If the Phins are not successful this year and DW gets fired...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the Phins are not successful this year and DW gets fired......

Rrodr038

Practice Squad
Reaction score
...Who would you want to replace him? (keep in mind that I like DW, I just know that this is a make or break season for him)

I've been pondering this question since the end of last season when we collapsed in NE and then again at the start of FA when we were just vegetating. Just wondering who you guys would want if we happen to fail to reach the playofs like we did last season. (and please no fantasy coaches like Gruden or Parcells, I want you guys to be as realistic as possible).

Tough question man, we've signed a few veteran players that will really help out, so I'm betting this will be a really breakout year for the Phins. Everything seems to be falling into place. Ask me again if we don't make the playoffs.:cool:

Norv Turner, Bob Stoops, coach of Georgia Mark Rix I think, or Lovie Smith from the Rams. I would like to see Speilman kept on as Gm. If not Lovie an agressive DC would need to be brought in. Stoops would be great because he would most likely come in with his brother who runs a great D.

Originally posted by Jaydog57
Tough question man, we've signed a few veteran players that will really help out, so I'm betting this will be a really breakout year for the Phins. Everything seems to be falling into place. Ask me again if we don't make the playoffs.:cool:

I don't think playoff would keep Dave's job. He needs to lock down home feild, and at least an AFC championship game appearence.

That would be great if Lovie Smith was our coach ... But Norv would be gone so it's tough to make this decision.. What about Bill Cowher if he's fired?? Fiery coach who'd take over a very talented team.. Or Maybe the Coach that was fired from the Colts?? Offensive Mind with keeping Bates in as Def. Coord.. Lots of options man.. We just don't know who will be fired next year ... Why not Norv Turner?? He could be the coach and in charge of offense..

HOORAH:drinker:

A coach with a mean streak and an attitude.

Something this team needs..

You may all jump on me for this but would any of you guys like to see Jimmy Johnson come back? I mean I think it would be thrilling to see him team up with Norv again and see what he could do with a running game. Maybe Wannie would go back to being the D- coordinator and we could really be the reincarnation of the early '90s Cowboys.

Does anyone else find it odd when someone says everything is falling into place in a thread about the coach getting fired?

My answer is Tressel!
Norv will go when DW does...he won't jump his friends grave like that!

1. Bobby Stoops
2. Tyrone Willingham
3. Jim Tressel
NO DENNY GREEN(he'd want complete control. Keep Spielman)
NO JIMMY JOHNSON(he might try to replace Ricky with John Avery)

Jim Mora is who I was talking about... Why not?? Offensive minded coach with Bates staying with the defense.. I wouldn't mind seeing that..

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Jim Mora is who I was talking about... Why not?? Offensive minded coach with Bates staying with the defense.. I wouldn't mind seeing that..

I don't know but maybe it was 'cause of New Orleans or Indianapolis, but Jim just couldn't, as the title under your avatar says, 'Bring it'. He's a decent coach but maybe he's better as a coordinator. Just my opinion.:cool:

I think this team would look into the college ranks for a new coach. There would be a lot of options, like Tressel, Stoops, Willingham, etc. I have heard that Huizenga's top choice would be Bob Stoops from Oklahoma, and I think he would be a very good coach.

Back
Top Bottom