IF Steve Smith is a FA | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF Steve Smith is a FA

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
we better get him.

He is awesome. Flat out a playmaker. He brings attitude, intensity, and is just amazing.

WOW.

Is he a FA. IF so I'd take him in a NY minute.

He's restricted. The guy caught like 88 balls, he'll be tendered for a 1st round pick. We've got no shot.

Who ever said that Steve Smith is cancer in the locker room. How do you know i really doubt you have ever been in NFL locker room with the guy. You are just saying crap with nothing to back it up

um, i didnt make the initial comment, but it's pretty known he was pretty much unprovoked when he beat the **** out of his teammate leaving him with a broken nose and whole lot more. Also he made a big ordeal about his contract, or lack or one... it's a safe bet hes not the most liked player on the panthers...

he was on espn radio a few minutes ago and wehn asked if he would be back with the panthers, he said he called his agent and they dont know if he will or not, i thought hed be adament about staying.

and we know he hates the pats, so maybe...

(just trying to keep it going, doubt we can afford him since hes restricted)

"THE NEWS

Carolina wide receiver Steve Smith was arrested on Friday in the wake of his vicious attack on teammate Anthony Bright earlier this week. A fight between the two left Bright hospitalized for two days, and required reconstructive plastic surgery for Bright. Upon leaving the hospital, Bright filed a complaint against Smith with Charlotte police. The AP notes that Smith was charged with assault inflicting serious injury, a misdemeanor. He posted bail, but has been suspended from playing this weekend.

OUR VIEW

If found guilty, Smith would face up to 120 days in jail, although a trial is unlikely to occur during the season. Apparently his offseason workout regimen with Michael Westbrook paid off."

http://www.fanball.com/fb/playerProfile.cfm/pid.1632

Consider it backed up. Anymore stupid comments?

Not sure if anyone posted this but I heard him (Steve Smith) interviewed today on ESPN radio and he said that T. Poole spit in his face during the Super Bowl. Said he will always be gunning for him from now on and that he "will" get back at him (on the field). Said also that he didn't retaliate during the game but did tell the ref. Wanted show that he IS a classy guy by taking the high road in the spotlight game. Says he lost all respect for Poole and notified Poole's teammates R. Harrison and W. Mcginest as to what happened so they would know when Smith went after him.
Sounds like Poole and Moulds have the same problem. Alot of mauling going on by the pats I noticed as well with 0 yellow flags, but that's no surprise. Carolina played an excellent game and should have won.
Anyway that all said, I would love to have Smith on the fins. The guy is coming into his own and his toughness does not mean he is a "cancer". Speed, great routes, tough, and to boot he has a personal vendetta against th Pats and T. Poole. Can only mean good things for the Dolphins imo. He did note that he doesn't know if he'll be with the Panthers next yearand he would be speaking to his agent today to see what the future holds for him.

Originally posted by Brad528
Who ever said that Steve Smith is cancer in the locker room. How do you know i really doubt you have ever been in NFL locker room with the guy. You are just saying crap with nothing to back it up

:rolleyes2

Well let's see, he busted his own teammate right in his sh*t, breaking his nose. That enough evidence to back up whoever initially said he was a cancer in the locker room? There's also the whole contract situation that you can go to a Panthers board to read about.

Last edited by a moderator:
JTown, I read that too on the Pats board at KFFL. Smith said that the next time he lines up next to Poole on the field, he's gonna get his "revenge". He also said that New England's DB's are weak.

He's a great young player and all, but I don't like his attitude or his ego.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of you don't know the situation.. Hell, Steve Smiths' teammate probably slept with his women for all you know and he kicked the sh*t out of him.. I personally want a big WR and prefer to draft one in the first round whether it be Michael Clayton, Rashaun Woods or Derrick Hamilton...

I'd take Steve Smith anyday though.

I still prefer Clayton definitely. He is quite good and is Mr. Dependable.

Jaj, what do you know about Derrick Hamilton WR from Clemson, if I'm not mistaken..

Hamilton is said ot have better speed than Clayton and better playmaking ability as well.. Both have about the same size, Derrick being a little more slender..

Hamilton is rawer than Clayton and I'm not sure if he would make the impact Clayton would year 1. Based on the way they block as well I would prefer Clayton.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
All of you don't know the situation.. Hell, Steve Smiths' teammate probably slept with his women for all you know and he kicked the sh*t out of him.. I personally want a big WR and prefer to draft one in the first round whether it be Michael Clayton, Rashaun Woods or Derrick Hamilton...

I'd take Steve Smith anyday though.

It was Nov. 2002, and it was a fight while watchign video of a game. They had a disagreement while analyzing the play, and Smith lit after him, team mates called it unprovoked. That's enough for me. Someone with so short of a fuse that he punches out his own team mate over a verbal dispute is enough for me to not like his attitude, then his own team mates calling it unprovoked.

Tag in the contract disputes (not just mad about not gettin an extension, he went on a ramapge cussing to the media about how not having a contract was like spitting in his @#(#@(*ing face), and reports that he had started 2 fights in training camp that year and you have a grade A tumor in the locker room. He's not worth it.

From what I hear, Derick Hamilton is in the same boat as Chris Chambers... Run first college with excellent WR talent.. Derrick Hamilton is also about 6'5 and 200.. around there..

Why not trade down and take Derrick Hamilton??

Back
Top Bottom