If the Bills and Browns Win a Playoff Game.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the Bills and Browns Win a Playoff Game....

But but but but but we had a great year and over achieved and blah de blah de freaking blah.

We won nothing but enough games to ruin our own draft position (excluding Houston). Sound familiar?

Win enough games to screw your spot while still not get into the playoffs.

Nothing is guaranteed next season even with the draft capital.

We had a playoff caliber defense (or so we thought), tremendous situational coaching and scheme (so we thought again) and controlled our own destiny but fell on our face in a specific manner that will never be forgotten.

More of the same for loserville.

And those continuing to tell me that we "overachieved" claim they are looking at the big picture.

Well you don't take those 10 wins with you next season - so this season results were worthless!

And the biggest note to end the season?

The Bills are 100% equipped to destroy us for the foreseeable future because they diced up out "elite" man coverage yet again.

Let's recap, we won 10 games which is now completely meaningless.

We learned the Bills own us.

We learned Tua is not guaranteed to be our future.

And we learned that Flo could not prepare the team and get them ready to complete in his biggest game as head coach.

This season brought about far more issues than the "overachieve" crowd will let you believe.
A little harsh.

- The Bills will be the team to beat going forward in our division.

- We have an excellent coaching staff. They got 10 wins w a horrible roster. Discipline w low penalty totals for 2nd year in row. Team does not beat itself. Donā€™t hang one hideous performance on Flo. He had this team playing terrific from weeks 5-16 for the most part. No 1 scoring D until yesterday. Lots of turnovers, half time adjustments, developing street guys etc which leads me to:

- Our drafting still isnā€™t where it needs to be. Under Grier, too many reach picks, an aversion to go after big play guys like TJ Watt (play it safe w Charles Harris etc). Noah Babaganoush is another good example of a reach at a position we didnā€™t need this year. Itā€™s as if he aims for ā€œaverageā€. Too many street guys and UDFA types. Iā€™m not impressed and am very concerned.

- No clarity on the QB situation. Tua was bad - really bad this year. All of our offensive stats went down once he took over - PPG, 3rd down conversion % etc but we did win games. Not saying heā€™s a bust. But the QB position is far from settled. And I donā€™t want to see Fitz anymore. Fun guy, crap QB. That we canā€™t shake him is telling as to how much our QB situation is still in flux.

- Future is bright but our window is imminent so we have to get better QB play and some more skill players. Grier needs to not hesitate on the chances to move up to get that ā€œguyā€ this year. He was late every time last draft which is why we wound up w Howard and Breida - both suck.

- **** NE.

Must be nice to be a sociopath and not feel emotion at a time like this.
I feel for all those who have been without a job for months because of the virus. I feel for those who have lost family members to the virus and other deadly diseases. I feel for those who donā€™t have enough food or might lose their homes because they have no income.

Yet it makes no sense to have a lot of emotion about a game where the players make millions of dollars whether they win or lose. I enjoy football but it certainly isnā€™t a matter of life or death for me and once the game is over, I donā€™t feel an obligation to get emotional about the results of the game.
ā€˜You obviously donā€™t have a clue what a sociopath is.

Are we the only 10-6 team to not make the playoffs? Our luck will turn one day, I think this team could have won a wildcard playoff game. Ford is not a NFL caliber WR and Parker health issues included is probably a #2 receiver. Tua and Parker couldn't carry this whole team with the play calls (1st half seemed like Bowden was involved half the time with nothing for Parker or Gesicki) and the way the line was blocking yesterday just showed that the Bills are in another class than we are. Not having Grant also had a big impact on our field position yesterday. Give Tua & his new and current receivers and TE's time during the summer to warm up together and we could see improvement though it's not guaranteed. Were you as good at your job the first year as the 3rd? Let's look at the two QB's rookie year stats and you'll see that Tua is starting from a better place.

NAMEPOSGPCMPATTCMP%YDSAVGYDS/GLNGTDINTSACKSYLQBRRTG
Josh AllenBUFQB1216932052.82,0746.5172.87510122821349.867.9
Tua TagovailoaMIAQB1018629064.11,8146.3181.4351152013652.987.1

Are we the only 10-6 team to not make the playoffs? Our luck will turn one day, I think this team could have won a wildcard playoff game. Ford is not a NFL caliber WR and Parker health issues included is probably a #2 receiver. Tua and Parker couldn't carry this whole team with the play calls (1st half seemed like Bowden was involved half the time with nothing for Parker or Gesicki) and the way the line was blocking yesterday just showed that the Bills are in another class than we are. Not having Grant also had a big impact on our field position yesterday. Give Tua & his new and current receivers and TE's time during the summer to warm up together and we could see improvement though it's not guaranteed. Were you as good at your job the first year as the 3rd? Let's look at the two QB's rookie year stats and you'll see that Tua is starting from a better place.

NAMEPOSGPCMPATTCMP%YDSAVGYDS/GLNGTDINTSACKSYLQBRRTG
Josh AllenBUFQB1216932052.82,0746.5172.87510122821349.867.9
Tua TagovailoaMIAQB1018629064.11,8146.3181.4351152013652.987.1
The Patriots finished 11-5 in 2008 and missed the playoff because the Dolphins were also 11-5 but won the AFC East conference on a tie breaker. So it happens.

The real problem is you have a lot of posters who donā€™t have the slightest clue about football.
Couldn't agree more. Three quarters of this board had Tua as the second coming and Justin Herbert as a bust. Oops.

Couldn't agree more. Three quarters of this board had Tua as the second coming and Justin Herbert as a bust. Oops.
I was one of those who would have been happy with either Tua or Herbert. I thought Herbert would be a good NFL QB and I still think Tua can be successful if he has better talent around him. I never saw Tua as a Marino type QB who could come in and instantly transform an offense into a powerhouse. I think he can be successful if he has at least an average running game and a much better WR group but he isnā€™t the type of QB that can carry a team on his shoulders.

There have been very few of those type of QBā€˜s in NFL history and even though Marino was that type of a QB. He still never could lead the Dolphins to a SB win because he just never had a complete team to get to the SB and win it during his entire career with Miami.

And we "had" coaching in place when Adam Gase did a fantastic job his rookie season and ACTUALLY took us to the playoffs with a bunch of back ups.

Look at where Adam is now, nothing is guaranteed in this league, not even the wonderful coach Flo with all of his "success".
He isnā€™t wrong. There were post up thanking Ross for hiring gase after we beat bills in 2016

Honestly I think we are little better then 2016 talent wise on defense. Coaching wise a lot better on defense.

Offense? Compared to 2016 I wonā€™t go there.

Eh, not much we can do about that at this point. On to the off-season and looking to build on the improvements weā€™ve already made so far.

Hard to blame one or two people when the entire team... coaches to players failed to perform.

Isn't JUST about Tua. Did you see how Buffalo shredded our defense in the first half?

3rd youngest team. Most of them no playoff experience. They should get better. Get some real playmakers and be contenders next year.

Tua has only been playing since week 7 or 8. Defenses are in mid-season form. Tough assignment. But if you got bite...???

Its not the loss. It's HOW we lost. Being the last game of the year, the most important game, its going to sting a long time. It makes this season feel "So Dolphins". It'll take time to get over so we can appreciate the accomplishments this year.

As for the Bills I hope they win it all. They're a great team and fun to watch. Allen and Diggs seem like good dudes. And If we're going out... go out to the champions.
Screw bills winning it all. Why do they look like great dudes? I had no problem with pats winning cause they dominated nfl and beat the Steelers where I live. I donā€™t need another afc east team winning super bowl before us. Plus their fans have lost for 25 years and acted like the biggest dicks after winning. Sadly I think they will go to super bowl and win.

Yeah. I was 19 the last time Miami won a playoff game. Iā€™m double that age now. Itā€™s disgusting.
I agree the last 20 years have been frustrating as a Miami fan but there are a lot of other things in the world that I find disgusting and following the Dolphins isnā€™t one of those things. I guess being a lot older than you and seeing how really unimportant a game is in comparison to all the other bad things in the world, I just donā€™t let the wins or losses affect me the way they did when I was younger.

ā€˜ā€™ā€™Yet I can fully understand where you are coming from because there was a time when a Dolphin loss would affect me until the next game. I just guess age gives you a different perspective but I do hope all you younger fans can someday experience the SB victories I was fortunate enough to experience nearly 50 years ago.

I agree the last 20 years have been frustrating as a Miami fan but there are a lot of other things in the world that I find disgusting and following the Dolphins isnā€™t one of those things. I guess being a lot older than you and seeing how really unimportant a game is in comparison to all the other bad things in the world, I just donā€™t let the wins or losses affect me the way they did when I was younger.

ā€˜ā€™ā€™Yet I can fully understand where you are coming from because there was a time when a Dolphin loss would affect me until the next game. I just guess age gives you a different perspective but I do hope all you younger fans can someday experience the SB victories I was fortunate enough to experience nearly 50 years ago.
Iā€™m fully aware of football being a game and itā€™s not ultimately on the list of most important things in life.

That being said, itā€™s still incredibly disappointing to like a franchise that has yet to win anything in my lifetime.

Before this thread is completely dead and buried it's worth pointing out that we do now officially have the third longest drought without a win. We are also tied for fifth for the longest drought without a playoff appearance.

Back
Top Bottom