If The Dolphins Are Tanking Then Why Sign Allen? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If The Dolphins Are Tanking Then Why Sign Allen?

nasty

Rookie
Reaction score
I like the signing but I just feel like it's pointless unless they want him for our future but by then he will be kind of old. Signing this guy probably wont help us win a extra game but it will make the team better. So are we tanking or rebuilding ? A bit confused.

Chance are we won't be starting a great QB this coming season so we're going to probably run a little more and he's a great blocker. He's still only 29 and the money is low. Our TE room has nothing but young guys so they needed a vet to come in and help with that. We're going to lose plenty of games this year but you need to start building and part of that is teaching the young guys how to go about their business. He's won a super bowl too so he brings that too. Even if you're tanking doesn't mean you bring in nothing but bad players. They're just getting rid of the high money guy whom production doesn't match their salary.

Blocking was a weak link for us. We are not aiming high this year but they probably dont want Falk getting hurt. I havent seen Falk, but how cool would it be if he was the future.

Blocking was a weak link for us. We are not aiming high this year but they probably dont want Falk getting hurt. I havent seen Falk, but how cool would it be if he was the future.
I think I'm his only fan in this forum. Not much talk on him here but he's a high completion percentage guy who I think would be great for a dink and dunk offense.

The problem we had last year in the TE position is that we drafted Gesicki and tried to play him like Goedert. I would hope that this means we start to use Mike for what he was supposed to be used for instead of as an inline blocker. It also allows Smythe to learn from Allen as I dont think they have a lot in common from a football standpoint.

We need to start using Mike like Jimmy Graham and this may be a step in that direction.

Because Miami isn’t tanking. They’re getting rid of all the underachievers and getting players that they believe will just do their job consistently

I'm sure their season ticket holders don't want to hear the team is tanking.

Back
Top Bottom