWARDS IN THE 1ST ROUND AND MAYBE A RB IN THE LATER ROUNDS EVEN IF RICKY WANTS TO QUIT AGAIN THERE IS NOWAY HE CAN NOT UNLESS HE WANTS TO GO TO JAIL FOR CHILD SUPPORT :roflmao: :evil:

this may have already been said so forgive me folks, but if u take edwards the wr at #2 what good will that do u guys? he cant do jack if he doesnt have anyone that can throw the ball to him.... feeley is not the answer, u guys need a real qb and no not that ******* adrian, u pick him and u guys will be really hurting....

miami will draft alex smith .....

jason_taylor said:
I AGREE 100% BECAUSE RICKY WILLIAMS WILL BE BACK HE OWES US 8.6 MILL AND NOT ONLY THAT HE OWES CHILD SUPPORT TO THE WOMAN HE GOT PREAGNET AND WITH THAT I THINK WE TAKE EDWARDS IN THE 1ST ROUND AND MAYBE A RB IN THE LATER ROUNDS EVEN IF RICKY WANTS TO QUIT AGAIN THERE IS NOWAY HE CAN NOT UNLESS HE WANTS TO GO TO JAIL FOR CHILD SUPPORT :roflmao: :evil:

In honor of this post I will now present a completely random photo:

clear.gif

Picking any other position other than RB in the 1st round will be a mistake in my opinon. I'll be upset with any of Smith, Rodgers, Edwards or Williams.

4U2NV said:
Picking any other position other than RB in the 1st round will be a mistake in my opinon. I'll be upset with any of Smith, Rodgers, Edwards or Williams.

Man, that spells trouble for you huh?

Ark139954 said:
i would rather have braylon than smith anyway

:roflmao: that's hilarious ... :roflmao: have you thought about becoming a standup? :D

patsdynasty said:
this may have already been said so forgive me folks, but if u take edwards the wr at #2 what good will that do u guys? he cant do jack if he doesnt have anyone that can throw the ball to him.... feeley is not the answer, u guys need a real qb and no not that ******* adrian, u pick him and u guys will be really hurting....

I agree with that. And I also dont think drafting Macpherson would be a good idea.

My point is, what should we do if Smith is NOT there?

patsdynasty said:

You can't draft a player who has already been drafted by another team.

That was the headline of the thread. :shakeno:

Lets start with this basic premise: In this draft, there is no such thing as a simple choice.

We MUST trade down!!!

Please people we need to do our homework and take a look at history. Barry sanders and Bo Jackson are the only running backs in history who lived up to thier measurables and extremely overratted 40 time. Almost all of the truely productive and consistent running backs in history have had mediocre 40 times and less than ideal measurables. Ronnie Brown though he may be a pretty good pro is no superstar. I watched several Auburn games over the past couple of years, the only time he and williams truley split snaps in really important situations is when williams was banged up. There is no player in this draft that is worthy of the cash it is going take to sign a #2 pick. Saban knows this and will refuse to sell us short.

QUOTE=TeeMoney]It is interesting that you say the value isn't there at #2, when most boards have Smith at #1 and Brown at #2 (with a few that list Edwards in either spot). You may think Edwards is the BPA after Smith, but Saban may not think so. Maybe Saban and his staff think that Williams (either one) is BPA? There goes your theory *poof.[/QUOTE]

Surferosa said:
Lets start with this basic premise: In this draft, there is no such thing as a simple choice.

To me its only logical that we dont take a RB at No. 2 if Braylon is still on the board. With so many talented backs in the draft, we can get one later. Why commit that much money to one at No. 2? Now if we can trade down to 5 or 7, we take the BPA there. But if we have to stay at No. 2 and Brylon is there over the RB's, its has to be him.

I'll stand by that as I've stated since January.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=61825

All you people that swear he is going to be a bust, please tell me why. And don't give me the Michigan WR excuse.

Da 'Fins said:
You can't draft a player who has already been drafted by another team.

That was the headline of the thread. :shakeno:

He's a Pats fan. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom