If the Phins are not successful this year and DW gets fired...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the Phins are not successful this year and DW gets fired......

Cowher would be great, but I don't think he's going anywhere for a long time.

Stoops would be interesting but with our veterans, I think it would be a difficult adjustment. If we totally rebuilt the team and made a lot of trades, maybe he would work.

No way would I keep Bates as DC! He's mediocre at best. Talent is the only thing that keeps the D from getting creamed. We play so vanilla without imagination - it's amazing we do as well as we do!

I would go after an innovative guy - a younger DC or OC who coached under an innovative coach (like an assistant to a Ried, Belichick, Gruden, Martz) - but, who also has a charismatic personality - like a Gruden or Cowher. If this team fails this year, I think it will be either injuries or the inability of the coaches to light a fire under certain guys.

really guys, how can a thread like this even get so many replies, DW had just done a very good offseason job so far, we will see how he did in the draft in a few months, we improved our team again this year and someone asks what happens, if we dont make the playoffs ? :rolleyes:

Great question, tough choices.

My list:

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER (so don't jump me about the numbers next to their name, because they don't matter)

1. Mike Ditka-Reunited with Ricky, firey guy.
2. Bob Stoops-good choice, young and could be a long term coach.
3. Don Strock-Coaching FIU currently. Good offensive mind
4. Gary Kubiak- Has psent his time learning, he is due a shot (then forget Griese.)
5. Lovie Smith-Great defensive Coach. If we could also retain Norv, nice team.
6. Norv Turner-Why not? He is capable. Just not much different than Wanny demeanor wise.
7. Larry Coker-By then he may be ready. So far he has proven he can Coach at the highest college level.
8. Bill Cowher- Probably would be my top choice. I don't think you can pry him away from Pittsburgh.
9. Butch Davis-Maybe after one more year he wears out his welcome in Cleveland.

Let us all hope we don't have to decide for another couple of years. Because that would mean we are winning baby!

Originally posted by Al13
really guys, how can a thread like this even get so many replies, DW had just done a very good offseason job so far, we will see how he did in the draft in a few months, we improved our team again this year and someone asks what happens, if we dont make the playoffs ? :rolleyes:

Just talking man. The original post made that very clear.

Everyone needs to relax a little. During this time of year there isn't much to talk about. So what if want to speculate a little.

Every post doesn't have to be meaningful and a statement of position. Soemtimes we can just have fun kicking things around.

It's like movies. Every movie doesn't have to be "Citizen Cane". You can throw some Animal House in there for just sheer fun.

WHy so so many feel like it's their job to "grade" the value of every comment and post? Let everyone have there say and either participate or not. But don't condem.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Tressel and Willingham are from where? Not a big College football fan.. Excuse my ignorance.. :hitself:

Tressel is the coach of the National Champs Ohio State Bucks!!!

Willingham is from Notre Dame

Both would be awsome They know how to run a Defensive team!!

Willingham will be my top choice....

Top Choice
Herm Edwards <--- Hell of a coach

More realistic choice
Tyrone Willingham
Jim Stressel

Bob Stoops or the coach at LSU (name escapes me)

A young fiery guy is what needs to be brought in. If we go offense coach we better get a great D-coordinator to come in and run this group of guys or we'll revolt.

Wayne did say that Tuner is not a consideration to be the next coach of the Phins. Of course that was after last season so who knows.

Originally posted by Tatonka
wanny will get fired.. after the flop

:rolleyes:

What if the Bills don't make it past 8-8. Does WIlliams get fired after that flop?

Bob Stoops ...... Anything to get him out of the Big 12

Hookem
Texphinphan

I remember hearing last year Cowhers job was in jeapordy if he didn't produce. He did, but we'll see what happens this year?

Perhaps if Pitt doesn't go anywhere this year he could get fired? I wouldn't mind seeing Cowher here, because his facial expressions during games are hilarious and he's a firey guy.

JJ? I would take JJ back with open arms. I doubt he'd be dumb enough to replace Ricky. I doubt this would ever happen though..

Cowher would be perfect!!

Others Id like:
Tressel
Willingham
Coker

Back
Top Bottom