If the Bills and Browns Win a Playoff Game.... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the Bills and Browns Win a Playoff Game....

The Dolphins will have the third longest streak in the NFL since winning a playoff game. That might explain why there's so much infighting here! Only the hapless Bengals (6 wild card losses in 7 seasons from 2009 - 2015 and no wins since 1990) and the Lions (9 straight losses and no wins since 1991) would still be worse than us.
Well, the needle is pointing up for us, so hopefully we don't reach the point where we have the longest streak.

It appears better times lie ahead for this team. I eagerly await the 2021 draft where we have 4 picks in the top 50. The young core of this team will be the most solid it has been in a long time.

Who’s peddling hope? I’m stating facts. Please tell me where in my post that I stated something that wasn’t a fact. I’ll wait.
"While Tua isn’t a prefect QB at this point, he did some things that give one hope."

"While Tua isn’t a prefect QB at this point, he did some things that give one hope."

That isn’t a fact? Go back and watch the Arizona game....Then come talk to me.

Wrong.

Being a fan is complicated. I spent $150 on a new Tua jersey before the season started so I am quite literally invested in his success.

I don't want him to fail, but I'm pissed off and will speak my mind.
Sounds more like entitlement

How many Super Bowl's did Huizenga win again? What was the score of the Barfalo game at the end of the first quarter? The sky is not falling, we over achieved. If you cant recognize that you are a
'fan' of the wrong team...

Strictly for Waging Purposes...

I assume most agree that the Chiefs should beat the Browns.

Now, What about Baltimore vs. Bills? That game seems like it could go eitherway to me.

Let's be honest.

You made an account here just to complain and vent. I hope it's cathartic for you.
Been active on the site since the Saban hire just have not had a username / posted in probably 8 years. If you notice my rejoin date, it was prior to the collapse. And if you look at those OG posts, they are all positive and encouraging. So my purpose for rejoining was not to complain and vent. However, things obviously went a certain way. And you are correct in that it has been my therapy to come on here and speak my mind.

Now to what I posted. I legit do not believe in moral victories. I wanted a playoff birth and a top 3 pick (greedy I know). Think we would would have been the first team to ever do it (could be mistaken).

But this season was all about Flo trying to have his cake and eat it too. He wanted the postseason but he wanted Tua to net experience (which I agree was vital). But I think we should have decided which of those two items was more important for the now and the future. If playoffs this year was higher priority than Fitz should have been the guy until he proved otherwise. If Tua getting experience was of more value then give him the keys to the car and never going back to Fitz.

This was our down fall. Now of course I understand Fitz was not available for week 17 and we had obvious talent deficiencies at the skill positions. But given the style of play we needed out of the QB (quick release and throwing people open due to lack of separation) we know Fits gave us a better chance to win "now". Plus when you factor in the Chan issue on how he wanted Fitz. Again it was going against the grain.

But the most concerning item to me was tone of the way we finished the season. Thinking "what could have been" if we stuck with Fitz. Broncos, Chiefs, Raiders (still pulled it out), Bills (if available) games could have maybe found our O into a different type of rhythm. Instead we finished it off by watching Tua get down big to KC when we turned them over 4 times. Then Tua gets benched for Fitz and Fitz instantly has success in Vegas. And then week 17, whatever you want to call that.

That tone of how we ended the season should not give fans blind optimism for the future. Another detractor of my comments (just prior to yours) said "we are in year two of a rebuild" and "we should only win 5 games".

WRONG. We won 5 games last season with no talent. The baseline was then established. Adding 10 Free Agents and drafting 5 players in the first 2 rounds including your franchise QB and OT means you need to see instant improvement that very next season. Our benchmark was 8 or 9 wins IMO. That influx of talent should have resulted in a net positive gain of 3 to 4 wins.

Without that week 16 FitzMagic we are 9-7 and right on pace with the rebuild. So we are slightly ahead of schedule thanks to those heroics.

But this does not guarantee anything. The way we finished the season really left more questions than answers tbh.

#1- Tua with what I would call an "Incomplete" grade on the season. Is he the future? (I think so but still a question to field).
#2 - Our man defense clearly not matching up well with now our top competition in Buffalo (bodes as a looming question in philosophy for our staff). Remember Olivadotti against the 90s Bills?
#3- The change in identity of the coaching staff (both personnel and style). Putting aside the tremendous turnover in the staff from last season (which was not good). But do you remember our surprise onside kicks, guts on 4th down and execution on trick plays in 2019? We regressed on all of these aspects this season. Not a single surprise onside the entire season, tied for dead last in the NFL on 4th down attempts, and multiple failed trick play when people failed to report (even though I do believe KGH on the one).
#4 - Cap. Cap going down, big benefit to us but not conducive for a big spending spree. Plus players might be reluctant to sign long term this offseason given the climate. Best we can do is hope a cap strapped team wants draft capital for a proven commodity (like 18 overall for Ryan Ramczyk like one poster pointed out could be a target given the cap situation in NO).
#5 - Third Overall Pick. We trade back and acquire more future capital? We stay and draft a difference maker like Parsons or Sewell? But those guys don't score TD's......

To conclude, we did not overachieve in some massive way like many fans want you to believe. And these questions above^ if answered properly will dictate a positive future for the franchise. But nothing is guaranteed even with our draft capital, cap space etc.

I stand by my point. Winning 10 games and missing the postseason is a tragedy (especially in an expanded field). And you DO NOT take those wins with you. The bar for next season with another 4 picks in the top 2 rounds including a potential top 3 pick and hopefully a few other key veteran additions should be right around 10 to 11.

10 Wins this year does not mean 10 wins next year.

This is why I post.

Damn you are negative. So no positives? This is year 2 of a massive rebuild. We were supposed to win like 5 games this year. We are well on our way.
We won 5 games in 2019 and then added 10 free agents and 5 players in the first 2 rounds of the draft. 2 of which are your perceived franchise QB and OT.

And you think we should have had the same win output?

Do I need to remind you who was playing on the o-line week 17 last season?

Back
Top Bottom